Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,134

1 members and 3,133 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks
    Go ahead and laugh at me... but I still need the answer to my question. What is "musking"? Is it peeing or something? :lol: Sorry I'm a geek! I've looked everywhere online and do you believe it: I still can't find it! LOL. And while we're at it... what is the best habitat set for a Corn?
    Soon-to-be Corn snake mummy! I'll keep ya updated...any name suggestions welcomed!

Thanks
    ...Oh come one people! I know it's funny but still please answer...LOL...
    Soon-to-be Corn snake mummy! I'll keep ya updated...any name suggestions welcomed!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Because corns don't need higher humidity requirements like ball pythons, a glass tank would work. You can get nice reptile aquariums that have sliding screen lids. With those, however, you have to watch that they don't rub their noses on the scree lid. Or to save money you can use a rubbermaid or sterilite tub. They're much cheaper and easier to clean as well. I've seen some nice pics of these:

http://www.ssnakess.com/forums/showt...threadid=25763

Musking......well....it's not really urine (perhaps some of it technically is)....it is a kind of liquid that just plain stinks. That's the best I can think of to describe it. It's a kind of defense mechanism. My Mexican Black King musks everyone but me. My Cal King musks everyone, but I've managed to get her to stop musking me the last couple of weeks. With her it seems that she'll musk me when I pick her up, but if I let her crawl out onto my hands when she wants she's cool - but if while I was holding her something spooked her she would probably do it. At first I thought they were peeing on me because everyone had told me how fowl the smell was and that you had to scrub in the shower to even get rid of some of the smell. Maybe the potency of the odor varies by species...then again my kings are little tots - maybe the smell would be worse if they were older/bigger.
    Ball Python, Bredl's Carpet Python, Kenyan Sand Boa, Saharan Sand Boa
    Mexican Black King, California King, Snow Corn, Okeetee Corn, Everglades Ratsnake
    Blue Tongued Skinks: Irian Jaya (2), Indonesian, Northern, Tanimbar, Eastern, Kei, Merauke
    Crested Gecko

Thanks
    Thank you...once again!

Thanks
    What about one of those reptariums?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I am personally not comfortable housing any snake in those. Snakes are escape artists - even when your 100% sure your caging is secure, they'll manage to prove you wrong. I just don't feel confident that those repatariums are secure enough. I think they're better for chameleons, etc.

And you're welcome!
    Ball Python, Bredl's Carpet Python, Kenyan Sand Boa, Saharan Sand Boa
    Mexican Black King, California King, Snow Corn, Okeetee Corn, Everglades Ratsnake
    Blue Tongued Skinks: Irian Jaya (2), Indonesian, Northern, Tanimbar, Eastern, Kei, Merauke
    Crested Gecko

Thanks
    Yeah, I see... I'll just go with an aquarium.