Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,970

2 members and 2,968 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks
    Well about an hour or so ago Beefy (Tegu) found a way to get out of his tank. The only way I knew he was out is my three Shar-Pei's (dogs) went FLYING up the stairs to my room. Next thing I know i hear breaking glass thrashing, etc and went to see what was going on. Well before I even got to my room I knew what had happened. All I saw was the red tail of my Tegu and my dogs going crazy. So I get the dogs out of my room, and check on Beefy. Then my brother wakes up to see what was going on so I had him throw the dogs outside. Now I have never held Beefy since acuiring him on the 4th because he seems aggressive and I wanted to let him properly adjust. Well I had no choice today! He was in a corner in my room so I had my brother standing at the front of my room incase Beefy got past me somehow and made a break for it. First I talked to him to let him know I was there then I touched his tail to see if he was going to attack me. He seemed to realize it was me and didn't thrash, lunge, or bite. So I grabed him underneath his front and back feet to put him back in his tank. Well that scared the sh*t out of him so I put him back down and grabed him by the thickest part of his tail and held the smallest part as well so I wouldn't get tail whiped. To my surprise he preffered being picked up by the tail and went willingly ( he wanted nothing more than to be back in his tank) back into his tank.

I'll tell you this, I don't think I have ever been more nervous and I work with horses for petes sake!! I have the utmost respect for this animal and what he could possibly do to me. I have no idea how he got out of his tank. We have boulders (literally) sitting on top of the wood lid. The only reason I don't have a screen with locks for this tank is it's been a beast locating one for a 75g tank!!! Thank God I finally found a place today that has them with locks for $21. So his little "Houdini" days are over

I am just glad both dogs and "Houdini" are allright and none are worse for the wear. Well...I have had enough drama for the day!
    Danielle

Banned
    Thanks
    Sounds like fun.
    I'm glad it all turned out well.

Thanks
    Thanks. Yep, it was fun. Hasn't happened since I found that screen lid and bought it for the tank
    Danielle