Your defiantly not alone Melody!! Funny thing is I haven't been on here in years as I rehomed my snakes, but I have recently gotten back into them again! Oddly enough anxiety is partially the reason too.. My hobbies and especially caring for animals as a whole has always seemed to calm me down. When I say that, I've always had anxiety for as long as I can remember.. It wasn't until I was 20 that it really hit me bad. After an extremely stressful week of work, school, and some crazy family and friend issues... One night I suddenly woke up with a horrible panic attack and no joke I thought i was going to die.. Sad to say i really was never the same after that. I continued to get them for what seemed like almost daily for months until I finally was able to seek medical help due to me insurance not covering "mental disabilities" at the time.. Even on a good day I was constantly on edge and sometimes the slightest thing could set me off. Even while driving.. not a fun situation. Since then I have been lightly medicated on a few different medications until my dr. and i found just the right one that seemed to work for me. I really wish I didn't have to take them as i feel its a bit debilitating feeling like "i have to have it so i dont start to feel weird" but even on days when i might just forget it or just haven't picked it up from my cvs just yet, i feel in control of myself. That right there is the most important thing i have found that works yet! On days when i do start to feel uncomfortable i or feel an actual panic attack coming on, i just tell myself "i am in control, it will pass soon and i will be fine". "your minds just playing with you again, and it doesnt make you a freak or weird, everyone body have differnt ways of dealing with things and situations". Im in the process of designing a tattoo of an awesome book i read that i love! I have an ebook of it somewhere ill have to post and let you check it out! But chapter four is called; Acceptance. My tattoo will read; 4cceptance.. lol seeee what i did ther ;p? Anyway before i ramble more and more here it really did hit a nail on the head for me. Just simply stating "accept it!". Its annoying and sucks really bad at times.. but!! Your not going to die, the feeling will go away soon. Yes sometimes it seems like it last for hours, but it will all be ok. Your not having a heart attack, youll stop sweating, fiddling with thing, biting your nails to the bone soon lol. It all will pass and there is nothing wrong with you!! You are totally normal and shouldnt look at yourself any differently because of it either!. Its taken me years of being able to let my self be ok with it, but i am now. Sorry for the horrible grammar and the rambling.. I tend to do that when taling about this haha.

Hope all is well and you find what helps you soon! Oh also for me working with my hands has always been very therapeutic! Weather it be fully rebuilding my car from the engine to the interior, graphic arts, drawing, wood working, and even building puzzles and block castles with my 4 year old niece lol. Ive found the worst things i can do is anything that contributes any more unneeded stress. Playing online video games or watching a movie are about the worst things to for me anyway.. Anything competitive tends to get my blood boiling weather good or bad, and movies just make you sit there and stair.. never is a good thing when having anxiety. Get up and out! Get out of the house and hell i duno go run in circles! lol do something!! Speaking of ive always read a good diet and exercise can help tremendously!!