Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,358

3 members and 3,355 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,184 Posts

NARBC Tinley Park, IL.

Oct. 12th - 13th
    Just a couple of months away and we are getting pretty excited.

Who's going?
    What are you excited about seeing?

Thanks
    I'm going and excited about it as always, I expect it to be a great show and am planning to take a friend along who has never seen a show of any real size like that before so watching them there will probably be entertaining as well as the show. I'm not wishing away the year though, there's a nice although small show in bowling green kentucky next month I plan to do and then this other little thing next weekend called "daytona"...lots of fun coming up between now and the end of the year.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rascal_rascal_99 For This Useful Post:

3skulls (08-12-2013)

Thanks
    My boyfriend and I are planning on going. Chicago is only an hour and a half or so away from us. I just love seeing all the different types of animals and talking to the breeders. Hoping to pick up another ball python or two. Really want a mystic female to breed eventually to my Mojave male to get mystic potions. I see NERD is going to be there. Would love to meet them.
    The collection is growing:
    1.0 Dumerils Boa (Khardeen), 0.1 Spider Ball Python (Charlotte), 0.1 Pastel Ball Python (Serenity), 1.1 Mojave Ball Python (Atreyu, Starr), 1.0 Black Pastel Ball python (Vader), 0.1 Enchi Champagne Ball Python (Monroe), 1.0 Enchi Ball Python (Apollo), 1.0 Citrus pastel yellowbelly ball python (Mellow Yellow), 1.1 Fire ball pythons (Fuego, Pele), 0.1 Pinstripe ball python (Vera), 1.0 Pastel Calico ball python (Monty the python), 1.0 X-Gene ball python (Wesley), 0.1 Butter X-Gene ball python (Buttercup), 0.1 Bumble Bee ball python (Honeycomb), 1.1 Red Blood Pythons (Armond, Mina), 1.1 Matrix Red Blood Python (no name, Trinity), 0.1 Splotched Sinaloan Milksnake (Lilith), 1.0 Albino Honduran Milksnake (Boros), 1.0 Desert Kingsnake (Crowley- King of Hell), 0.1 Banded Albino Kingsnake (Rhapsody)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gaiaeagle For This Useful Post:

3skulls (08-12-2013)

Thanks

NARBC Tinley Park, IL.

KRE in Bowling green?

We have been saving all our change and throwing in random bills for the Tinley trip. Hoping to be able to pick something up while we are there.

For those of you in the Chicago area, if saying in the downtown area can you take the "L" to Tinley or is it better to drive?

Thanks

Re: NARBC Tinley Park, IL.

I plan on going, this is my first year, so i guess that I'm excited for everything there.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Recreation For This Useful Post:

3skulls (08-12-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 3skulls View Post
    KRE in Bowling green?
    I mentioned that because I noticed it says you're in Kentucky...although depending on where you are, you could still be a long ways from Bowling Green. The KRE shows move around all over the state though, so if you're not close to BG there may be another one closer to you. Small shows but usually pretty nice and the couple that runs them are really wonderful people. They do a december christmas show in BG also, accept toys for kids in place of paying an admission fee and usually raise a decent amount for children at the show.

http://www.kentuckyreptileexpo.com/

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rascal_rascal_99 For This Useful Post:

3skulls (08-12-2013)

Thanks

NARBC Tinley Park, IL.

Yep, I go by Rich Z on The KRE forums. I have met some good people there. BG is a couple hours away but I have been to a few of the other ones.
    Small world.

Tinley will be our first big expo. Most of the ones we hit are 30-40 table range.

Thanks

I say that when i attend this show that I will not be purchasing anything. However I also told myself that I would only buy one ball python and would be content. How "true" that turned out to be...

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by Recreation; 08-12-2013 at 02:39 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,923 Posts
    If you are staying downtown, the fastest way to get to tinley is to drive. Its in the suburbs, so the eL train won't get you there. I suppose you could take the metra line but I know the stop isn't anywhere close to the convention center.

Maybe we can carpool? I'll be coming from the northern part of town on saturday and part of sunday.

Also, we should plan a little meetup! We did one last year and it was super fun! It is nice to put a face to the usernames
    ~Steffe

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaorte For This Useful Post:

3skulls (09-18-2013)

Thanks
    There are several hotels right there, you might just as well stay at one of those. I couldn't get a room at the attached hotel in march, and found out there are 2-3 more less than a mile away. and the one I booked at was cheaper than the show rate at the convention center hotel.
    Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Never argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with their experience.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast