Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,500

1 members and 1,499 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Why does everything have to be entertaining, why does everything have to be sensational, why cant they just report FACTS, stop speculating, report on whats known, and let the people speculate among themselves and determine their own opinions until more FACTS are made available. The medias influence on people is disgusting, people cant think for themselves anymore, what the media says is true and we must follow! A world full of ignorance and idiocy.

0.1 Albino
    0.2 Classic
    0.1 Het. Red Axanthic
    0.1 Mojave h. Ghost
    0.1 Pastel
    0.1 Spider h. Ghost
    1.0 Black Pastel
    1.0 Blue Eye Leucistic h. Ghost
    1.0 Lesser
    1.0 Pastel h. Ghost

0.1 Morelia bredli
    0.0.1 Varanus acanthurus (Silly)
    0.1 Brachypelma auratum
    0.1 Scottisch Fold (Tipsy)
    0.1 Abyssinian (Prim)

http://www.facebook.com/AAExoten

Thanks

Re: News: 2 die in Boa Attack

Quote Originally Posted by eatgoodfood View Post
    Why does everything have to be entertaining, why does everything have to be sensational, why cant they just report FACTS, stop speculating, report on whats known, and let the people speculate among themselves and determine their own opinions until more FACTS are made available. The medias influence on people is disgusting, people cant think for themselves anymore, what the media says is true and we must follow! A world full of ignorance and idiocy.
    I have an answer to that ... its called ratings, and ratings = $$$$$$$$$$$$ im old enough to remember when the news was just about the facts. Yes sometimes it was boring, but it was REAL. The only way this stuff is ever going to change is if the news is not run by the rating scale anymore, and they figure out a way to make news about news and not about who gets rich! $$$$ is going to kill this world! it has corrupted everything!!!!
    Last edited by norwegn113; 08-06-2013 at 01:02 PM.

Thanks
    I agree this sounds like total bs and some kind of cover up. I bet if they look closely there a lot more information and issues that leading up to this event. I wait until the reports are out .
    Was married to 4theSNAKElady (still wish we were)
    Ball pythons
    0.1 pieds 0.1 het pied

4.2 sugar gliders ( non breeding pets)

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eatgoodfood View Post
    Bolded my thoughts... pretty much. People can't think for themselves, and scarier yet, do not WANT to think for themselves. It is far easier to have someone else spoon feed you propaganda...
    Why keep a snake? Why keep any animal? Because you enjoy the animal, find something beautiful and fascinating about it, and it fits seamlessly into your lifestyle.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sorraia For This Useful Post:

eatgoodfood (08-06-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,859 Times in 4,779 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Inarikins View Post
    Notice the line under the photo? "A snake similar to an African python". I guess they're technically not wrong as a BP is a python from Africa...

But how do you mistake this

for this

Easily, neither picture has anything in it to give the viewer an idea of the snake's overall size. Putting the two snakes side by side in the same picture would tell a very different story, but that's not sensational and it doesn't sell.

Sadly, to most people a snake is a snake is a snake, and they don't have a clue with the differences between the boids, colubrids, and venomous species, never mind the difference between a rock python and a ball python.

BPnet Senior Member Bluebonnet Herp's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Huffington Post
    A snake expert said it was possible that the python was spooked and simply clung to whatever it landed on.
    That sounds, unfortunately, believable. That would explain why it didn't try to eat the kids, and could explain a lack of bite marks.
    The odds of the news media explaining this as a bizarre incident, such as a person being hit on the head by a meteor, though, is unlikely.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 1,596 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Inarikins View Post
    Notice the line under the photo? "A snake similar to an African python". I guess they're technically not wrong as a BP is a python from Africa...

But how do you mistake this

for this

(Also, in case you're curious, that BP pic comes from a blog titled 'Dangerous Snakes' )

Apparently, all snakes are the same now, and 'journalists' can't even be bothered to google properly. Even if you type in 'African Python' you get pics of Rock Pythons, though I don't really know if that's being caused by the poopstorm around this story or not.

That's completely ridiculous, it's like putting a picture of a Pomeranian in a story about a dog attack. The news media is made up of uneducated fools, that's the only logical explanation for their constantly 'getting it wrong'

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts

News: 2 die in Boa Attack

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    That's completely ridiculous, it's like putting a picture of a Pomeranian in a story about a dog attack. The news media is made up of uneducated fools, that's the only logical explanation for their constantly 'getting it wrong'
    I'm assuming you mean like a big dog attacking a person

If a pomeranian attacked me wouldn't it be accurate to put a picture of one in the story?
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 1,596 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mike41793 View Post
    I'm assuming you mean like a big dog attacking a person

If a pomeranian attacked me wouldn't it be accurate to put a picture of one in the story?
    Do you know anyone that would run a story about a Pomeranian attack?

I originally wrote pitbull attack, but I didn't want to unfairly single out any specific breed.
    Last edited by MarkS; 08-06-2013 at 01:58 PM.

Thanks
    first off i want to say that my heart goes out this family and i will be keeping them in my thoughts.

ok...second of all i agree with what all you guys are saying in that the news reporters are doing a lousy job giving all the details on this incident, which is leading people to believe all these wild accusations and basically doing a job of crippling the herp society ....anyway i live a couple hours away from where all of this has happened, and i am to the point where i want to beat people away with a stick because they keep asking me all these questions like "why would you keep such an animal?", "aren't you scared that it might strangle you?", "why would this snake strangle the kids?","can they really get that big?"....etc.. the usually questions but with only more intensity. then the majority of these people have the audacity to tell me that i am wrong and they believe/fallow all the things they are saying on the news like a herd of sheep (i am utterly disappointed). i just wish the news was still about the facts and not about the ratings. but anyway i will keep holding on and continue to educate as many of these people as i can for the greater good of our herp society.

(sorry for the poor writing, i had to type this up fast as im at work)
    Last edited by Jay2322; 08-06-2013 at 02:14 PM. Reason: removed inappropriate language

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jay2322 For This Useful Post:

Bluebonnet Herp (08-06-2013),DPBallPythons (08-07-2013),eatgoodfood (08-06-2013)

Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast