Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,473

3 members and 1,470 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,529
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

News: 2 die in Boa Attack

Thats good.

0.1 Albino
    0.2 Classic
    0.1 Het. Red Axanthic
    0.1 Mojave h. Ghost
    0.1 Pastel
    0.1 Spider h. Ghost
    1.0 Black Pastel
    1.0 Blue Eye Leucistic h. Ghost
    1.0 Lesser
    1.0 Pastel h. Ghost

0.1 Morelia bredli
    0.0.1 Varanus acanthurus (Silly)
    0.1 Brachypelma auratum
    0.1 Scottisch Fold (Tipsy)
    0.1 Abyssinian (Prim)

http://www.facebook.com/AAExoten

Thanks
    Thanked 2,864 Times in 1,497 Posts

Re: News: 2 die in Boa Attack

Well they just reported it on Good Morning America which is nothing more than a long format, glorified Entertainment Tonight as far as journalism is concerned. They reported it was a rock python but then showed pictures of a boa, blood python, and linked it to the video of the albino burmese found in the Florida shed. Talk about piling on with an agenda. Damage done, mission accomplished.

The deaths are a tragedy. But I wonder if we will hear the true results of the autopsy unless it is murder? Then that is more sensational than a snake attack so they will have to run with it.
    Last edited by rlditmars; 08-06-2013 at 07:22 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rlditmars View Post
    Well they just reported it on Good Morning America which is nothing more than a long format, glorified Entertainment Tonight as far as journalism is concerned. They reported it was a rock python but then showed pictures of a boa, blood python, and linked it to the video of the albino burmese found in the Florida shed. Talk about piling on with an agenda. Damage done, mission accomplished.

The deaths are a tragedy. But I wonder if we will hear the true results of the autopsy unless it is murder? Then that is more sensational than a snake attack so they will have to run with it.
    x2. The story was also broadcast on my morning XM station today, complete with criticism toward anyone who "keeps an animal in a cage" (oh, except for zoos, of course). I attempted to call in before they even discussed it, but my comments weren't acknowledged on-air. Not surprised, just saddened.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks

rock python kills 2 children

I was wondering what everyone thought about the news of a python killing two children
    Here's the link if u havnt seen it yet

- - - Updated - - -

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2619837

Thanks
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,206 Posts
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks

This is horrible news for the reptile industry. If you go on CNN.com, there is a post from a female reporter and she states that she is confused by this whole mess and does not believe that a python would strangle two boys and not try to eat one of them. She said the whole story makes no sense. So hopefully the mass of people reading the article will agree with her because it does NOT make any sense. I personally believe it is a covered up murder.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to David1991 For This Useful Post:

Bluebonnet Herp (08-06-2013)

Thanks
    we really need to ask for, and wait, and watch out for, two crucially important pieces of information.

- AUTOPSY REPORTS. Bite marks consistent with the snake on both, yes or no? Cause of death consistent with strangulation or heart failure due to blood stream disruption? Or something else?

- CHARGES BEING FILED. The people that know most are the police officers investigating this right now. Investigations are secret, but as soon as charges are filed with prosecutors / state attorneys, it goes public. Will there be murder charges, or will there be charges consistent with a snake owner allowing a snake to escape, causing a freak accident?

pieces of data i picked up from CNN: Royal canadian mounted police has forensics experts and major crime experts working on this case, and autopsy of both boys will be performed today, august 6, 2013. Also the police is in possession of the snake, which is still alive.

So far the assertion that the snake did it is only based on what officers first believed when arriving at the scene. There is a complete investigation going on, but it seems like nothing leaked or got publicised about any results of that large scale investigation.

The media is still cautious because everything is based on heresay originating from the initial police response.
    Last edited by Pythonfriend; 08-06-2013 at 09:39 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts

If the snake fell through the ceiling how did the kids not wake up screaming? Even if it grabbed both kids and they were being strangled they didnt scream at all? My sister has given everyone a heart attack waking me up in the middle of the nite for the stupidest crap. If she can wake everyone up screaming because she can't find her stuffed animal Buttons, i think she'd be just fine waking us up over the killer snake. Shes 5, same age as the boys.

I think this is a cover up for a double homicide as robin said. He had the perfect scape goat, use the snake that lived right down stairs. They REALLY better investigate this thoroughly and not just automatically write it off. They need to check the whole ventilation system bc if the dust isn't disturbed all the way through it then that kills that theory of how the snake got there. Also, the snake didn't eat them, just killed both? That's not how a snake works. It would wrapped one and killed him and eat him, then gone for the second. I just don't believe any of it.
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike41793 For This Useful Post:

Pythonfriend (08-06-2013)

Ohio but looking to relocate grrrr new laws!
    Thanks

good grief I live in a tiny town and its in the morning paper here! I call bs on the whole thing!
    Come see what's new with us at https://www.facebook.com/BFEPetsandSupply

Happy Herping!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 1,596 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by H.o.F.R View Post
    good grief I live in a tiny town and its in the morning paper here! I call bs on the whole thing!
    Maybe write a commentary to that newpaper explaining why you think it's a bunch of baloney?

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MarkS For This Useful Post:

gsarchie (08-07-2013),Mephibosheth1 (08-06-2013),Quiet Tempest (08-07-2013)

Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast