Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,209

2 members and 2,207 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

sick ball, urgent help!!!.

i have a new ball in quarantine that is deep breathing and show some saliva at the mouth corners and some time on the nose. i inspected the inside of her mouth but nothing except a little saliva.
    I m in a country where keeping snakes is illegal and there is no vet, i can buy medecine on internet and give it to her myself. i already give some tape worms medecine to one of my WC ball. if she needs injection i need to know where to inject. i heard about baitryl.... Is that useful for what appear to be a kind of bacterial flu?

any input is welcome, if someone is seeing a reptile vet soon i hope he can ask for my girl problem and get the appropriate treatment.

thanks.
    1.0 superstripe, killerbee, OD spider fire, black pastel YB, black specter, pastel dinker, spider dinker, banana, banana cinnamon, enchi fire OD, fire dream bee het. russo, pastel superstripe, 2.0 firefly dream YB.

0.2 superpastel yb, 0.2 enchi, 0.1 yellowbelly 0.2 cinnamon, 0.2 normal, 0.1 black widow, black pewter, fire, lemon pastel, pastel, black pastel, bumblebee, spider granite, het. russo, super pastel, pastel specter, specter,lesser pin, OD, fire OD, OD fire het. russo, OD pastel, firefly dream YB, fire bee het. russo, lemon pastel enchi, citrus super enchi, super pastel enchi, pastel ivory, bumblebee dinker

BPnet Veteran Jonas@Balls2TheWall's Avatar
    Thanks
    Sounds like a respiratory infection. Baytril is a popular way of treating it. You must act fast and be careful not to cross contaminate.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    my girl is 1580 gr , how much should i give her ? which concentration?
    1.0 superstripe, killerbee, OD spider fire, black pastel YB, black specter, pastel dinker, spider dinker, banana, banana cinnamon, enchi fire OD, fire dream bee het. russo, pastel superstripe, 2.0 firefly dream YB.

0.2 superpastel yb, 0.2 enchi, 0.1 yellowbelly 0.2 cinnamon, 0.2 normal, 0.1 black widow, black pewter, fire, lemon pastel, pastel, black pastel, bumblebee, spider granite, het. russo, super pastel, pastel specter, specter,lesser pin, OD, fire OD, OD fire het. russo, OD pastel, firefly dream YB, fire bee het. russo, lemon pastel enchi, citrus super enchi, super pastel enchi, pastel ivory, bumblebee dinker

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Re: sick ball, urgent help!!!.

Can't the Chinese vets get the info from google or are they just at the stage of refusing to treat the animal?

It does sound like an RI but it's really hard to be even remotely certain without seeing the animal in question.
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas@Balls2TheWall View Post
    "The requested resource could not be found."
    0.1.0 Pastel Ball Python 'Marcelene'
    1.0.0 Hypo Brooks Kingsnake, 'Limonchello'
    0.0.1 Western Ratsnake 'Sticker'

?.?.? Dubia Colony.
    ?.?.? Madagascar Hissing Colony
    2.0.0 Ferrets 'Ferris' & 'Steven'
    3 gallon planted tank
    1.0.0 Avicularia Avicularia 'Peter'
    0.0.1 Brachypelma vagans 'Little Dude'
    0.0.1 Pterinochilus murinus 'Mr.Bitey'

0.1.0 Catahoula Pitbull Mix ' Imogen'

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    first, their is no true vet in chinese small cities, second i won t trust them since it s illegal to keep snakes and they may call the police for few yuans instead of helping. For me it is a RI but i still need the concentration to inject. i found baytril from bayer at 5%. how much should i inject every 48 hours?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

its not that simple - it depends on the weight of your snake.

The next problem is it is illegal for me to tell you the dosage as I am not a vet.

Ralph Davis did a youtube video that might help you.
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    thank you derek,

but it s about a my girl life so if you know the concentration , shoot me a message, i gonna inject her as soon as i receive the baytril. It seems that you know more than any vet around here so i really need that information to save her