Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,881

0 members and 2,881 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 920 Posts

Re: Dreams of breeding ball pythons? Kiss them goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by BTennant View Post
    We cant stop anything if they want it banned guess what...it's going to happen. Can you voice your opinion on it? Sure you can, is it going to help probably not but voices still should be heard. I'm not going to un mellow cause I'm going to keep my snakes and do what I want regardless. Theres worse things happening in the USA like child starvation and how we donate money to starving children in other countries and dont feed our own.

I was just trying to point the mellow thing out to you because you made 2 posts on the same thing.
    The reptile industry is a billion dollar industry a year, boas and BPs won't make it on that list and pass. Giants need to stay on that list though, this is what caused all this mess in the first place for everyone. Irresponsible people letting them go when they get to big is what caused this problem not a down to earth mellow attitude. Then again I don't think the responsible giant owners should be punished.
    Well, everyone go home this guy's confident it won't happen. Good game, thanks for playing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kodieh For This Useful Post:

Bluebonnet Herp (07-25-2013),Mike41793 (07-25-2013),TheSnakeGeek (07-25-2013)

Thanks

Dreams of breeding ball pythons? Kiss them goodbye.

Just to specify the "giants" that are in the Lacy Act are there for everyone, not just bad owners. The reason they are on the list is because most people weren't concerned since it didn't effect what they kept. Not enough people talked about it, not enough people stood up and said no. If you think it won't happen to the less threatening species you have got to be kidding me. They have to start somewhere. There are bad ball python owners out there. If this passes they do not need a reason to put a species on the list.
    Facebook - Stare Worthy Serpents
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stare...76771925806600

Instragram - StareWorthySerpent

4. The Following User Says Thank You to M&H For This Useful Post:

bcr229 (07-25-2013)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Done and you need to mellow out bro. Ain't know one going to stop the BPs and Boas they want the giants gone which I don't blame them. Bulldogs?? really? Dalmatians any one?

The government actually needs to settle down while Im at it and just make it so you need a permit to own and care for a giant snake. To get the permit you have to go thru a screening just like how you buy a handgun. Both sides happy no more giants destroying the system down south after we wipe them all out.
    We cant stop anything if they want it banned guess what...it's going to happen. Can you voice your opinion on it? Sure you can, is it going to help probably not but voices still should be heard. I'm not going to un mellow cause I'm going to keep my snakes and do what I want regardless. Theres worse things happening in the USA like child starvation and how we donate money to starving children in other countries and dont feed our own.

I was just trying to point the mellow thing out to you because you made 2 posts on the same thing.
    The reptile industry is a billion dollar industry a year, boas and BPs won't make it on that list and pass. Giants need to stay on that list though, this is what caused all this mess in the first place for everyone. Irresponsible people letting them go when they get to big is what caused this problem not a down to earth mellow attitude. Then again I don't think the responsible giant owners should be punished.
    Wow, I hate to say this but sometimes ignorance is a bliss maybe you need to educate yourself on the subject and the adversary we are dealing with here.

Do you remember HR669? I do along with other bills and amendments since then? I do because along with other herpers I did my best to fight those bills and guess what? HR669 and others were defeated, not defeated because people sat back waited for those to go away but because people voiced their opinion.

You think your precious BP will never make it on any list, think about it again, HR669 was about making it illegal to own any exotic animal, yep you read that right, your BP, Hamster, Gold Fish, Parakeet, Sulcata etc, every single one of them would have been affected by that bill.

Now things have changed but it is not because the primary goal has changed it’s because USFW and people pushing those bills decided that the divide and conquer strategy was the best way to go about this, that banning all exotics all at once was impossible so instead they came up with other bills and amendments including the current one.

The easiest way to start was for them to target giant snakes "let’s put the big snakes on a list making them impossible to transport or sell across states, no one will care they're just big snakes" heck you are the perfect example of that from your post, exactly the type of reaction that they were hoping for to move to step two and then three and one day back to the original idea of banning all exotics.

This is the big picture waiting for you around the corner if you just sit back and let it happen so YOU need to wake up.
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 07-25-2013 at 03:42 PM.
    Deborah Stewart

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Badgemash (07-25-2013),bcr229 (07-25-2013),Bluebonnet Herp (07-25-2013),C&H Exotic Morphs (07-25-2013),eatgoodfood (07-25-2013),Jabberwocky Dragons (07-26-2013),Kodieh (07-25-2013),M&H (07-25-2013),OctagonGecko729 (07-25-2013),rabernet (07-26-2013),TheSnakeGeek (07-25-2013)

Thanks
    Nothing like an admin to light a fire.

Gonna send a hand written letter to my rep today too.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kodieh For This Useful Post:

rabernet (07-26-2013)

Thanks

Done!!

I can't believe this. "Freedom and justice for some" should be the new tagline of America.
    --------
    1.0 Husband
    0.1 Colombian BCI (Satin)

0.1 Spider BP (Loki), R.I.P... We will never forget you...

Thanks

Talking Re: Dreams of breeding ball pythons? Kiss them goodbye.

I love how you stated ignorance is a bliss yet who is being ignorant in the topic ranting and raving? Did I ever say that you shouldn't stand up for your self? I signed the form, maybe you should go back and read what my original post said. It was more to address the OP for making 2 posts on the same thing and getting bent out of shape. Maybe I could have worded it better, I mean it was late at night. Your entitled to your opinion and I am with my opinion of what I think the out come is going to be.

Now I do think ignorance is trying to bash some one in a rant about there opinion. I'm grown and I don't need a debate with forum warriors on the Internet. ( This isnt directed at you deborah) I'm going to stay out of this topic after this post since this is a one sided coin. Enjoy
    Last edited by Diamond Serpents; 07-25-2013 at 01:36 PM.
    -Brian-

Thanks

I love how you stated ignorance is a bliss yet who is being ignorant in the topic ranting and raving? Did I ever say that you shouldn't stand up for your self? I signed the form, maybe you should go back and read what my original post said. It was more to address the OP for making 2 posts on the same thing and getting bent out of shape. Maybe I could have worded it better, I mean it was late at night. Your entitled to your opinion and I am with my opinion of what I think the out come is going to be.

Now I do think ignorance is trying to bash some one in a rant about there opinion. I'm grown and I don't need a debate with forum warriors on the Internet. ( This isnt directed at you deborah) I'm going to stay out of this topic after this post since this is a one sided coin. Enjoy
    There's two sides, pro and anti. Either you support them banning our pets or you are against them banning our pets. There is only one course of action, reach out and be heard.

You said we shouldn't reach out and be heard, loudly, and that a simple prepared email is all that's needed. You're wrong and you're borderline pro ban.

So, I see your tune has changed. Again, nothing like a mod to light a fire.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I've been contacting everyone I can, and in any way that I can. Even recruited a few non herper friends to submit comments as well.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to FireStorm For This Useful Post:

Kodieh (07-25-2013)

Thanks
    And i thought we live in america.................
    0.0.1 Pastel
    0.1 ButterBee
    0.1 Pinstripe
    0.1 Normal

0.1 Leopard Gecko(R.I.P. Kujo)
    1.0 Red Tail Boa

15. The Following User Says Thank You to waddada For This Useful Post:

Bluebonnet Herp (07-25-2013)

Thanks

Done and you need to mellow out bro. Ain't know one going to stop the BPs and Boas they want the giants gone which I don't blame them. Bulldogs?? really? Dalmatians any one?

The government actually needs to settle down while Im at it and just make it so you need a permit to own and care for a giant snake. To get the permit you have to go thru a screening just like how you buy a handgun. Both sides happy no more giants destroying the system down south after we wipe them all out.
    And people wonder why we continue to get our butts handed to us over and over and over again....Its sad really this industry still has so much growing to do to be better prepared to put up a better defense for laws like this sadly we will never get anywhere with attitudes like this and they are becoming more and more common. Go ahead and let them take us (large constrictor keepers) and continue to have a false sense of security they will be coming for you soon enough.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast