Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,522

3 members and 3,519 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BPnet Senior Member Bluebonnet Herp's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think we need to alert the real news media about this- they may be interested on the impact if FWS banned popular pets like dogs, cats, or agriculturally signifigant animals.

Edit: By the way, I like the name of this thread; it's more attention grabbing.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet Herp; 07-25-2013 at 02:16 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 1,596 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Dreams of breeding ball pythons? Kiss them goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSnakeGeek View Post
    understandable. i thought someone might move it. i just figured it was still relevant to ball python breeding and that forum generates a lot more traffic, and being that we only have to the end of the month to speak up on the issue, the more traffic the better.
    Quite understandable, but actually I believe that just as many people READ this forum but not as many POST in it so this will stay on the front page longer and so will potentially reach more people.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MarkS For This Useful Post:

TheSnakeGeek (07-25-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheSnakeGeek View Post
    that's why the boa constrictor is on the same list as the retics right now being proposed to add to the Lacey Act. perhaps you should un-mellow out, bro. then things might get done.

the mellowed out attitude is what got us here in the first place.
    We cant stop anything if they want it banned guess what...it's going to happen. Can you voice your opinion on it? Sure you can, is it going to help probably not but voices still should be heard. I'm not going to un mellow cause I'm going to keep my snakes and do what I want regardless. Theres worse things happening in the USA like child starvation and how we donate money to starving children in other countries and dont feed our own.

I was just trying to point the mellow thing out to you because you made 2 posts on the same thing.
    The reptile industry is a billion dollar industry a year, boas and BPs won't make it on that list and pass. Giants need to stay on that list though, this is what caused all this mess in the first place for everyone. Irresponsible people letting them go when they get to big is what caused this problem not a down to earth mellow attitude. Then again I don't think the responsible giant owners should be punished.
    -Brian-

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BTennant View Post
    We cant stop anything if they want it banned guess what...it's going to happen. Can you voice your opinion on it? Sure you can, is it going to help probably not but voices still should be heard. I'm not going to un mellow cause I'm going to keep my snakes and do what I want regardless. Theres worse things happening in the USA like child starvation and how we donate money to starving children in other countries and dont feed our own.

I was just trying to point the mellow thing out to you because you made 2 posts on the same thing.
    The reptile industry is a billion dollar industry a year, boas and BPs won't make it on that list and pass. Giants need to stay on that list though, this is what caused all this mess in the first place for everyone. Irresponsible people letting them go when they get to big is what caused this problem not a down to earth mellow attitude. Then again I don't think the responsible giant owners should be punished.
    You can't possibly think because it's such a big industry it won't get banned/restricted? You give them an inch and they'll take a foot. I can guarantee the people signing these bills aren't going to do their snake research. The word "python" makes people think giant restricting potential man killer snake. When people ask what snake I have and I say ball python. They're like "oh a big one. Be careful!" and then I get told that stupid myth about a pet python sizing up it's owner to eat it. To think they won't ban ball pythons or boas because they make a group of people money is taking a big gamble. There are a lot of pitt breeders and show-ers. Didn't stop the breed bans. There are over 100 bully breeds and they all get labeled pitt bull by the unknowing public. There have been attacks/accidents involving a bully breed that is NOT a pitt bull and the pit bulls take the blame and bad publicity. The uneducated aren't going to know the difference between a ball python and a retic. You can't expect them to not venture into banning all constricting snakes just because they make people money. The thing here is we are fighting against ignorance.
    Alluring Constrictors

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Marrissa For This Useful Post:

Badgemash (07-25-2013),BlueMoonExotics (07-25-2013),jbean7916 (07-25-2013),satomi325 (07-25-2013),TheSnakeGeek (07-25-2013),Wes (07-25-2013)

Thanks
    Emails sent.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Done - and INCLUDED printing my letter to physically mail.

Folks - please don't neglect this important step as well. Nothing makes quite an impact as tangible, physical letters, especially in mass!

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rabernet For This Useful Post:

Bluebonnet Herp (07-25-2013),C&H Exotic Morphs (07-25-2013),Kodieh (07-25-2013),MarkS (07-25-2013),Mike41793 (07-25-2013),Stewart_Reptiles (07-25-2013),TheSnakeGeek (07-25-2013)

Thanks

Dreams of breeding ball pythons? Kiss them goodbye.

Done. More ridiculous laws that most likely will pass.

As a gun owner, in California, trust me I know!

0.1.0 Normal Ball Python
    0.1.0 Columbian B.C.I. 2013
    1.0.0 EBV Red Group Pastel Hypo Jungle B.C.I. 2013
    Ball pythons:
    -0.1 Normal (Lilith)
    -1.0 Dark Normal
    -0.1 Light Normal
    -0.1 Pastel
    -1.0 Lesser

Retics:
    -0.1 Platinum
    -1.1 Fire Tiger Het Albino
    -1.0 Purple Sunfire
    -1.0 Tiger
    -0.1 Lavender Tiger
    -1.0 Motley Het Purple

Boas:
    -0.1 Hypo BCI
    -1.0 Hypo BCI (Hades)
    -1.0 EBV Red Group Hypo Pastel BCI (Ares)
    -0.1 Normal BCI (Isis)
    -0.1 Anery BCI (Medusa)
    -0.1 Normal BCI (Hera)
    -0.1 Normal BCI (Athena)

Blood Pythons:
    -1.1 VPI Super Stripe Mead Line Borneo Ultra Breit

Epicrates Striatus Striatus
    -1.1 Dominican Red Mountain Boa

Burmese Pythons:
    -1.1 Albino Burmese

Anacondas:
    -0.2 Yellow Anaconda
    -1.0 Yellow Anaconda

Thanks
    Thanked 9,859 Times in 4,779 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BTennant View Post
    The reptile industry is a billion dollar industry a year, boas and BPs won't make it on that list and pass.
    1) A billion dollar industry is nothing when compared to the overall US economy. Also, reptile sales are typically run in the gray market, transactions are cash and carry in many cases, and very few hobbiests declare and pay taxes if they make a profit in a particular year. FedGov won't see a downside - as in, loss of revenue - to generating more regulations on it.
    2) I'm licensed as a firearm manufacturer, so I'm working in a $33 billion industry that generates just over $5 billion just in tax revenue for the federal and state governments per http://nssf.org/impact/. I spend several hours each week engaged in activities solely to cover my rear end and keep me out of federal prison, time that would be much better spent doing something productive like cleaning up after my BP's.
    Last edited by bcr229; 07-25-2013 at 10:34 AM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bcr229 For This Useful Post:

Badgemash (07-25-2013),Bluebonnet Herp (07-25-2013),TheSnakeGeek (07-25-2013)

Thanks
    Done, it seems that every year they continue to try and take our pets away. These are the only things the government is trying to take away either. I am getting sick of all my rights being violated.
    2.3 Ball Python (Thanatos(lesser cinnamon vanilla), Prince(banana vanilla dinker). Lucifer(normal), Snailtail(lesser cinnamon vanilla pastel), Nagini(normal))
    1.1 Red Tail Boa (Satin,Tiberius)
    0.1* Rottwieler (Lola)

Thanks
    Are should be aren't.
    2.3 Ball Python (Thanatos(lesser cinnamon vanilla), Prince(banana vanilla dinker). Lucifer(normal), Snailtail(lesser cinnamon vanilla pastel), Nagini(normal))
    1.1 Red Tail Boa (Satin,Tiberius)
    0.1* Rottwieler (Lola)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast