Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,339

0 members and 1,339 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Went to the petstore today and a friend of mine that works there had his new albino cornsnake hatchlings with him, over 30 of them. they were no bigger than your average fishing worm, and cute as a button. i think after today, my interest in corn snakes has re-risen . Just wanted to share my experience, it was definitely a fun one.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

Thanks
    Do i sense a new addition? I've always had good experiences with corn snakes, just never really had the desire to own one.
    - Carson
    Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    nah no new aditions for the time being. he's moving off to colorado tomorrow so the snakes will be sold there. not to mention it was his first breeding project, and he's a lot like me... so i doubt he'll be able to get rid of em all.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

Banned
    Thanks
    Corns sure are cute. I've had two, an okeetee and a snow. The snow died this time last year I think. I hadn't had it for 3 weeks. It first regurged, then died. I think the mouse had been kept on ceder or some crap like that.

Anyone, corns are a lot of fun to keep, uber hardy. I've never really gotten a rise out of keeping them tho, unlike keeping bp's. They're too wild during handling.

Wanna see a sexy corn morph tho? Check out some candy canes, mmmm.

Thanks
    Wild during handling?? That is not my experience! Our Corn is one of the easiest snakes I have ever handled! But to each his own I guess. Maybe I would think BPs too lazy.. I don´t know :wink:
    Snakes! Why aren´t there enough in Holland?
    1 Striped Keelback (Casey)
    1 High orange Cornsnake (Sonny)

Thanks

deciding is hard work

I love albino corn snakes! But they are not wild during handling and I'm almost absolutely sure of that.
    Soon-to-be Corn snake mummy! I'll keep ya updated...any name suggestions welcomed!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: deciding is hard work

Mine was EXTREMELY wild at first, but after just a few days it was unbelievably better and the more i have it out the calmer it gets. I dont think it had really been handled at all when i got it. Ive only had it a few weeks, but it isnt bad at all to handle now. It is active, but not wild. Compared to the pythons ive handled it is very active, but they just kinda lay there

Thanks

Re: deciding is hard work

Whoa dude! Last post that was before you was on 07-15-2004. Lol.

Corns can be wild, but that's why they are so special to me I can pretend to be Jeff Corwin trying to catch a hot!
    - The Member Formerly Known as Bpkid

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Talking Re: Baby corns rock...

I love the corn snakes .Tell me another species that has hundreds of differant morphs but will not cost you a arm and a leg in order to own them .Right now i have a yellow ghost male(het amel) ,a snow female,silver queen female,a 1.1 creamsickles.I am picking up a butter male and a het butter female.possibly a 1.2 of anery corns het Lava (make some ice ) and possibly some lavender corns.I will get all these for around $300 and some of that is for the shipping on a few .In the next 2 to 3yrs i will have some sweet babies for sale .
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Re: Baby corns rock...

OHhhhh baby! Keep me in mind for a lavender, Joe! Saaah-weeeeeet!

Or any creamsicles you want to get rid of......and a candy cane! A CC is what Robin REALLY wanted, but no one had any around here at the time....but Kishnah is weeeeell loved (and getting bigger every day!!! in her new home) and Flurry will be treasured too.

Corns are fast! and need some extra handling, but they're not wild...no wilder than any other baby who sees ppl as the biiiiig, badpredator that's going to eat 'em.

Sweety314
    Fantabulous Daughter, Robin 21 Snakes & counting...Rosie, LTR, corns, Kenyan SB, RTBs, balls of var. morphs/norms; purple albino retic 2 horses, 4 cats, rat mommies, rat daddies and rat babies (mmmm, food!), In Loving Memory: Peekaboo, Goober, Scabbers, Happy (thx 4 35 years), Stripe, Baby, Snoopy, Smudge, Stewie-- You will be missed! Steve Irwin 2/2/62 to 9/4/06

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast