Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,640

0 members and 2,640 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Thread: Baby Food

Banned
    Thanks
    Well, I finally bought some baby food. I haven't given it to them since I got them. My larger crestie loves crix, and the smaller one is obviously a baby food lover. Now I can supply both for their easy picking. I mixed in calicum and D3 for supplements. I took them out and while handling them I had a drop of the food on the end of the stick (little plastic thingy) I used to stir the baby food. I put it on their snouts and they started licking it off. Then they started licking off more drops directly from the stick. The little dude filled up on it, hehe. I've left some in their cages for tonight, but I think they're full.

Do you think I should switch their entire diet to fruits and baby food? I have supplements, and I've heard that they are among the few that can live well off fruits only.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    All my research says 'yes' they can be feed a diet of strictly fruit and/or baby food. I have heard a few people say that those not given crickets seem to grow slower, but are not necessarily any less healthy. Man, I can't wait to get a crestie.
    Ball Python, Bredl's Carpet Python, Kenyan Sand Boa, Saharan Sand Boa
    Mexican Black King, California King, Snow Corn, Okeetee Corn, Everglades Ratsnake
    Blue Tongued Skinks: Irian Jaya (2), Indonesian, Northern, Tanimbar, Eastern, Kei, Merauke
    Crested Gecko

Banned
    Thanks
    I wonder if this product is crap....

http://www.petco.com/product_info.as...cm_ite=1396822

Banned
    Thanks

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

UPDATED PICS OF MY PAIR OF BABY BCI's

Nope. Many people even breeders use it and swear by it. I've not heard one bad thing about it. Just add it to water and serve. It's a complete meal, no supplements needed. I personally plan to feed fruit baby food (I'm such a nerd, I went out and bought some yesterday and I don't even have the crestie let alone a setup ready) and fresh fruit. But I'm going to use the Crested Gecko Diet you're referring to as my supplement for each meal. Some meals I'm going to use the Gargoyle Gecko Diet because it has more protein for a growing crestie. I plan to feed crickets and silkworms about 1-2 times a week as well. But if I don't do the insects my crestie will still get healthy meals - let's just hope my crestie likes this plan!
    Ball Python, Bredl's Carpet Python, Kenyan Sand Boa, Saharan Sand Boa
    Mexican Black King, California King, Snow Corn, Okeetee Corn, Everglades Ratsnake
    Blue Tongued Skinks: Irian Jaya (2), Indonesian, Northern, Tanimbar, Eastern, Kei, Merauke
    Crested Gecko

Thanks
    No, it's good stuff. I use it and there are some breeders who feed it exclusively. All of mine eat it happily, including the one who had only been fed crickets prior to my getting her (Susan). From what I understand, adults can safely eat an all-fruit diet, but juveniles should not because they need protein, which fruit doesn't provide at all. It doesn't have to come from crickets, though, if they will eat the CGD or GGD or worms/larvae. None of mine will accept meal worms as food, though.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!