Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,860

1 members and 2,859 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks
    Yeeha! My new bci arrived at noon sharp and is alive! Took one pic and had to put the camara down cause I can't stop watching him. He's in his new home now checking every cranny..........how busy they are! So inquisitive! Nothing but good to say about Alex Hue, I would buy from him again no problem.
    Here's a pic, sorry it's a lousy one, but I was too excited! Didn't even occur to me to put something down for size ref. He's about sixteen to eighteen inches long.....

Thanks
    Awesome little BCI you have there!
    Look, sometimes bad things happen, and there is nothing you can do about it, so why worry?
    Simba, The Lion King

Thanks
    what a cutie,
    Congrats, I know he will love his new home
    Rusty
    CT Reptile Rescue
    Rescue, Rehabilitation & Education
    For all Reptiles & Amphibians
    CTReptileRescue@Comcast.net
    (website coming soon)

Please help support:
    http://www.kidney.org/
    http://www.americanheart.org/
    http://www.liverfoundation.org/

Thanks
    YAY .. new boa! Good luck with him. He's a real looker!
    - Carson
    Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Beautiful! I'm envious!
    -- Judy

Thanks

Housing for an Amazon Tree Boa

I was thinking of buying my Boa from Alex Hue.
    I plan on getting one when we get back from vacation in Aug.

Sweet looking BCI
    Congrats!
    ~ Johanna ~ aka Jody

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be measured by the way it's animals are treated"
    ~ Mahatma Gandhi~

Thanks
    CONGRATS!!!

Thanks
    Thanks, guys! Man what a great snake! Around midnight or so I noticed he was still cruising and flicking alot so I thought perhaps he was hungry. Wasn't showing any signs of skittishness so I figured what the heck and thawed out a pinkie rat from my freezer stockpile. Sure enough, I put him in the feed box (cypress substrate, so no feeding in his tank) and had just barely gotten the pinkie in front of him and WHAM! Nice immediate hit and down the hatch it went. Was a little leary about trying to feed so soon, but it went really well.
    I notice that he doesn't like to hide much...........he'll curl up next to them, but not inside. This morning I checked on him and he's doin great, curled up in the corner next to a hide. He raised his head, checked me out and settled back down. I've decided to name him Floyd..........it just seems to fit him.
    On another note, I picked up a couple digital thermometers from walmart. The kind that will read two zones at once (wire probe over uth) and also read humidity. Gotta tell you guys, my non digital, needle pointing hygrometers were WAY OFF! I've read posts on this and what you hear is 100% true. I had even purchased two needle types some time back to see if they would give different readings and they both read the same but they are both reading about 20 to 25 lower than actuality compared to the digital. So if anyone's using dial type hygrometers, go blow the 15 bucks and see what you're humidity levels really are. I was very surprised to say the least.
    I plan on getting one when we get back from vacation in Aug.
    Like Will told me some time ago......you won't be dissappointed! Wonderfull animals! 8)

Thanks
    Congrats on the successful feeding. BCI's have wonderful feeding responses.

Quote Originally Posted by steelsack
    On another note, I picked up a couple digital thermometers from walmart. The kind that will read two zones at once (wire probe over uth) and also read humidity. Gotta tell you guys, my non digital, needle pointing hygrometers were WAY OFF! I've read posts on this and what you hear is 100% true. I had even purchased two needle types some time back to see if they would give different readings and they both read the same but they are both reading about 20 to 25 lower than actuality compared to the digital. So if anyone's using dial type hygrometers, go blow the 15 bucks and see what you're humidity levels really are. I was very surprised to say the least.
    I was really suprised when i switched over to the digital ones as well. I always wondered why my guys wouldnt go to the warm side. Turned out i was almost cooking them it was so hot over there :shock:
    - Carson
    Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya.

Thanks

I have the WalMart digital everyone here uses and I also put the dial type Hygrometers on each end and one is off about 5% and the other about 4%. The digital is by far the best and most accurate.
    But as for the dial temp gauges they are always WAY off to the point it's scarey.
    So please no one ever just use these, it's not safe.
    ~ Johanna ~ aka Jody

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be measured by the way it's animals are treated"
    ~ Mahatma Gandhi~