Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,290

3 members and 3,287 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Okay,okay...you guys have won me over

:? Well....
    Yes indeed...my female Creamsicle cornsnake seems to like to poop on me. Now, she is a healthy girl and seems to tolerate handling real well but the last couple of times she has let rip while I was holding her...I am wondering, am I stressing her somehow? is this what they refer to as being musked ? am I just the lucky winner or is it a matter of coincidence that she has nailed me twice? It seems to me that the Colubrid family of snakes are a bit higher strung than the boids...I mean I am not mad at her or nothing but I am concerned that I may be doing something to stimulate her to evacuate her cloaca...it is solid feces and liquid urates when she does this....any comments on this ??? :roll:

EyeLashViper

Thanks
    If you have ever been musked you would not need to ask... Amazon Tree Boa or Black Racer in the wild.... they all smell pretty much the same and it is NASTY!

Colubrids do have a faster metabolism and tend to be "higher strung". One thing that may be happening is that your handling is just helping things move a long a little bit.
    Look, sometimes bad things happen, and there is nothing you can do about it, so why worry?
    Simba, The Lion King

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Do garter snakes musk? Because I was holding one once and after word my hands smelled to high heaven!
    Ball Pythons: Link
    If you have any advice for a new keeper pm me.

Thanks
    Yep they sure do.
    Look, sometimes bad things happen, and there is nothing you can do about it, so why worry?
    Simba, The Lion King

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    sadly i cannot count the times i've been pooped on by various kings/corns/milks, and pythons. and i was once peed on by a boa also.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    My BP pooped on me twice. Since then I don'thandle him until after he poos his last meal (he's pretty regular and goes aobut 3 days after a meal).

My Cal King musks me all the time - I used to think she was peeing until someone set me straight. I've discovered a new way to handle her so that she hasn't done it to me recently.

My Mex Black King musks on everyone who has handled him except me -
    Ball Python, Bredl's Carpet Python, Kenyan Sand Boa, Saharan Sand Boa
    Mexican Black King, California King, Snow Corn, Okeetee Corn, Everglades Ratsnake
    Blue Tongued Skinks: Irian Jaya (2), Indonesian, Northern, Tanimbar, Eastern, Kei, Merauke
    Crested Gecko

Thanks
    Fun ones are Amazon Tree Boas..... you have to watch out for both ends. One is sharp and draws blood the other smears nasty smelly stuff all over.
    Simba, The Lion King

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Mmm... I have been musked by garters many times... it's a sticky, milky white substance that smells like rotten feet.
    ~40 Ball Pythons (mostly Freeway/Asphalt, Bongo, GHI, and Leopard combos)
    3.8.3 Green Tree Pythons (mostly TM/TW blueline, a few Highland/Wamena)
    1.2 Children's Pythons
    1.2 Cay Caulker Boas
    1.2 Black Fuli House Snakes
    1.0.4 Amazon Tree Boas (1x tiger, 3x halloween garden, 1x garden)

Thanks
    my ball didn't pee on me, but all over my bed. He had been constipated for about three weeks. I was laying next to him, talking on the phone and stroking his sides when he launched urine a good foot and a half across my sheets and pillow. "DAMMIT!" Shortly thereafter, I am not making this up, he farted in his cage and I came in to find a deuce bigger than the ones in my cat's litter box.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    We were moving a wood pile last weekend and found two baby Southern Ringneck Snakes. Even though they were teeny, the longer one pee'd all over Mark's hand. However, it turned out it wasn't pee, he got musked....and it still stunk even though it came from a small one. I think that maybe when snakes defecate they may let a little musk out as well...maybe not, just smells kinda like that.
    Shortly thereafter, I am not making this up, he farted in his cage and I came in to find a deuce bigger than the ones in my cat's litter box.
    that's too funny!!
    ~Caren~
    "Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." Confucius
    1.0 Other Half - Mark, 0.1 Child - Samantha
    1.0.2 BP:Smitty,Sophie,Unamed One, 1.1 Cali King:Serpico,Simone
    1.2 Canines, 0.2 Felines
    1.1 RES Turtles - Thomas & Thomasina

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast