Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,883

1 members and 2,882 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    8) Okay all you snake nuts... :wink:

I figure that I will tell you about my whole feeding procedure when it is time to feed the crew...my Ball Pythons and Boas...First of all I have to issue this disclaimer that I am probably a little nuts myself after all I have been thru the last few years...( ugly horrid divorce and what have you...) so my feeding protocol might strike you as a little ....odd... :roll:

Anyways, I will admit that I am still feeding live prey ( havent quite been able to convince the crew to take F/T yet... ) and what I do is a shut my bedroom door and close the drapes and set up the feed boxes and out come the big boys and girls...my pythons and Boas...now I crank up something like Metallica...( just this weekend it was "Masters and Puppets") and I approach the rodent tank and I select a nice fat and juicy mouse or juvie rat....I then bless the rodent that it may nourish my snakes( figured I might as well throw in a little religion ...why not??? ) and then I toss it to its doom. My snakes are all VORACIOUS feeders and they always put on a good show. My BPs hit the mice like mack trucks. All of this is going on to the accompaniment of Lars Ulrich screaming about being in an asylum if you can picture it. And I must admit that I never fail to squeal with delight and jump outa my skin when my pythons and boas hit the prey. I then do some light work on their enclosures as I wait for them to swallow the prey item and then I praise my snakes and put them back in the enclosure and tell them to "go to sleep now babies..grow bigger for daddy"

:? :wink:
    Heehee

EyeLashViper

Thanks
    LMAO!! I can only imagine what it looks like when you jump and squeal with delight

Quote Originally Posted by EyeLashViper
    8) Okay all you snake nuts... :wink:

All of this is going on to the accompaniment of Lars Ulrich screaming about being in an asylum if you can picture it. And I must admit that I never fail to squeal with delight and jump outa my skin when my pythons and boas hit the prey. EyeLashViper

Thanks

Re: Feeding time and rocking out....!!!!!!!

...now I crank up something like Metallica...( just this weekend it was "Masters and Puppets")
    ....I then bless the rodent that it may nourish my snakes( figured I might as well throw in a little religion ...why not??? )
    All of this is going on to the accompaniment of Lars Ulrich screaming about being in an asylum if you can picture it.
    ...."go to sleep now babies..grow bigger for daddy"

Kinda twisted man , but its alway nice to hear you get alot of enjoyment out of your collection . I would definitely try to get everyone over to at least pre-killed if not f/t tho. Definitely safer for the animals.
    - Carson
    Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Feeding time and rocking out....!!!!!!!

:shock: Well...ok....cool!
    Ball Pythons: Link
    If you have any advice for a new keeper pm me.

Thanks
    And yet another person that is in it for the wrong reason... if you value your herps get them changed over to F/T.
    If you are feeding live it is not a question of if, but when is one of your animals going to get injured from the items that YOU are feeding it!
    Look, sometimes bad things happen, and there is nothing you can do about it, so why worry?
    Simba, The Lion King

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Well, yes - I DO know that I must get them over to F/T eventually but I will be the first to admit that I LOVE watching rodents getting hit like bulldozers and I relish the squeak of the mice - this is what goes on in the real world out there in the jungle...it is utterly fascinating to watch the python or boa detect the presence of the prey and zero in on it and then the lightning flash quick strike and constriction...it never fails to make me jump outa my skin it happens so fast. I DO enjoy it immensely....

EyeLashViper