Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,877

2 members and 2,875 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

IHS- New Orleans, July 31- Aug 3

Well just booked my flight and hotel for this amazing symposium!! If anyone else is going message me and we can meet up and explore the city and do some field herping!
    -Guy

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: IHS- New Orleans, July 31- Aug 3

Quote Originally Posted by gardenfiend138 View Post
    Well just booked my flight and hotel for this amazing symposium!! If anyone else is going message me and we can meet up and explore the city and do some field herping!
    -Guy
    I was thinking about possibly going though I have no idea what it's going to entail. I'll be getting back home August 2nd, and not sure if I'll be tired from my trip in order to attend.
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)

Thanks

It's is my first time going to anything this big, but it's basically going to be 3 days full of talks on various aspects of herpetoculture. There are going to be a lot of big names there (they have them listed on their web page), and I figure it will be a good chance for networking and meeting like minded people. I'm considering a career switch in the next decade to biomed for venom research and think it would be a great chance to meet some cool people! Oh, and did I mention that it's right on the corner of Bourbon St?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

It's is my first time going to anything this big, but it's basically going to be 3 days full of talks on various aspects of herpetoculture. There are going to be a lot of big names there (they have them listed on their web page), and I figure it will be a good chance for networking and meeting like minded people. I'm considering a career switch in the next decade to biomed for venom research and think it would be a great chance to meet some cool people! Oh, and did I mention that it's right on the corner of Bourbon St?
    I live near New Orleans and have lived within 20 minutes of it in the past. So I've been there many times and I can tell you it's not what it's made out to be. Yes places stay open and people drink and party a lot, but you have a lot of stuff that goes on there during the cover of darkness. Keep your hand on your wallet at all times.
    -Venomous-

Thanks

Thanks for the heads up! I pretty much assumed it would be like that. I'm glad I sprung the extra $10/night for the hotel that is hosting the IHS so I don't have to wander the streets late night. I'm not expecting anything much aside from good bourbon and hopefully some local craft beers...oh and 3 days full of talks on herps!
    If you do end up swinging by, they do offer day passes for the lectures, you should get in contact with me and we can chat snakes, and maybe you could show me some good herping spots in the area...I'll be there an extra day so hopefully I'll be able to go out and get some herping in!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the heads up! I pretty much assumed it would be like that. I'm glad I sprung the extra $10/night for the hotel that is hosting the IHS so I don't have to wander the streets late night. I'm not expecting anything much aside from good bourbon and hopefully some local craft beers...oh and 3 days full of talks on herps!
    If you do end up swinging by, they do offer day passes for the lectures, you should get in contact with me and we can chat snakes, and maybe you could show me some good herping spots in the area...I'll be there an extra day so hopefully I'll be able to go out and get some herping in!
    Definitely. I get back in town August 2nd sometime around 5pm from my extended vacation, I'll send you my cell # in PM.
    -Venomous-