Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,605

0 members and 3,605 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

USDI stands for...?

A friend of mine works with a lady who rescued a BP a year ago from a person who couldn't afford to take him to the vet for a respitory infection.
    Now the lady hasn't got enough time for him and has been looking for a good home and someone who would take care of him. Evidently the vet said this snake is very fertile and would make a great breeder male. I am not planning on breeding but it is good to know he is very healthy now.
    He comes with a nice terrarium and he and his cage are free.

She said he is about 2 feet and not very girthy. He has been eating frozen-thawed mice every 7 days. I am thinking he should be a bit bigger if he is 2 years old so perhaps he isn't eating large enough food items. I will have to see tonight when I pick him up. She says he is very docile and enjoys his handling sessions. Of course I will keep him apart from Arnold my younger BP and as always, make sure and wash my hands with anti-bacterial solution before I handle my other snakes.

I will post some pics tomorrow of him and his terrarium. I also need to post some pics of Arnold my 6 month old BP who has recovered nicely from his duct tape incident. It looks like his skin is healing up and may not even scar after all.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    if its 2 years old its probably a lot longer than 2 feet. good luck with your new snake though.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

Thanks
    Thanks, that is what I was thinking. Maybe the lady is bad at estimating his size. I have seen 2 year old bp's and they are usually longer than 2 feet and fairly girthy too. I will be anxious to see him in person in about 2 hours.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Yeah, if he IS two years old & only two feet, you might have quite a case on your hands man. Regardless, good luck & keep us posted on how things go!
    Life is like a game of poker. You can play each hand to the best of your ability but you are still going to run into a bad beat from time to time. What matters is how you handle it. Do you go on tilt or can you maintain your composure & rebuild your stack?

Thanks

Could someone please help me?

Good luck! I'm glad you are planning to take precautions, in case there may be something lurking in the background. I'll bet the snake is longer than 2 feet as the others have said. We'll be looking forward to pics!
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

yay!

Hope you and your new BP do well together just fatten him up with some small rats and Im sure he'll grow up for ya!

On a side note:

Marla your Avatar realy freaks me out. :shock:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Congrats! Sounds like you may have uncovered a real treasure there.

If the snake IS smaller than he's supposed to be, it's probably because he's been fed mice. A 2 year old should be eating rats. I'll be very interested to see if it has been underfed, or if it has simply been underestimated. Either way, I'm sure it'll get the best care from you.
    -- Judy

Thanks

cleaning an sealing

I was relieved when I finally saw him in person. He is still a bit small for his age, but seems very healthy. The lady I got him from has had him for 2 years and she says he hasn't grown very much since. I did confirm she has been feeding him frozen-thawed regular size mice which explains his small size for his age. He is about 2.5 to 3 feet, but I did not measure him. He was scheduled to eat last night so I put him in a cardboard box and did the mouse dance with a frozen thawed mouse. Wamo!!!!
    He was right at home and gobbled down the mouse no problem. I will definately switch him over to f-t rats next week because mice are definately too small for him. Here are a few pictures of him. He came with his terrarium and I removed the aspen shavings and gave it a thorough cleaning. I put paper towels down for now and he seemed right at home. I need to take a closer look at his eyes as it looks as though the tops of his eyes are golden colored while the bottom halfs are dark.
    Could this be left over eye caps? The lady I got him from recently took him to the vet and he checked out fine. Could this be the color of his eyes?

The temps in his cage are 88 on the hot side and 80 on the cool side, humidity is 50%

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Here he is

Looks like you got yourself a nice healthy snake. Congrats!!!
    ~40 Ball Pythons (mostly Freeway/Asphalt, Bongo, GHI, and Leopard combos)
    3.8.3 Green Tree Pythons (mostly TM/TW blueline, a few Highland/Wamena)
    1.2 Children's Pythons
    1.2 Cay Caulker Boas
    1.2 Black Fuli House Snakes
    1.0.4 Amazon Tree Boas (1x tiger, 3x halloween garden, 1x garden)

Thanks
    What do you all think about the eye issue, I know without pics it is hard to tell, but his eyes are not solid black, instead the top half is golden. I need to get a closeup pic of them tonight.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast