Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,147

0 members and 3,147 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: oops

Thanks
    I went to a reptile show yesterday and I was talking to one of my boss' friends, who is also a breeder, and I mentioned that it was my birthday, and he cut me a deal on a burmese python. So it looks like I'm the proud owner of a baby burmese python. all for the small price of 30 dollars. I named him Elmer since he will, eventually, be hunting rabbits.

Thanks
    That's a great name for a burm! Are you sure you're ready for one, though? At least you do have two people in the house so you'll have someone to help when he's huge in a couple of years. Congratulations, and I hope you're happy with him.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    I think so. My roommate and I are going to go out sometime soon to get supplies to build him a nice enclosure. I'd rather get that done now and have it ready for him when he get's big enough to move into it. He's also said that he'll help me out with him once he get's bigger.

Thanks
    I think building it ahead of time and getting it just right is a good plan. That way you aren't panicking when he needs to move up and putting him into a substandard enclosure just because you need it in a hurry. I'd think now would be a good time to join a local herp society or something, too, so that if you eventually have no roommate to help, you can maybe find another one through herp contacts who can help you out.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans

Thanks
    well, i do work at a pet store that sells reptiles and we have some fairly large snakes that we handle on a daily basis. So if i didn't have a roommate, i could either, a) call my boss and have him help me out since he loves working with large snakes or b) have a friend from work help me out.

We have 2 burmese, a retic which was a rescue not too long ago, 3 red tails, and a rock. So i'm decently trained on handling and cleaning cages of large snakes.

Thanks
    That's good that you are going into this with experience. I didn't mean to imply that you were unable to care for it. As I'm sure you know, caring for a giant is at least a 2-person job, depending on the species/locale/age/gender of the snake and a lot of injuries are caused by keepers being overconfident, so it's definitely a good thing that you already have a backup plan in case your roommate was unavailable for some reason.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Elmer is a great name! Can't wait to see some pics!
    -- Judy

Thanks
    oh yeah, if i didn't think i could handle it, i wouldn't have got it. i would have gotten something much smaller.

Thanks
    for pics of Elmer and our other new additions, follow the link.

http://www.livejournal.com/community...ty/254412.html

Thanks
    Very cute! And tell her I said Aladdin was a good name for a carpet python!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast