Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,232

1 members and 3,231 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Female Mojave hasn't eaten in almost 6 months

I'm starting to get very worried. She hasn't eaten in about 6 months even tho I try feeding her every other week. I usually stick w medium rats (she's about 1500g). I haven't gotten to weigh her lately but I can feel that she's lost some weight. She hasn't pooped since she stopped eating. Shed schedule has been normal. She acts normal, drinks, active at night. She's usually on the hot spot of her cage and the humidity and temps are correct. I've tried feeding her dead, live, trying frozen very soon. I've tried feeding her in her tank, in a big box, at night, during the day... I'm running out of options. Can anyone offer any advice? I'm starting to get desperate.

Thanks
    subscribed, im having the same issue with 2 of my wild caughts

Thanks

Try leaving rat pups in with her before their eyes open so they will not bite if she feeds with you not around also if gerbils are in your local pet store ask for some dirty gerbil bedding and scent a rat pup with it gerbils are like crack to them I've also had luck feeding in a paper bag also just again with a pup as to be safe I had a 1600 gram spider het albino.o male go off feed for 8 months its just balls they are notorious for going off feed they will eventually start up again just keep offering

Thanks
    Had you tried feeding a small sized prey? That seems to do the trick for me when everything else fails. I'd try a live weanling or a small. Have you tried other types of prey such as african soft fur?
    Females: 0.1 fire; 0.1 sugar; 0.1 GHI; 0.1 pinstripe het desert ghost; 0.1 mojave spider; 0.2 mojave; 0.1 black pewter blast; 0.1 leopard pied; 0.1 champagne; 0.1 pied; 0.1 super pastel lesser; 0.1 pewter; 0.1 spider het pied, 0.1 bumblebee; 0.1 lesser; 0.1 spider; 0.1 normal; 0.3 het pied
    Males: 1.0 het desert ghost; 1.0 pastel pied; 1.0 leopard; 1.0 black pastel; 1.0 enchi; 1.0 mojave; 1.0 cinnamon; 1.0 pied; 1.0 vanilla

Other species: 1.0.3 pacman frogs (sunkissed, super apricot, super blue, super lime green); 0.2 crested gecko; 1.0 hypo hog island boa; 0.1 normal boa; 1.0 rottweiler; 1.0 chihuahua

instagram = lesliep91

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Have you tried feeding her live mice? They usually do the trick when I have snakes on strike. She may not take it right away, but eventually she will. When I've had snakes go on strike a live mouse is always the first thing they start eating again. I had one stay a live mouser for over 2 years though, that was a real pain!

Thanks

Re: Female Mojave hasn't eaten in almost 6 months

I always have fed her live rats. I'm gonna try switching to an adult mouse next week just to see what happens. If I can get my hands on some rat pups ill try that as well. Do you guys think I should try frozen rats?

Thanks

Re: Female Mojave hasn't eaten in almost 6 months

u can try it but if u feed live all the time chances are shes not gonna hit that frozen right away .. if u do go frozen thaw it out get nice and warm and just leave it in her tank with her for a hour or so n if she dont take it then take it out and maybe drop a down a size on the rodent
    1.1 het pied ,1.1 pastel,1. butter, .1 spider , .1 fire ph ghost , .1 pastave