Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,937

1 members and 2,936 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Well since I got my MBK, my sister has been wanting to get a snake too, and since I already have enough knowledge for it, I will teach her and help take care of it. We went to a breeder near us, and he was very good. We checked out a Sinaloan(sp?) milksnake but she didn't like it as much as this. I asked to see if he had any blood red corns, and the closest he had was a Miami Phase baby, and a 14 month old Miami Phase. She is beautiful and very calm and loves to be held. If anyone is curious, with Snake Measurer she came out as 46" (3' 10") She named her Leila. Here are some pics!

Last pic the temps are high because its really hot out. I can't hook the heatpad up yet cause we couldn't get a thermostat today.
    0.1 Mexican Black Kingsnake *Princess Elysia*
    0.1 Miami Phase Cornsnake *Leila*
    0.1 Ball Python *Boo*

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    She's gorgeous....I see an addiction forming. LOL. How old is your sister? I don't see many people posting pics of Miami corns. They are gorgeous!
    Ball Python, Bredl's Carpet Python, Kenyan Sand Boa, Saharan Sand Boa
    Mexican Black King, California King, Snow Corn, Okeetee Corn, Everglades Ratsnake
    Blue Tongued Skinks: Irian Jaya (2), Indonesian, Northern, Tanimbar, Eastern, Kei, Merauke
    Crested Gecko

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    She is 19 ^_^ I'm 20 and my older sister is 23. My older sister is the one who is scared of snakes but she kinda liked this one. The breeder she got her from is just very good. Everything is Captive Bred, and the guys mother cleans every cage and makes sure everyone is fed and taken care of so they are all VERY used to be handled. This guy has 6 10' Retics and a couple Burmese around the same size. He has an Alligator in a huge closed off room, and the thing tried to eat me today o_O He also has a baby Nile Croc and a huge parrot. He has tons of stuff, just TONS ^_^ I may get my BP from him, dunno yet.
    0.1 Ball Python *Boo*

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    That's great. I love to hear of female snake lovers (I'm a women by the way) - especially when they are young girls. I can't stand girls/women who act too 'girlie'. Not that I was ever a tomboy (on the contrary), but when it comes to a creature that is already misunderstood it bothers me when I hear of people perpetuating the misconceptions. That guy (and his mom) sound great......I can't imagine that many large snakes!
    Mexican Black King, California King, Snow Corn, Okeetee Corn, Everglades Ratsnake
    Blue Tongued Skinks: Irian Jaya (2), Indonesian, Northern, Tanimbar, Eastern, Kei, Merauke
    Crested Gecko

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Yeah he owns a few full grown retics too I think and burmese too but they aren't in the shop there. He has around 4 half grown Burmese too I think. He also has a blood python, a black head python, a green tree python in a nice display case ^_^ Red tail boas, a buncha kings, corns, milks, rats in the back with the babies. Also has a couple chameleons and a few gecko's and a bearded dragon, as well as a frilled dragon, 800$ O_O. He has a buncha tropical fish and a snapping turtle too.
    0.1 Ball Python *Boo*

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Now that's a petstore!
    Crested Gecko

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I am also led to believe that he owns several cobras and other venomous snakes. He has several photos on the wall of cobras and what also look like vipers, but I'm pretty sure they aren't in the store.

OMG I can't believe I forgot the poodle ^_^ They have a brown poodle too that just runs around and the parrot is allowed to sit out of his cage cause hes very tame, just sits there ^_^

They said the alligator doesn't like anyone. I guess I got too close and she got protective and tried to eat me O_O I hope she didnt get hurt slamming against the plexiglass wall o_O Scared the crap out of me for sure.
    0.1 Ball Python *Boo*

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I also have to say I wish I had borrowed my grandfather's soldering iron to do holes for my tank o_O It was sooooo much easier to just burn a buncha holes in there and not have to sand them down or anything cause the edges on the inside were smooth. Only problem is I burned my finger on it cause I wasn't thinking >_< I had about 12 holes left and I touched a small metal part, *not the tip* man it burned for so long o_O Then later I was setting up a small rack so I can keep Leila in my room during the summer, I was trying to put it together and I pinched the skin right under my thumb >_< Now both my hands are injured lol
    0.1 Ball Python *Boo*

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    LOL. All a part of the joys of learning from our snakes.

So.....what's your next snake going to be - a BP? I'm always planning/thinking about what to get next.
    Crested Gecko

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    My next snake is going to be a BP for sure. I think if I can take care of Elysia and now Leila, I can handle a BP that is a guarenteed feeder. As soon as I sell my drumset I'm going to splurge and get a BP ^_^ Probably sometime next month.

Captive Bred BP's are so docile its unbelievable, all the ones I have handled so far just sit there in my hand ^_^ I want one so bad O_O
    0.1 Ball Python *Boo*

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast