Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,963

1 members and 2,962 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

IBD

I like to take little trips to the pets stores in my local area to keep my eye on herps because we all know that most pet stores dont know jack about husbandry or they just dont care.
    I have been keeping my eye on one of them. They have 5 young ball pythons that were last fed on April 15. These poor guys are skin and bones. They are in an enclosure with no hides, nothing but a water dish. Their bark substrate looks like it hasnt been changed in months. There are urates and fecal matter all over. This is the same place I rescued bones from a month or two ago. They also have a blood python which looks to have an RI. The poor guy has been in his water dish for days and he has his mouth hanging open to breath. He also has no hides and a lack of humidity. None of their other herps look real great either. Point being, they take aweful care of their reptiles.
    After seeing that poor blood python with his mouth hanging open I couldnt just let that slide by. So I gave animal control a call today and they are sending some one over to take a look. Apperantly I am not the first one to complain about this pet store either.
    It makes me so angry that these pet stores dont care about their pets! Anything for a buck right?
    grrrr
    Anyway, animal control is going to call me back. Im hoping they do somthing DRASTIC!
    Ill keep ya posted...
    1.0 Green tree python

Banned
    Thanks
    AMEN!
    What store was it?

Thanks
    Thank God you called animal control, Thanks
    People just piss me off on a daily basis in pet stores
    My heart just goes out to all mistreated animals.
    It is one of the things that will cause me to be violent, that and abused children
    We have to stand up and speak for those that can't.
    I am glad you stood up and spoke!
    ~ Johanna ~ aka Jody

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be measured by the way it's animals are treated"
    ~ Mahatma Gandhi~

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Each county has an ASPCA i think. Try calling them they will get in there quick.
    Thanks,
    Damien
    0.1 2001 Ball Python 1200 grams.
    1.0 1994 Ball Python 3800 Grams.

Thanks
    Bravo green man! You ought to become an animal cop like those guys on Animal Planet. Come to think of it, half of the members on this site should

I'm anxious to hear what happens!

Thanks
    gozetec02 - what exactly is ASPCA?

Ya know I have actually considered getting a job some where like animal control or the humane society. I wonder what kind of schooling you would need...
    I am thinking about volenteering once or twice a week at the humane society. My wife thinks its a good idea and she might even join me. I really admire people like Rusty who work with rescuing animals. It is important that we stand up for the wellfare of reptiles. Can you imagine being ripped from your home in the savana (the BP's at this pet store are wild caught) to get stuck in a box with four other BP's with no food for months living in your own waste! That is just aweful! Poor guys....
    1.0 Green tree python

Thanks
    Dragón_Dorado - It was a local pet store called Bird world (which is a joke because they dont take very good care of their birds either) I was talking a girl at the humane society yesterday about them. She said they get their dogs from puppy mills. They also tend to purchace dogs like black labs (the number one euthanized dog) and try to sell them for likr 400 bucks. They tend to have a lot of problems with the dogs they sell getting sick. She said that they have been trying to get them closed down for some time now. It is nice to hear about others in the area caring as well...
    1.0 Green tree python

Thanks
    ASPCA - American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
    - Carson
    Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Jeff, it's good to hear about someone actually DOING something about one of these pet stores for a change. I get tired of reading all the gripes, with no action to try and make things better. Please keep us updated!!
    -- Judy

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ
    Bravo green man! You ought to become an animal cop like those guys on Animal Planet. Come to think of it, half of the members on this site should

I'm anxious to hear what happens!
    I would really like to be an animal cop but I think I'll end up doing some serious time. All the people that abuse animals, children and elderly people should be tortured penitentiary style .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast