Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,789

0 members and 2,789 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks

Red face Gushing about my new squeeze :3

Ok, so he's not really a new squeeze, but kindergarten sweethearts doesn't count, does it?

I've known this guy for 17 years, a good 3/4 of my life thus far. We were best friends in pre-k, holding hands and kissing (chaste little-kid kisses!)-- he chased another boy around the classroom for wanting to kiss me too. We actually went to our kindergarten teacher and told her we were going to get married, and she told us we weren't allowed because it was a school night. We stayed good friends/mini-paramours until 3rd or 4th grade, when he hit his macho-man phase and started hanging with all the other boys. I ended up moving away in 5th grade, and we didn't hear from each other again until just after 8th grade, when he out of the blue invited me to his graduation party.

We hit it off again there, and it looked likely that we'd start dating in earnest, until we both developed more prominent interests in other people and went our separate ways. We talked occasionally though, and each time a relationship of mine broke up, he attempted to step in. (I found that particularly annoying, because it always seemed very quick to move on for my tastes.) Once I went to college, we lost contact again for awhile, but would check up on each other occasionally.

Well, now I'm home from college, and we went out one night with his fiancee of 2.5 years. That night after they went home, he broke up with her, pretty much confirming in my head that he's always been there, waiting for a spark to rekindle in our relationship. And so this time, I decided to give him a chance.

It's new territory for me, after getting out of a relationship that screwed me up all kinds of ways emotionally only a few months ago. But I'm in recovery, and my doctor and I both think that this connection is a good one for me to have, since it's the epitome of stability-- after all of these years, he's there for me as much as he ever has been, and I am ready for some stability and calm in my life. Heck, I'm even starting to look at settling down in the next few years. And I could do much worse than the man I've known for my entire life.

His whole family remembers me well from our childhood days, and they're all APPLAUDING the termination of his engagement-- apparently, she was not very well-liked by his large Italian family, because she made it very clear that she did not want children. They've already started asking him when we're going to give them great-grandkids. His aunts and uncles have literally told him, when he shared the news about me being back in his life, "It's about :cens0r: time!!"

All in all, this is a really positive thing for me, and I've found that he and I are compatible in ways that I never would have expected, even though I probably should have. He has a lot more confidence than he did when we were teenagers, and that is very attractive to me. We aren't "Facebook-official" or anything, and probably won't be for a bit, as I'm still feeling this whole thing out. But I have very high hopes.

Thanks for reading.
    1.1 Ball Pythons
    a) Calliope 0.1, Banana Ball, 2018/19 season, 600g
    b) Geralt 1.0 Chocolate Sable Mojave pos. Trick ball, May 27th 2020

3.2 Cats (Fury, Leviathan, Walter, Chell, Amelie); 2.0 Dogs (Bjorn, Anubis); 2.1 Ferrets (Bran, Tormund, Arya); 0.1 Beardie (Nefertiti); 0.1 Slider Turtle (Species uncertain) (Papaya); 2.0 Hermit Crabs (Tamatoa, Sushi); 0.1 Conure (Mauii); Two Axolotyls (Quetzl and Unnamed); Two Tree Frogs (Pluto and Colossus); One Anole (Zeus); One Crestie (Noferatu); 3.0 Guinea Pigs (Paco, Poncho and Piccolo); 0.1 Pink Toe T (Azula)

Fish:
    1.1 Oscar Cichlids (Rocky 1.0, hx2020, Red Fire, and Bubble 0.1, hx2019, Tiger), 1.1 Convict Cichlids (Hurley and Sloane), 0.1 Strawberry Peacock Cichlid (Comet), Two Plecos, Rubby the Rubbernose Pleco and Trinidad the common Pleco, 2.0 Upside Down Catfish (Poseidon, Neptune), One Red Parrot Cichlid (Firefly), 1.0 Betta Fish (Jenkins),
    2.2 Cherry Barbs ("The Worst"), 1.0 Electric Blue Acara (Goldeneye)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Archimedes For This Useful Post:

Anya (06-28-2013),Pyrate81 (06-29-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts

Gushing about my new squeeze :3

I'm glad he broke up with her. I've never heard of double dipping ending well for the double dipper. Congrats, best of luck.
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike41793 For This Useful Post:

Archimedes (06-28-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 920 Posts
    That's pretty out there. Just know you have a keeper if he can go home and break off two and a half years of his life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Thanks

Re: Gushing about my new squeeze :3

Quote Originally Posted by Kodieh View Post
    That's pretty out there. Just know you have a keeper if he can go home and break off two and a half years of his life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Yeah like, from ANYONE else that would totally weird me out, but it doesn't surprise me at all that he did it for me. (She'd also cheated on him three months before, and he stayed with her for some unholy reason, even though she was talking about doing it again. Not cute. I did not approve, even if he HAD stayed with her.)
    1.1 Ball Pythons

3.2 Cats (Fury, Leviathan, Walter, Chell, Amelie); 2.0 Dogs (Bjorn, Anubis); 2.1 Ferrets (Bran, Tormund, Arya); 0.1 Beardie (Nefertiti); 0.1 Slider Turtle (Species uncertain) (Papaya); 2.0 Hermit Crabs (Tamatoa, Sushi); 0.1 Conure (Mauii); Two Axolotyls (Quetzl and Unnamed); Two Tree Frogs (Pluto and Colossus); One Anole (Zeus); One Crestie (Noferatu); 3.0 Guinea Pigs (Paco, Poncho and Piccolo); 0.1 Pink Toe T (Azula)

Fish:
    1.1 Oscar Cichlids (Rocky 1.0, hx2020, Red Fire, and Bubble 0.1, hx2019, Tiger), 1.1 Convict Cichlids (Hurley and Sloane), 0.1 Strawberry Peacock Cichlid (Comet), Two Plecos, Rubby the Rubbernose Pleco and Trinidad the common Pleco, 2.0 Upside Down Catfish (Poseidon, Neptune), One Red Parrot Cichlid (Firefly), 1.0 Betta Fish (Jenkins),

Thanks
    Congrats, Ava! Sounds pretty exciting. :o)
    0.1.0 Pastel Ball Python 'Marcelene'
    1.0.0 Hypo Brooks Kingsnake, 'Limonchello'
    0.0.1 Western Ratsnake 'Sticker'

?.?.? Dubia Colony.
    ?.?.? Madagascar Hissing Colony
    2.0.0 Ferrets 'Ferris' & 'Steven'
    3 gallon planted tank
    1.0.0 Avicularia Avicularia 'Peter'
    0.0.1 Brachypelma vagans 'Little Dude'
    0.0.1 Pterinochilus murinus 'Mr.Bitey'

0.1.0 Catahoula Pitbull Mix ' Imogen'

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Anya For This Useful Post:

Archimedes (06-28-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,311 Times in 1,063 Posts

Definitely something you see on TV or in the movies. Congrats!
    -Yar

1.0.0 Albino Black Rat snake(Wafer)
    0.0.1 California King snake(Oreo)
    0.0.1 African Housesnake(Cupcake)
    0.0.1 Honduran Milk snake(Blackjack)
    0.0.2 Normal BP(Petey; Twix)
    0.0.1 Yellow Rat Snake(Dijon)
    0.0.1 Madagascar Speckled Hognose(Granola)[RIP]
    1.0.0 Albino Nelson's Milk snake(Candy Cane)
    1.0.0 Lesser BP(Creme Brulee)
    1.0.0 Mojo BP(Brownie)
    0.1.0 Black Motley Corn snake(Anisette)
    0.0.1 Pueblan Milk snake[Fostering, Taco Grande]
    0.1.0 West African Mud Turtle(Bulger)
    0.2.0 Red Eared Slider(Squirtle, Turtwig)
    1.0.0 Rat Terrorier(Ranger)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pyrate81 For This Useful Post:

Archimedes (06-29-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrate81 View Post
    Definitely something you see on TV or in the movies. Congrats!
    Heh, I guess it is, isn't it? =D thank you!
    1.1 Ball Pythons

Fish:

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Archimedes For This Useful Post:

Pyrate81 (06-29-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts

Gushing about my new squeeze :3

still a better love story than twilight
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike41793 For This Useful Post:

Archimedes (06-29-2013),Pyrate81 (06-29-2013)

Thanks
    I am very happy for the both of you
    i know the truth...shhh...big brother is watching

16. The Following User Says Thank You to iknowthetruth For This Useful Post:

Archimedes (06-29-2013)