Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,296

3 members and 3,293 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Leopold II, my first bp and morph(image heavy)

As you can see from my signature, I have several bps but this cute little pastel is what started it all. I thought it would be cool to share his little story, because he was an unintentional purchase xD
    (Leopold II, a month ago after a shed)

I've always been an animal person, and while I've never considered owning a snake, I was never afraid of them. In fact, my dad had a small normal when I was a little kid. I would read bed time stories to it, and when he would slither away, I would pick him up and put him back down in place xD Anyways, I worked at a Petsmart about a year ago and became pretty good friends with one of the managers who had an extensive reptile collection (corns, balls, burmese, all boas oh my!) and so I started doing more research into snakes. I went to a local expo and fell in love with Candy cane corn snakes, but I had just come to look. A couple of months later, I planned on going to an expo in Tulsa to pick up a 1.1 pair. To my surprise, the expo was very different. There were only a couple of corn snakes, and they were just the super high end ones that I had no interest in. Before leaving, I thought to myself that if I had the money, I might pick up just a normal ball as well. With the candy cane plan shot, I began looking at all of the different ball python morphs. When I first looked into ball python morphs, I was really turned off because, compared to corn snakes, all of the morphs I looked at were really similar. Now, I have no idea what I looked at, because now I love all of the different morphs xD
    Anyways, I decided that since I had a hundred on me for the corn snakes, that I'd get a more interesting looking bp. I looked at several booths but was drawn to the Priceless Pythons table. All of the snakes were out of my price range aside from a male pastel. Looking at all of them, Leopold had the brightest yellow (with hints of orange) and he became the one I took home. Since then, my interest in ball pythons has continued to grow. He may be one of the cheapest morphs, but Leopold II is precious to me and is such a character. Even when I eventually attain the more expensive and extravagant morphs, he will always be my favorite. I also have to say, I've looked at a lot of pastels, and rarely see any as bright as him. So kudos to Priceless Pythons!

Here is a pic I just took of my silly boy(please excuse the crappy phone pic)
    1.0 Banana Butter BP
    1.0 Black Otter Rex rabbit
    0.1 Pembroke Welsh Corgi

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SarWildDog For This Useful Post:

Anya (06-19-2013),DestinyLynette (06-19-2013)

Thanks
    He's such a cutie!! Your first BP always holds the most special place in your heart, I think.
    0.1.0 Pastel Ball Python 'Marcelene'
    1.0.0 Hypo Brooks Kingsnake, 'Limonchello'
    0.0.1 Western Ratsnake 'Sticker'

?.?.? Dubia Colony.
    ?.?.? Madagascar Hissing Colony
    2.0.0 Ferrets 'Ferris' & 'Steven'
    3 gallon planted tank
    1.0.0 Avicularia Avicularia 'Peter'
    0.0.1 Brachypelma vagans 'Little Dude'
    0.0.1 Pterinochilus murinus 'Mr.Bitey'

0.1.0 Catahoula Pitbull Mix ' Imogen'