Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,801

2 members and 2,799 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BPnet Senior Member Mephibosheth1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Every button I click gives me the malware notice, and I can't even post anything from my computer; this is from my phone...
    CRYSTAL MEPH

1.0 100% Het for Carmel Normal–Mycroft (P. regius)
    1.2 Manx, Scottish Fold, Tabby–Mocha, Precious, Kitty-Beau (F. domesticus)
    30.90 Breeder Mice (M. musculus)

"It will all be okay in the end. If it's not okay, its not the end"
    –John Lennon//oo\\

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 1,596 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: BP.net - Google Chrome: "Danger: Malware Ahead!"

Quote Originally Posted by Konotashi View Post
    I'm using Windows 8, too. My antivirus (Titanium) hasn't shown any warnings. I even had it run a check on my laptop, just in case (since I've been ignoring the messages), and nadda.
    I've run several scans on my laptop too. The message I've been getting has something to do with a website called googledevelopers.org or something like that. I can't remember the exact name, I'll look at it again when I get home.

Looks like some kind of a re-direct website.
    Last edited by MarkS; 06-16-2013 at 05:13 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,969 Times in 2,446 Posts
    I just got a Danger Malware thing from Firefox just now. First time it's ever happened to me.
    Last edited by satomi325; 06-16-2013 at 05:25 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by satomi325 View Post
    I just got a Danger Malware thing from Firefox just now. First time it's ever happened to me.

This happened to me today as well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    Safe Browsing
    Diagnostic page for ball-pythons.net

What is the current listing status for ball-pythons.net?
    Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

What happened when Google visited this site?
    Of the 205 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2013-06-16, and suspicious content was never found on this site within the past 90 days.
    This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS36351 (SOFTLAYER).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
    Over the past 90 days, ball-pythons.net did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?
    No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?
    In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:
    Return to the previous page.
    If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

------------------

Weird.
    Mine was a bit different... for some reason?

Safe Browsing

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 4 time(s) over the past 90 days.
    Of the 371 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 163 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2013-06-16, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2013-06-16.This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS36351 (SOFTLAYER).
    Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
    Over the past 90 days, ball-pythons.net did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.
    How did this happen?
    In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.
    Next steps:

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueMoonExotics For This Useful Post:

MJK123 (06-16-2013)

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,914 Times in 1,149 Posts
    Firefox started it for me as well.

I get this same notice:

Safe Browsing

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 4 time(s) over the past 90 days.
    Of the 371 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 163 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2013-06-16, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2013-06-16.This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS36351 (SOFTLAYER).
    How did this happen?
    Next steps:

Return to the previous page.
    If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

I think it's more of an annoyance than anything, some jerk trying to cause trouble for BP.

Gale
    1.0 Low-white Pied - Yakul | 1.0 Granite het Pied - Nago
    1.0 Mojave - Okoto | 1.0 Vanilla - Kodama
    1.0 Pastel - Koroku | 1.0 Fire - Osa
    0.1 het Pied - Toki | 0.1 het Pied - Mauro
    0.1 Mojave - Kina | 0.1 Blushback Cinnamon - Kuri
    0.1 Fire - Mori | 0.1 Reduced Pinstripe - Sumi
    0.1 Pastel - Yuki | 0.1 Dinker Normal - Akashi
    0.1 Ghana Giant Normal - Tatari | 0.1 Dinker Normal - Kaiya

Thanks

I had this earlier on my iphone, using chrome. I came home and noticed it on my both of my computers as well, firefox and chrome. I set the website as my homepage and it seems to be working just fine now.

Thanks
    Yes, it is mainly an annoyance hack. As stated before, it is an attempt to redirect users elsewhere. The way to fix it is simple; remove the issue directly from the files on the server, change your server passwords (really just ftp should be sufficient enough but is best to change all just in case), fetch files through Google to ensure no cloaking has been done to the website, and finally submit for reconsideration to Google to get off the suspicious list. Even if you remove the threat from the site, Google will still label the website as suspicious until you go through the reconsideration.
    It would also be wise for the person who regularly access the ftp to do a deep scan of their own computer(s) to ensure that their machines were not compromised otherwise it will end up a vicious cycle.
    Also for the people who don’t see the error or did see it but no longer can, it doesn’t mean it went away. The way this particular type of hack normally works is that new users are mostly affected rather than current. Basically if your cookies are saved there is less of a chance for you to repetitively see the annoyance but if you were to clear your cookies and revisit the site, the problem would be more likely to appear for you.
    Sorry if this turns out to be a wall of text. For whatever reason the message box will not let me [return] to a new line to properly paragraph my posts.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,322 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Sorry everyone, we are working on getting this fixed. It is a major annoyance for sure, but hopefully will be resolved shortly.
    - Emily

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mlededee For This Useful Post:

angllady2 (06-16-2013),Coleslaw007 (06-17-2013),dr del (06-17-2013),JLC (06-16-2013),Konotashi (06-16-2013),loonunit (06-18-2013),MarkS (06-17-2013),satomi325 (06-17-2013)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast