Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,990

0 members and 1,990 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    1. They usually have no clue as to what they are doing.

2. My local petco houses reptiles in tiny cages, with hot rocks for heat.

3. They are way overpriced, on everything from animals to supplies. They want 5$ for 1 brick of EcoEarth when I can go down the street and get a 3 pack for the same price. And their BP's are 80$.

4. My sisters boyfriend works at a petco in Iowa, and he said they have a few MBK's which they house in the same tank. Maybe they will learn there lesson when they notice some are missing. Wonder if it has to do with them being CANNIBALS!

5. They NEVER have enough people working on any given day. Today, a Saturday, they had 1 person on register, and one guy walking around the store answering questions. This one guy had to walk around and wait for 30min to ask this guy to get him something.

Sorry for the rant but they are really getting on my nerves o_O I hate them T_T
    0.1 Mexican Black Kingsnake *Princess Elysia*
    0.1 Miami Phase Cornsnake *Leila*
    0.1 Ball Python *Boo*

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Why PetCo sucks *to me* ^_^

I really can't stand petco either. But its alright if your shopping for dog or cat stuff. Man, somebody needs to make a chain of reptile stores. With people who KNOW what they are doing.
    Ball Pythons: Link
    If you have any advice for a new keeper pm me.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Wow that was a fast response FTH ^_^

Oh yeah heres another one:

6. They don't have an adequate system or for getting feeder mice, nor do they have enough o_O I went in today hoping to get just 2 pinkies so I could feed my MBK, and all they had was 2 bags of 10 small rats.
    They make you dig into a bag and put what you want in a seperate bag, with your bare hands, and they have soap onthe side of the fridge they keep them in, but no sink anywhere near to wash your hands lol
    0.1 Ball Python *Boo*

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    they have soap onthe side of the fridge they keep them in, but no sink anywhere near to wash your hands lol
    Hahahahah...
    With your bare hands? Ugh, I'm usually not queemish but...dead things....touching dead things...ugh.
    Ball Pythons: Link
    If you have any advice for a new keeper pm me.

Banned
    Thanks
    The petco nearest to me is actually pretty awsome. Cept the RTB cage could use more heat.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Don't even get me started on our RTB cage, they have about 5-6 in a 10 gallon terrarium and they aren't that small either, though I'm glad your PetCo doesn't suck as much as mine.
    0.1 Ball Python *Boo*

Thanks
    My petco sucks!! i saw a baby bp with burns on its back! i hate my petco. it is good for cats dogs and other fury things or is a mamal. but there birds and reptiles are nto taken care for. last time i wasthere the yahd birds flyign aroudn and they were chasing after them with nets!!!! i hate it...only go there for my cats and dog....

Thanks

My pythons are just groovin....

Among several other reasons, I have beef with Petco because they don't treat their animals when they need veterinary care. Once while I was on a vet trip with a guinea pig from my store (before our Banfield vet moved in), a girl in the office noticed my green PetsMart shirt and told me she thought it was "so cool" that we treat our sick animals. Evidently the local Petco she used to work at just left their animals in a back stock room to wait for them to die instead of having them looked at by a vet. Isn't that horrible? I was so disguted I didn't know what to say to her.

Thanks

Black African House Snake!

I have no experience with PetCo(yet...:shock: ) but if I ever go into one and see snakes being kept in small cages together with heat rocks to burn them, and other bad neglectful things like that, I'd probably find management or someone to talk to, and tell them the stuff they're doing wrong, and explain to them how it can harm the pets. By the end of the rant/schooling, they'd probably be baffled at my (common sense)knowledge and want to hire me. And maybe I'd take the job, and try to fix up that PetCo. Sadly, that doesn't change the others that don't have a clue what they're doing. :x
    2.0 python regius - Ace(pastel) and Pelota(cross-dresser )

Banned
    Thanks
    I personally think that Petco and PetSmart have no business selling exotics at all. Unless weekly they have someone coming in to check on the animals, and able to fire slackers. I never see this kind of BS at mom and pop run stores, quite the contrary. The PetCo around me isn't half bad, even somewhat good, but the other two chain stores blow big time.

I'd also like to see them get a 500$ fine for every animal that dies due to their severe negligence.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast