Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,859

1 members and 2,858 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks
    Last night I was doing my routine cage cleaning and watering and feeding for Ozzy.. I went to take him out before I fed after getting the other 2 things done, and he was limp, lethargic and unresponsive. That scared the crap out of me. So, we took him to the vets, they did an emergency admit on him, and he is still there now. I spent time after time after time, going through his cage and checking temps and all, could not find one thing wrong..nothing. But it occurred to me, that the last batch of crickets we bought was a bit off. I bought 100 as usual, since Ozzy is not the only cricket eater in the house. But within 3 days after buying them, even with proper stuff in thier cage to keep them alive and well until fed off, half if not more died. I talked to my vet about this, she thinks something was wrong with the crickets cause she says they should not have died off like that, esp. since they were young crickets. I checked Miranda, my AFT, and she is OK- thankfully, or at this point seems to be. But I checked my fire belly toads, who were not old at all, and they have died. Around 8 AM, I took them in for a necropsy.

BRB- Phone call.

K, that was the vet, the necropsy on my toads came back, she believes it was the crickets that killed them off since she could not find anything wrong with them other than the crickets in thier guts. So, that solves the riddle of whats wrong with Ozzy... update on Ozzy, he is still in the vets care, stable, but the prognosis is not good unless there is a miracle. Right now my vet is providing supportive care, and meds to try to pull him out of this.. she says be tomarrow we will know something... she says he is either going to just pull out of it, or he wont make it and it wont be long as sick as he is, in such a short time..less than 24 hours, cause he was fine the day before yesterday.

I am so upset and have been in tears and have had no sleep whatsoever yet, truth is- I cant sleep worrying about my Ozzy. I am also mad, I want to know why the crickets, a food source did this to my critters, what was wrong with them.... And I only hope Ozzy pulls through. Although, got to say- Bri has been a trooper through this so far.. he told me all the way home to not worry about the $ side of this crap cause $ is no object when it comes to our kids (human, furries and reptiles). :cry:

OH Yeah- we also aquired another household member, my daughter got her first snake.. I will post on this in the KS forum.
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Thanks
    That's just horrible Jeanne. I hope ozzy pull's through.

Have you notified your cricket supplier to alert them to a possible problem with thier crickets? I know it would be hard to talk to them if thier crickets are the source of the problem, but it may help to save other critters lives.

And congrats on your daughters first snake....
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is....

....Tattooed people don't care if you're not tattooed.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Really sorry to hear that. Lets hope he pulls through.
    Ball Pythons: Link
    If you have any advice for a new keeper pm me.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I'm sorry about Ozzy, please keep us posted.....sending the healing good vibes your way....
    ~Caren~
    "Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." Confucius
    1.0 Other Half - Mark, 0.1 Child - Samantha
    1.0.2 BP:Smitty,Sophie,Unamed One, 1.1 Cali King:Serpico,Simone
    1.2 Canines, 0.2 Felines
    1.1 RES Turtles - Thomas & Thomasina

Thanks
    Im so sorry!
    That must be aweful having to wait that out!
    Good luck and keep us posted!
    1.0 Green tree python

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Oh geeze, Jeanne....this really sucks! I'm so sorry to hear about your frogs and about Ozzy. DEFinitely contact the supplier and let them know what has happened. My thoughts are with you and Ozzy...
    -- Judy

Banned
    Thanks
    I love monitors, they're awesome, I hope he pulls through.
    I'll prey for him.
    Bye.

-collin