Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,157

0 members and 3,157 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Hurray she is here ^_^

She was pretty jittery when I took her out, so I was only able to get 2 pics, 1 of them isnt too clear, I had to sharpen it abit cause it was so blurry, I'll take some more pics in a day or 2 and see if she has calmed down.

I will say though, I put her into my cage and started to put my bungee cords on to secure it and she was gone O_O She darted right under the carpet lol

I picked her up and put her under a hide and she stayed there so I'm assuming she likes it ^_^ But I wasn't expecting her to be so small so I'm going to have to get some smaller hides today.

From my guess she is about 18-20"

Here she is coming out of her little cup ^_^

She was moving pretty fast which is why its not too good. I ran upstairs and placed her in her tank as fast as I could ^_^

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Yay! My MBK is here! *pics*

Sweet! Mexican Black King snakes look awsome!
    Ball Pythons: Link
    If you have any advice for a new keeper pm me.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    My initial estimate of size I think was too small. I think she is almost 2 feet long o_O

And she keeps going under the carpet, I think the hides are too big so I'm gonna have to go now to get the new smaller ones.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Yeah!!! I'm glad she made it (I just saw your post about your ordeal). So how old is she? She looks like my little guy - which means she's gorgeous! Does she have any white or yellow still? What did the breeders say they were feeding her?

Congrats!
    Ball Python, Bredl's Carpet Python, Kenyan Sand Boa, Saharan Sand Boa
    Mexican Black King, California King, Snow Corn, Okeetee Corn, Everglades Ratsnake
    Blue Tongued Skinks: Irian Jaya (2), Indonesian, Northern, Tanimbar, Eastern, Kei, Merauke
    Crested Gecko

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    They told me she is 8 months old and she has some white specks under her front half, and it looks like she has a large white area towards the back. You can kinda see the white in the second pic up there. I didnt examine her too much cause she was in a hurry to be somewhere else. I have to find some way to keep the corners of my carpet down to keep her from going under. If worse comes to worse I'll just use a lot of newspaper till I find something better.

They told me they were feeding her fuzzies, does that seem right to you Tiger? When should I try and feed her? I forgot to ask when they last fed her >_<
    0.1 Mexican Black Kingsnake *Princess Elysia*
    0.1 Miami Phase Cornsnake *Leila*
    0.1 Ball Python *Boo*

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Oh >_< Should I let her stay under the carpet? I already took her out from under once, I'd hate to keep going in to do it over and over again.
    0.1 Ball Python *Boo*

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

New pictures

I would assume they feed her several days ago so that she wouldn't have a full stomach for her trip. Kings are such aggressive eaters (and mine seem more likely to have an attitude when they are hungry) that the usual advice of waiting a week before feeding is not as big an issue with them - in my opinion. Actually all of my colubrids, I feed them the day after bringing them home.

Mine love to burrow as well - sometiems they'll use their hides. My Cal King is on paper towels for now and my Mex Black King has just been moved to Bed-A-Beast for some burrowing fun. He seems to really enjoy it. You can use the hides to weigh down the newspaper or consider giving them a loose substrate so they can just burrow to their heart's desire.

I got my Mex Black when he was about 8 months old....I'm trying to remember what the breeder was feeding him - I think pinkies, but I can't remmeber. But my guy was pretty thin for his age (according to my vet who used to breed them and others that I asked on different forums). My vet said some breeders just feed them a maintenance diet with the intention of selling them. He had me start feeding my guy every 5 days to fatten him up a bit. You should be safe with the 'feed prey equal to the widest part of their body or up to 1.5 times that width'. Just feed her a second or third one if a single one seems too small. She'll love ya for it. Any pics of her home?
    Ball Python, Bredl's Carpet Python, Kenyan Sand Boa, Saharan Sand Boa
    Mexican Black King, California King, Snow Corn, Okeetee Corn, Everglades Ratsnake
    Blue Tongued Skinks: Irian Jaya (2), Indonesian, Northern, Tanimbar, Eastern, Kei, Merauke
    Crested Gecko

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    This Bed-A-Beast stuff. I see it at bigappleherp.com

But it says you have to soak it in water to let it expand to more? How does that work exactly?

And how many bricks of that am I going to need for a 90qt sterilite container? o_O
    0.1 Ball Python *Boo*

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    http://www.buypetsupply.com/shopping...ials/54137.htm

I read this stuff is good too. Yes no?
    0.1 Ball Python *Boo*

Thanks
    Nice looking King Alkaurkharim!