Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,230

1 members and 1,229 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

African Import babies!

This was our first year getting the unopened bag of CH imports this year. Last year we just ordered 10 babies after they were opened and soaked. We got lucky and got 7 females out of the 10. This year, not so much. Looks like 7 males out of 10. But they still look pretty cool. I'm pretty happy with how all of them look. Since they've eaten a few times, I thought I'd post some pics I snapped real quick. Now, just figuring out which ones to keep and which ones to sell.

First is a really cool looking granite guy. Love his orangish tint to him and his dark head.

Next is our other granite. Less granite than the first though.

This guy is my favorite! And is he a piggy! He has a greenish look to him. Very dark in person.

Next up is a bright one. Nothing super special, but it does have come crazy tracks going on it's belly.

Clean patterned girl

Another clean patterned one.

Crazy patterned dark one.

This little one is in shed again. Nothing super special about it, except it's black is solid black.

Another finally, another clean patterned one.
    My Balls- Boys- Super Chocolate, Butter Enchi Ghost, Lemonblast, Mojave Sable ph hypo, Genetic Stripe, 2 66% Het Pieds, Bumblebee, Clown, Normal
    Girls- 18 Normals (Het Hypo, Albino, Genetic Stripe, Pied, Caramel), 2 Lemonblasts, Sable ph hypo, Sable ph VPI, Pastave, Mystic, Enchi, Vanilla, 2 Cinnys, Bumblebee, 2 YB, 2 Spiders (1 het hypo), Lesser het hypo, 2 Pastels, Mojave ph hypo, Super Pastel, Superfly, Pinstripe, Spotnose ph VPI, and Albino.

My Boas- 1. Hypo het albino (Pierre'), .3 Anery het Albino (Avery, Ariel, Punky Bruster), 1.1 DH Snow (Jazmine, Sebastian), .1 het Albino (Cookie) 1.1 Sunglows

My Carpets- 1.2 JCP, .1 Tiger

My Rosies- .1 Dome Rock (Ella, the one who started it all), .1 Albino Whitewater (Teeny), and 1. Otay Lake Unicolor (Cash)

Thanks
    Curiosity...where do you get imports?
    1.1 Pinstripe - Orion/Eos
    1.1 Lessers - Typhon/Kali
    0.2 Dinkers - Stella & Wildfire
    1.0 Desert - No Name
    1.0 Het Red Axanthic - No name
    0.1 Woma- Cayenne
    0.1 Cinnamon- Nutmeg
    2.1 Mojave- No names
    1.0 Mystic- No Name
    0.1 Mahagony- No Name
    1.0 Black Pastel- No Name
    1.0 SD Tiger Retic- Thor
    0.0.1 Green Tree Python (Apollo)
    0.2 Labs- Daisy & Ruby

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 1,596 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Many of the larger east coast resellers/importers will have captive hatched babies coming in around this time of year. Some think it's a bad practice taking in so many babies from the wild for the pet trade and some think it's a great idea to add new blood to our captive stock. You can usually get a lot of baby ball pythons really cheap, often before they've even had their first shed. Many years ago I got a lot of CH female balls that were hand picked 'specials' From Ben Siegel (IE, they got in a lot of imports and picked through them for the ones that had the most interesting colors and patterns, then sold them for twice the going rate) And I have never regretted it. If you pick through the ads on Kingsnake or Fauna you can probably find someone still selling 10 or 20 lots of baby balls this time of year though it's probably a bit on the late side already.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MarkS For This Useful Post:

rabernet (05-29-2013)

Thanks
    I heard that the total number of balls imported this year was not nearly as high as previous years.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Those are some cool looking babies! I love looking at import pictures!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SlitherinSisters For This Useful Post:

dart (05-29-2013)

Thanks

Re: African Import babies!

Thank you! I ordered them through Outback Reptiles. They're still advertising the babies, but they've been opened and sorted now. That's how we got the babies last year, but we still got some pretty cool looking girls (we sold the males). They're all pigs too. Our biggest girl is sitting at 800g. She's our go-to garbage disposal!

I love the idea of not knowing what you're getting. Even if they look normal, they could (slight chance), have an extra surprise in them. Hubby isn't such a fan, but I like the surprise!
    My Balls- Boys- Super Chocolate, Butter Enchi Ghost, Lemonblast, Mojave Sable ph hypo, Genetic Stripe, 2 66% Het Pieds, Bumblebee, Clown, Normal
    Girls- 18 Normals (Het Hypo, Albino, Genetic Stripe, Pied, Caramel), 2 Lemonblasts, Sable ph hypo, Sable ph VPI, Pastave, Mystic, Enchi, Vanilla, 2 Cinnys, Bumblebee, 2 YB, 2 Spiders (1 het hypo), Lesser het hypo, 2 Pastels, Mojave ph hypo, Super Pastel, Superfly, Pinstripe, Spotnose ph VPI, and Albino.

My Boas- 1. Hypo het albino (Pierre'), .3 Anery het Albino (Avery, Ariel, Punky Bruster), 1.1 DH Snow (Jazmine, Sebastian), .1 het Albino (Cookie) 1.1 Sunglows

My Rosies- .1 Dome Rock (Ella, the one who started it all), .1 Albino Whitewater (Teeny), and 1. Otay Lake Unicolor (Cash)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SlitherinSisters View Post
    Those are some cool looking babies! I love looking at import pictures!

Here are some of the girls we got last year.

The big piggy, black back.

Our enchi imposter (she's more orangish than it shows)

Dark big eyed girl

The littlest girl (picky eater)

I don't have a picture of our last girl. She isn't anything special, but the top half of her eyes are green. So I call her Crazy Eyes.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dart View Post
    Here are some of the girls we got last year.

The big piggy, black back.

Our enchi imposter (she's more orangish than it shows)

Dark big eyed girl

The littlest girl (picky eater)

I don't have a picture of our last girl. She isn't anything special, but the top half of her eyes are green. So I call her Crazy Eyes.
    Very cool! I do love that black back girl!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SlitherinSisters For This Useful Post:

dart (05-29-2013)