Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,565

1 members and 3,564 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    I've been looking everywhere for 3 days. I can't even find a trace of it. I had people help me, I looked through every box and every hole and nothing. Can anyone give me some advice? I put a heatpad on the floor with a hide box hoping that it would go there to warm up. I left a small mouse in a box in a dark corner and nothing. I'm beggining to worry. Dave.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    what kind of snake is it? how is your basement set up?
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

Thanks

POST YER CHEAP HIDES

Check near around and in your furnace, water heater, dryer/dryer vent.

"I don't FEEL tardy . . ."

Thanks
    one of my corns got out the other day. I hadnt checked on her for 2 days so Im not sure how long she was out. I found her right away though. She was about three feet away from her enclosure right next to the wall. Keep in mind they dont tend to go far when they escape and they dont like to travel out in the open (check around walls).
    Now that being said, if it has been out three days that might be different but search real hard in the same room the enlcosure is in.
    good luck!
    1.0 Green tree python

Thanks
    She is a large ball python, I have a fairly large basement, she was in a room where we kept a lot of junk, I cleaned most of it up but came up empty handed. I looked everywhere in every hole and under everything. I followed all the warm pipes. Because our basement is over 2500 square feet, I think its going to take a lot to find her. The other problem is that we have a drop ceiliing that you can't just open to look into so she might have crawled into there. Im really distraught.

Thanks
    Try baiting a warm hide near a wall with her favorite food, and scattering baby powder or cornstarch on the floor so you can see tracks if she moves around. Good luck finding her!
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I've heard of snakes making it up the stairs and into rafters...but my guess is that if she's mature, then she will hopefully be less inclined to climb. Another trick to try is to lay down lots of crumpled newspaper everywhere, especially along the walls...then hang out down there through the night and listen to see if you can hear her rustling paper anywhere. I'm not really sure if that's a practical trick with such a huge basement, though.
    -- Judy

Thanks
    Its thursday, I've been up everynight to look for it, and still no snake in sight.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Saved a buck or two

Really sorry about this. I truly hope you find your snake. I cannot imagine how terrified you must be for your BP! Good luck & DON'T GIVE UP HOPE!!
    Life is like a game of poker. You can play each hand to the best of your ability but you are still going to run into a bad beat from time to time. What matters is how you handle it. Do you go on tilt or can you maintain your composure & rebuild your stack?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast