Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,817

0 members and 2,817 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Thread: Eyelash Vipers?

Thanks
    Hey all
    For those who are into hots I'm looking to get into hots in the future and so I figured I'd start learning the tricks to hots now as apposed to later on. I've started doing research on Eyelash Vipers as I hope to obtain one of these beautys sometime within the span of my life. I was just wondering how much one may cost Canadian pricing if at all possible. I found a pair of '03 babies one male and one female being sold $330 for the pair. I believe that was the American pricing. So I figured that one would be about $150-165 depending. Was just wondering if that was appropriately priced or under/over priced? Also any other links that might lead me into things such as venom type they are classed as and other links would be extremely helpful as I'd like to know as much as humanly possible on these little critters. Thanks for all your help.
    -Andrew
    RTB(bci)- Cleo
    BP- Tiger
    Tokay Gecko- Viscious
    In the works are a female BP for breeding. Carpets pythons notice the 's' as in more than one LOL. Amazon Tree Boa. Want also to get into hots but thats a side project that'll wait for a while.

Wanna chat add me soul_of_fire_in_death@hotmail.com
    or
    you could always just PM me.

Thanks

Not, a python but still sorta cool

yellow elv's are my favorite. just remember different hots have different charactoristics. a tree viper will stay on your hook, were a cobra or mamba will be all over the place. but even on the hook DON'T ever underestimate thier strike range. they pluck birds out of the sky. they can lunge far. no offence but if you are just starting off with hots, may i suggest something of the least potent venom, such as a copperhead. then work your way up. i am not trying to sound mean, but thats what i did.i was at a show a couple weeks ago and they were going for around $200 USD. each. for yellow, now x-mas ones and green ones will be a little cheaper. but if you are really deadset on them, get well established ones, a breeder told me sometimes you don't get a good feeding responce when they are young and have to force feed them pinkie heads. personally i don't believe in force feeding, if you are hungry eat if not the hell with ya you will eat sooner or later. do your homework and goodluck. if ya get some post some pic's;-)