Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,333

1 members and 2,332 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Menelas (42)

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD
    Thanks

Food...for the mice?

At the Petco up the street from me are two young guys that work there that know their snakes and reptiles.
    Anyway the one guy told me they get there bp's from GourmetRodent and they are suppose to be CBB but he feels like I do that some are WC or CB
    Anyway just wanted to share where my Petco gets there bp's from
    I found that some what interesting.
    It is nice to go up and chat with the guys. One has a few bp's and the other has 2 Burms and 2 retics.
    They are the reason the cages now have large water dishes and hides and some fake plants and they try and keep the bright over the cage lights off as much as possible. Every little bit helps
    ~ Johanna ~ aka Jody

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be measured by the way it's animals are treated"
    ~ Mahatma Gandhi~

Thanks
    It makes a big difference when the people working at the pet stores actually keep reptiles themselves. You can tell when you walk into a store whether they do or not.

Thanks
    Thats good to hear. Alot of the petco's are horrible about their herps. Ive noticed the one near me has an excellent aquatics section, and a very small, but soso herps section. I have heard all sorts of horror stories though...
    1.0 Green tree python

Thanks
    THe one near me thought my Ball Python was a Boa.........Oh and they thought my Burm was a Boa also......and the funny thing is.......I had both with me at the SAME time.....oh well LOL
    Don Meyer

0.1.2 Savanna Monitors
    0.0.1 Dwarf Caimens
    0.0.1 Bullfrogs
    0.1.0 Ball Pythons
    0.0.1 Leopard Gecko
    0.0.1 American Toad
    0.0.1 Wolf Spider

Visit my forums @ http://varanids.rwh.excellhosting.net/forum

Thanks
    We got to hear some pet store employees get chewed a new one by the owner last time we were in there (was a mom'n'pop not a huge chain) - promising them that they WOULD stay until cages were clean and waterbowls filled and dead lizards and fish removed. Man he was IRATE - I felt sorry for the girls there a LITTLE BIT (they are always extra helpful . . well most of em) but glad to see that there was thought there that went BEYOND pure profit - even if it possibly stemmed from concerns on appearance and presentation.

"I don't FEEL tardy . . ."

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    The one near me is awful IMO, I was there to get some f/t mice and checked out the herp section and I just wanted to take them all home. Awful conditions. Not as bad as another 'privately owned' store I go to for my dog's food. The last time I was there I freaked out on the staff and then asked to see the manager b/c they had tons of baby BP's all lumped together in 2 small tanks. 3 of them were severly dehydrated and the rest were in terrible condition in general. They also had 6 or 7 baby burms and every single one of them were heaped together in the one small water disk in the tank...what does that tell you?? I was livid and told them I will never shop there again......
    ~Caren~
    "Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." Confucius
    1.0 Other Half - Mark, 0.1 Child - Samantha
    1.0.2 BP:Smitty,Sophie,Unamed One, 1.1 Cali King:Serpico,Simone
    1.2 Canines, 0.2 Felines
    1.1 RES Turtles - Thomas & Thomasina

Thanks
    I have a Petco half a mile from my house, I shop at one wich is 30 minutes away becuase I can't stand the people or the conditions at the one by my house. Some petco's are ok, some should go out of buisness. I was just in San Diego last week, and Petco has their world headquarters there, well they named the ball park there Petco Park, I found it kinda humorous.