Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 948

2 members and 946 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Corn Snake Injury. Help?!?

Pics not working for me, idk if its cuz I'm on a phone or not.. Vet can help best as we all know. Idk how you can get the pic up tho. I had a rat bite my first ball ages ago gave him a cut that wasn't deep an healed on its own but that was a smaller shallow cut. You may wanna switch to something like paper towels until the cut is closed tho to keep substrate out of it an keep it clean. Not sure what ointments are best, sorry, but I know don't use ones with the pain killing or numbing agents in them. Can't think of anything else I hope you get it fixed tho!
    Normals 1.3
    Spider .1
    Carpet Python .1
    Dog APBT .1

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    While I understand the emergency and the panic you might be in, however one of the best thing for you would be to get answer to your questions and for that the best thing is to:

1 Create your own thread

2 Be patient and wait for answer (No need to create multiple identical threads)

3 Avoid spamming multiple threads (6 of them) with something that is irrelevant to those specific threads which people will overlook and likely not answer.

All posts have been merged now been.

Now in the mean time, rinse the wound with betadine, replace your substrate with clean paper towel and make an appointment with an HERP vet, if your snake is “badly injured" it needs to be evaluated.

And keep the cat and kids aways from the snake.
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 05-12-2013 at 12:23 PM.
    Deborah Stewart

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

BHReptiles (05-11-2013),DooLittle (05-11-2013)

Thanks

Re: Corn Snake Injury. Help?!?

Upload the picture to a site like Photobucket or Imageshack. Post the "direct link" here.

Switch your snake to newspaper and keep the tank hospital clean. You want it as sterile as possible to help ward off infection.

Do not apply that ointment. Just keep the wound clean.

If it's as bad as you think and making you panic, please take the snake to a reptile vet.

Thanks

guys, im sure hes learned his lesson, stop raggin on him. hes got an injured snake and is asking for help. not judgement.

use photobucket and post a DL on here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tannerrrtx View Post
    guys, im sure hes learned his lesson, stop raggin on him. hes got an injured snake and is asking for help. not judgement.

use photobucket and post a DL on here.
    I'm not judging...just giving helpful advice.

Thanks
    First off, breath and take a moment to calm down. I second the advice given above but there are a couple things I'd like to add. Along with the betadine cleaning of the wound and the paper towels, make sure that you put easy to clean hides in there as well. The reason he burrowed right into his substrate is he is injured and looking for a place to feel secure and heal. Even if you have to take plastic bowls and cut an entrance into them, make sure he has hides. If you lower his stress levels, it will give him the best shot at healing. This includes leaving him alone except for wound cleaning and making sure others in the house do so as well.

Get some pictures up but from what you're describing (and the fact it's not bleeding) it sounds like some scales and maybe the top layer of skin came off. If that's the case, chances are the wound looks worse than it is. Corns are extremely hardy but on the other hand, if you are not sure how serious it is which, from the panicking tone, you aren't, you need to get him to a vet. It doesn't take long for infection to set in and the fact he's burrowed under the substrate opens him up to more infection unfortunately. Even a standard small animal vet should be able to take care of a minor wound on a snake so call and get an appointment.
    Ball Pythons: 1.1 Pastave (Regulus and Ceti), 0.1 Albino (Aria), 0.1 Lesser (Daenerys), 0.1 Mojave (Sangria), 1.0 Enchi Pastel (Declan), 0.1 Normal (Sydney), 1.0 Lesser pos. het Clown/Pied (Loki), 1.0 het Clown pos. het lavender albino (Liam), 0.2 het Clown (Cara and Milly)

Corn Snakes: 1.0 Blizzard (Flurry)

Other: 0.1 Bearded Dragon (Faranth), 0.1 Russian Tortoise (Henry), 1.1 Dogs (Floppy and Lucy), 2.1 Cats (Jack, Brando, and Godiva), 1 Very Understanding Husband

Thanks
    I wonder how the snek turned out? Dude did a total drive by as it looks like he's never been back.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123