Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,816

1 members and 2,815 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

My first ball python :D

This is my first ballpython and I've named him Simba. He is a spider ball python with some wicked markings, I fell right in love with him.

Oh, and he is about to shed, the camera didn't pick up his color really well, he is a bit more creme.

He have a complete double stripe down his body, it only crosses once, and these strange creme striped down his sides by the neck, and some brown striping at the sides of the neck, that the pictures sadly don't show very well. You can see the start of them on the head shot, and two dollops of the same on the second pic.

I took these real fast when I got home, didn't want to stress him out too much. I will take more pictures later on.

Thanks
    Pretty boy! Congrats! A spider is on my list.
    1.1 Ball Pythons
    a) Calliope 0.1, Banana Ball, 2018/19 season, 600g
    b) Geralt 1.0 Chocolate Sable Mojave pos. Trick ball, May 27th 2020

3.2 Cats (Fury, Leviathan, Walter, Chell, Amelie); 2.0 Dogs (Bjorn, Anubis); 2.1 Ferrets (Bran, Tormund, Arya); 0.1 Beardie (Nefertiti); 0.1 Slider Turtle (Species uncertain) (Papaya); 2.0 Hermit Crabs (Tamatoa, Sushi); 0.1 Conure (Mauii); Two Axolotyls (Quetzl and Unnamed); Two Tree Frogs (Pluto and Colossus); One Anole (Zeus); One Crestie (Noferatu); 3.0 Guinea Pigs (Paco, Poncho and Piccolo); 0.1 Pink Toe T (Azula)

Fish:
    1.1 Oscar Cichlids (Rocky 1.0, hx2020, Red Fire, and Bubble 0.1, hx2019, Tiger), 1.1 Convict Cichlids (Hurley and Sloane), 0.1 Strawberry Peacock Cichlid (Comet), Two Plecos, Rubby the Rubbernose Pleco and Trinidad the common Pleco, 2.0 Upside Down Catfish (Poseidon, Neptune), One Red Parrot Cichlid (Firefly), 1.0 Betta Fish (Jenkins),
    2.2 Cherry Barbs ("The Worst"), 1.0 Electric Blue Acara (Goldeneye)

Thanks

Re: My first ball python :D

Nice spider! Welcome to the addiction! Hope you've done your homework on how to care for these great animals.
    TheSnakeGuy

- Python Regius -
    1.0 Spider Mojave - "Tweak"
    0.1 Mystic Pastel - "Oracle"

Wish List . . . .someday
    Lavender Albino Pied(Dreamsicle) Ball Python
    2. Albino Burmese Python
    3. Mystic Potion Ball Python(Breeders)

Thanks

I've never seen a spider look like that! Amazing catch. Welcome to the Addiction!

Thanks

My first ball python :D

Very nice guy you've got! Spiders are awesome and goofy enjoy!
    Normals 1.3
    Spider .1
    Carpet Python .1
    Dog APBT .1

Thanks

Thank you guys! Yeah, he is really special, I will try to take better pics in a few days after I've let him calm down some. He was up pretty much all night inspecting his new home, so he is really tired now and I don't want to bother him.

I've done a lot of homework yeah ^^ his hotspot is a little warm, 93 f, but he has a nice middle zone and cold zone, so I think he'll be ok.
    He has the best temperament ever, you can touch his neck all the way up to his head and he don't coil or react. His tongue goes in and out, inspecting and looking at his environment pretty constantly when I held him, showing that he is alert and healthy. He was so nice and calm the whole trip home, laying in my lap inside his bag with his head at the opening, looking out.

I'm pretty much beat tired today as well, I left home just before 7 in the morning, and came home 11 in the evening, but yeah, totally worth it. He is a handsome boy, and he will hopefully father some nice Lesserbees, perhaps a queen be if I'm lucky and find 'the right lady' for him, and in the future, my dream project - Nuclear spider Those are insanely pretty.

But I needed to start somewhere, and this guy caught my eyes and I was like; You! It will be YOU, pretty boy! xD

Thanks
    Thanked 1,179 Times in 625 Posts
    Congrats on a lovely start to the addiction

Thanks

Here is another pair of pics of him that I took just now, I don't take him out more than once a day, it's most often when I clean out the box:

He has done number two, pissed and drinked plenty of water since he came here. When he came here I though he would shed, because he was dry in the skin, but after a few dips in the waterbowl and some high moisture thanks to the big bowl, he is all smooth again. So either he was just dry, or he will shed soon enough. I'll just have to wait and see.
    Last edited by bunnykit; 04-22-2013 at 12:29 PM.

Thanks

That is one crazy patterned spider! Anyone else have any input on that pattern?:-D

Sent from my ADR6410LRA using Tapatalk 2

Thanks
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 952 Posts

Congrats! Even those turned off by the potential for "head wobble" in the spider gene can't ignore the fact that they have such a cool pattern! Yours is a beaut!
    - Greg

Visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/412Balls/

or our website: http://412balls.weebly.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast