Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,033

1 members and 3,032 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts

B. vagans and other stuff

This is my first T and the start of a new addiction, I think! :p

I got this package of goodies from a fellow member, 3skulls, and he was a pleasure to work with.

Nice packing job:

Heat pack kept everything nice and warm. (He included an invoice too which was nice, i didnt take a pic of it though).

This is a bag of pre-mixed substrate i got from him. Its a mix of woods and leaves that he cleans and bakes. He didn't skimp out either. He packed that gallon bag pretty full.

Small dubia colony i got from him. I think i was supposed to get like 50. I didn't bother counting them, theres was at least 50 in there lol.

It surprised me how fast these lil buggers moved. The adults freaked me out a bit but the smaller ones were cute. Yes, i played with them for a little while:

Now for the T lol. This is the lil container i got set up for it:

Unpacking the T:

I prodded him out of the little roll an hes the cutest lil thing ever. Surprised me a bit how quick he was too though. I guess I'm too used to bps that are pet rocks for the most part lol. I wasnt really afraid of the roaches or the T, just didn't want to lose them in my room. Good call doing the unboxing in an empty tub, 3skulls. Once i got used to how he moved i was fine though. I coaxed him into his enclosure. He paused on the edge for a minute for me:

And one final pic of him in his new home:

I can't wait for him to settle in and start arranging his new home.
    Sooo this is my first T so everything seemed pretty well packed to me. The only suggestion I'd make to 3skulls is to use packing tape instead of scotch tape to seal the containers. Other than that everything seemed perfect. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again! Thanks again, Rich!
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike41793 For This Useful Post:

3skulls (04-10-2013),pookie! (04-12-2013)

Thanks

Yay I've been waiting too see! I think in a week ill make one too .
    Normals 1.3
    Spider .1
    Carpet Python .1
    Dog APBT .1

4. The Following User Says Thank You to carlson For This Useful Post:

Mike41793 (04-10-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,184 Posts

Welcome to the Addiction

Really glad everything made it there safe and sound. Any questions that you may have, ask away. As you know I don't mind talking Ts or roaches :p

Good call on the tape. I was going to throw some packing tape on there but forgot. Had the scotch tape on the desk.

I'll be following to see how they do.

One thing you might notice in with your dubia. When stressed, the females might drop their oothecas. If you see any in there, its from shipping.
    I threw in some extra males because they are the shortest lived. I did throw in a couple that just finished their final molt for you.

Business went very smooth on my end as well. It was a pleasure Sir.

Thanks again!!
    Enjoy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carlson View Post
    Yay I've been waiting too see! I think in a week ill make one too .
    Definitely do! Are you getting dubias from him too? And you're getting 2 T's, right? I was actually more amused playing with them than anything else lol.
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike41793 View Post
    Definitely do! Are you getting dubias from him too? And you're getting 2 T's, right? I was actually more amused playing with them than anything else lol.
    Yep getting dubias and a rose and golden knee can't wait for them. Still sketched about roaches the hissers help a little
    Normals 1.3
    Spider .1
    Carpet Python .1
    Dog APBT .1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 3skulls View Post
    Really glad everything made it there safe and sound. Any questions that you may have, ask away. As you know I don't mind talking Ts or roaches :p

Good call on the tape. I was going to throw some packing tape on there but forgot. Had the scotch tape on the desk.

One thing you might notice in with your dubia. When stressed, the females might drop their oothecas. If you see any in there, its from shipping.
    I threw in some extra males because they are the shortest lived. I did throw in a couple that just finished their final molt for you.
    Of course! I still plan to get at least a GBB at the expo at the end of the month. Who knows, maybe more

Yep, that was the only thing that came to mind. Everything else seemed fine to me.

Whats an ootheca? The males are the ones with the big wings, correct?
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Thanks

Yep getting dubias and a rose and golden knee can't wait for them. Still sketched about roaches the hissers help a little
    Idk about hissers but these dubias are adorable. Like i said, the adults were kinda creepy, but the ones that were like quarter sized and smaller were so cute. If you need some substrate for your enclosures get a bag of premix from him too.
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Thanks

I just have a glass bottom for hissers, I got Eco earth for the Ts. Hoping the dubia can have bare tank too? There going in a ten gallon they can't climb glass right?
    Normals 1.3
    Spider .1
    Carpet Python .1
    Dog APBT .1

Thanks
    Thanked 1,789 Times in 1,214 Posts

Re: B. vagans and other stuff

Yay! He's 'dorbs!!! You'll find yourself addicted soon enough and be getting more, glad you finally got into em.
    Balls:
    *0.1 Mojave *0.1 Pinstripe *0.1 Bumblebee *1.0 Super pastel butter *1.0 Mojave orange ghost *0.3 100% het orange ghosts *0.1 Pastel 50% het orange ghost *1.1 PE Lemonback fires *1.0 Fire *0.1 Pastel *1.0 Albino *0.1 Spider 100% het albino
    Other critters:
    *1.0 Anery motley corn *G. rosea tarantula *G. pulchripes *P. metallica *0.0.2 A. versicolor *C. cyaneopubescens *A. geniculata *B. smithi *B. boehmei *Nhandu chromatus *H. maculata *C. marshalli *1.0 Australian shepherd mix

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Coleslaw007 For This Useful Post:

Mike41793 (04-10-2013)

Thanks

I just have a glass bottom for hissers, I got Eco earth for the Ts. Hoping the dubia can have bare tank too? There going in a ten gallon they can't climb glass right?
    Yep, i was talking about substrate for the T's. eco earth works fine too though.
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast