Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,000

1 members and 2,999 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Registered User Quantum Constrictors's Avatar
    Thanks

Awesome video streaming app for cellphones/tablets!!

Im usually home all the time for the last few months and usually dont leave my 10 month old bulldog home alone. Well today I had to leave her and my sisters pug home alone. So I got wondering if I could stream video from my laptops webcam to my cellphone so I can check in on them.

Well I found an AMAZING app called iCam. Its available for Android and Apple users. For only $5. Yes, FIVE dollars! All you need to do is go to their website and download the software onto the computer with a webcam and input a username and password that your cellphone connects too. THATS IT!

So you run the software, input a unique user name and password and hit start. It connects to your WIFI and starts streaming.

So now you pull up the app on your phone. Input the username and password you made on the computer and BAM there is the webcam stream!

On your cellphones end it works over WiFi/3g/4g/EDGE and at home like I said it just uses your WiFi (or ethernet if you dont have wireless internet)

Even better is that is will also transmit audio to your cellphone from the webcam. It also has motion detection and will send a notification to your phone if it detects motion. It can also be set up to take a set of still photos when it detects movement. Also you can have up to 4 cameras on at once!

Oh and if you dont have your cellphone on you. You can go to their website and view the webcam over any browser as long as you have the unique username and password! You can even share that page with a link at the bottom.

Also if you have a independent camera that has pan/tilt/zoom the app can control all those features as well.

The only negative thing I have to say about it is that the program was having problems with my router and would only stream video to anything connect on my WiFi network. All I had to do was go into my router and port forward the ports that were not working and it worked perfectly. Which if that happens to anyone else it is defiantly not hard to figure out how to forward ports on a router. It probably only happened because I have a cheap no name router.

But other than that I give this app a 5/5 even with that small problem because it was on my end not the apps fault.

This app has great potential. Like sticking your laptop or webcam in front of your incubator or a female snake thats about to lay. Home security. Cheating spouse. Husband cheating on his diet. Make sure that new puppy you just brought home is safe. Watch your snakes do nothing while you are at work. Watch the cat plot to take over the world. What ever!

I mean $5 is nothing these days for something that gives you peace of mind.

I recommend it to everyone!
    - Joey

No snakes anymore!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quantum Constrictors For This Useful Post:

KMG (04-05-2013),Neal (06-30-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts

I thought of like 3 uses immediately that the makers of this app did not intend it for...
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike41793 For This Useful Post:

Coleslaw007 (04-05-2013),HypoLyf (04-18-2013)

Registered User Quantum Constrictors's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Awesome video streaming app for cellphones/tablets!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike41793 View Post
    I thought of like 3 uses immediately that the makers of this app did not intend it for...
    I did too LOL
    - Joey

No snakes anymore!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts

I should probably go now before I get an infraction... Very good post though Joey!
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Awesome video streaming app for cellphones/tablets!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike41793 View Post
    Ahaha. I wonder if we had the same ideas. My first thing entirely that came to mind was to record my own homemade getting it on videos, was that one? And the others are in that same category, lol.
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)