Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,778

1 members and 2,777 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull

Thread: Moving

Thanks
    In the next 2 weeks I will be moving from my current apartment into my very own house, I was wondering what is the best and less stressfull to move my snakes to the new house. The new house is about a 30 minute ride from where I live now. I have thought about either leaving them in their enclosures and placing the enclosure on the back seat of my truck and putting something over their cages to keep them "hidden" so to speak. Or would it be better to remove them from the enclousres and place them into a pillow case each and then put them back into the enclosure when I arrive at the new house. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
    Da Wolf

"The strength of the pack is in the wolf. The strength of the wolf is in the pack." Rudyard Kipling 1894

1.0 Ball Python (Zeus)
    1.0 Jungle Python (Apollo)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I have done this. I put some blankets on top of the cages as not to stress them out by all the movement. And also to keep it dark. You could keep them in their enclosures but a pillow case will work too. I think you idea with the pillow case will work good. But i just say to keep them in thier own enclosures and have a little bit of water in a bowl just in case they gets thirsty.
    Thanks,
    Damien
    0.1 2001 Ball Python 1200 grams.
    1.0 1994 Ball Python 3800 Grams.

Thanks
    I moved my buddy from Nashville to Chicago - I removed anything from the enclosure that was likely to shift during the trip, belted his enclosure into the back seat and covered it with some towels. He pretty much stayed in his hide for the whole seven hour trip and ate four days later. Another way to move them though is to put them in empty pillow cases, they like the feeling of security. If it's only a half an hour drive though I'd just be sure to remove anything that would shift in the enclosure and strap em in the back seat You could even put them in a pillow case - in their enclosures.
    1.0 Ball Python [Icculus]
    >>>>Looking for a vet?<<<<
    http://www.herpvetconnection.com/
    http://www.arav.org

Thanks

the Humidifier on diy page

Quote Originally Posted by wolfman38
    Or would it be better to remove them from the enclousres and place them into a pillow case each and then put them back into the enclosure when I arrive at the new house. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
    How are your snakes currently set up? If you can, you may want to move them into temporary rubbermaid-style setups for a day or so &amp; go ahead and move their main enclosures to the new location so that you can set them up &amp; give temps time to stabilize, etc. You can keep the snakes in the rubbermaids to move them, or bag them &amp; put them in styro boxes. Just keep a very close eye on the temperatures they're exposed to in the moving process.

K