Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,387

0 members and 1,387 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Rescued Normal Girl

My sister in law contacted me a couple weeks ago about a bp up for 'sale'. I contacted the owner and went to see her Tuesday. I was told 'he' was 3 years old, ate every time, and was a very friendly snake. When the owner brought 'him' out, 'he' was covered in stuck shed, thin (though not nearly as bad as some) and was about a third of the size I'd expected. 'He' turned out to be a she and was another victim of bad pet store advice. I picked her up today and just got her settled in a quarantine tub on the opposite side of the house from my guys. She's a sweetheart and surprisingly enough, I can feel follicles despite her weighing in at only 548 g. Obviously, she won't be bred this year but looking forward to see how she comes along and fills out. Coming home, I noticed a slight clicking every once in awhile as she breathed and after the pictures, I got the stuck shed off her nose. We won't talk about what came out... Doesn't look like she has an RI but I still have her humidity up and temps around 93 on the hot side to make sure. The lady's daughter renamed her Sydney after finding out he was a she and asked that I keep the name so here she is. Once she's cleaned up and a bit more plump, I'll post more.

Both eyes are 'cracked' and after some soaking, the eye cap came off the worse one. The eye underneath has a slight haze and an indentation in the center. We'll see how it develops. I'm not seeing any infection but that's another thing I'm keeping a close eye on.

Last edited by Dracoluna; 03-24-2013 at 01:22 PM.
    Ball Pythons: 1.1 Pastave (Regulus and Ceti), 0.1 Albino (Aria), 0.1 Lesser (Daenerys), 0.1 Mojave (Sangria), 1.0 Enchi Pastel (Declan), 0.1 Normal (Sydney), 1.0 Lesser pos. het Clown/Pied (Loki), 1.0 het Clown pos. het lavender albino (Liam), 0.2 het Clown (Cara and Milly)

Corn Snakes: 1.0 Blizzard (Flurry)

Other: 0.1 Bearded Dragon (Faranth), 0.1 Russian Tortoise (Henry), 1.1 Dogs (Floppy and Lucy), 2.1 Cats (Jack, Brando, and Godiva), 1 Very Understanding Husband

Thanks

Rescued Normal Girl

Hope she gets better fast for you! Four out of six of my snakes are rescues, little time love n lots of rats
    Normals 1.3
    Spider .1
    Carpet Python .1
    Dog APBT .1

3. The Following User Says Thank You to carlson For This Useful Post:

Dracoluna (03-24-2013)

Thanks
    Poor girl! Thanks for taking her in, hope she does well with you.
    Chloe
    0.1 Het Hypo- Indy
    The cup is useful because of it's emptiness

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Capray For This Useful Post:

Dracoluna (03-24-2013)

Thanks
    Well, in 2 hours with the increased humidity and heat, she's gotten most of the stuck shed off her body, her 'better' eye still has the cap on but it's no longer indented, and she's definitely looking better. I'm going to give her a rat tonight and then I'll snap pics later this week again once she's fully settled in. Didn't hear a single click/rattle/wheeze either so let's hope it was just the stuck shed. I've never had an RI in my snakes and I'd like to keep it that way...
    Ball Pythons: 1.1 Pastave (Regulus and Ceti), 0.1 Albino (Aria), 0.1 Lesser (Daenerys), 0.1 Mojave (Sangria), 1.0 Enchi Pastel (Declan), 0.1 Normal (Sydney), 1.0 Lesser pos. het Clown/Pied (Loki), 1.0 het Clown pos. het lavender albino (Liam), 0.2 het Clown (Cara and Milly)

Corn Snakes: 1.0 Blizzard (Flurry)

Other: 0.1 Bearded Dragon (Faranth), 0.1 Russian Tortoise (Henry), 1.1 Dogs (Floppy and Lucy), 2.1 Cats (Jack, Brando, and Godiva), 1 Very Understanding Husband

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Glad she found you! She'll look good in no time!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    What a pretty thing. Even under all that shed, she looks lovely. Hope no RI, it seems stuck shed around the face is somewhat commonly a cause of odd sounds, experienced something similar before. Whatever it was went away once the shed was fixed!
    1.0 Het Piebald (Lycaeus)
    1.0 Spider (V "Fawkes")
    0.1 Piebald (Fia)
    0.2 Pastel (Chalcomede & Daeneyrs "Dany")
    0.1 orangebelly (Secha "Veruca Salt")

R.I.P my babies
    Texas luecistic ratsnake (Ripley) 0.1
    Ball Python (Ariadne) 0.1
    Ball Python (Montreal) 1.0