Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,969

2 members and 2,967 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Registered User Quantum Constrictors's Avatar
    Thanks

Pewter....Belly? Putting the spot light on Maya.

You have all seen her before but I thought I would make a thread for her and finally talk to you all about her.

I bought her as a 2012 Pewter Possible Yellow Belly with a yellow paradox. Dad was a Pewter suspected YB (and from his online records I believe he had a yellow paradox as well) and mother was a Cinna Bee.

Now he cant tell for sure and he hasnt proven it yet but he thinks they may or may not be a Pewter Belly.

I have talked to a few people about her 3 are pretty damn sure she is a Pewter Belly. 2 others were iffy.

What do you all think about her :

Breeder pictures

When I un boxed her

This months photoshoot

All I can say is I hope she proves yellowbelly and that she was a STEAL at $250 LOL
    - Joey

No snakes anymore!

Thanks

Re: Pewter....Belly? Putting the spot light on Maya.

for yellowbelly, belly shots are a must.... belly pattern and pattern around the belly are normally the clearest sign. But the belly appears to be just white and the lower sides seem white as well. Strange. But it also doesnt look like a typical pewter, it looks very light-colored. but i would say very light pewter with paradox, not really yellowbelly pewter.

i would keep & breed it. Yellow paradox passed on from dad to son, really? do you have breeder pics of the parents, and the paradox?

Thanks
    Interesting critter, whatever it may or may not be. I would presume the surest way to prove out the YB is to buy a male Ivory, breed them, and see if any more Ivories pop out. If not, than you at least know that the offspring are all going to be YB something.
    I also looked at some Pewter Bellies on Google and I'm curious to know what their bellies look like (if their are any folks who have one, I think belly shots are in order) because they seem to have clear stomachs to me but I've yet to see so who knows. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    The Ball Pythons
    0.1 2002 normal "Noodle", 1.0 2011 albino "Mosh", 0.1 2011 pinstripe "Pepper", 1.0 2009 lesser "Cato, 0.1 2010 spider "Phoebe", 1.0 2011 pastel 50% het. hypo "Toad", 0.1 2012 black pewter "Pomona", 0.1 2013 kingpin "Marvel", 0.0.7 lesserxspider eggs

The Others
    0.1 2013 p. baroni "Hyacinth", 0.1 2013 CB g. oxycephala "Laurasia", 1.0 2013 T+ albino p. brongersmai "Reinhardt", 1.0 2012 CH g. oxycephala "Gondwana"

The Dearly Departed
    0.1 2012-2013 hypo black pastel "Dexter"

Registered User Quantum Constrictors's Avatar
    Thanks
    This was from the breeders website : (quote and pictures directly from ballpythonaddictions website)

We recently hatched a 4 egg clutch from a Graziani Pewter to a Yellowbelly (Het Ivory), which yielded 1.2 Pewters and 0.1 Yellowbelly. Odds dictate that the yellow belly morph should in theory be inherited by half the clutch. To date, no research of ours has revealed what a Pewter Yellowbelly would look like. We are not aware of any being produced. We searched the litter for the common markers of the yellow belly trait which are faded heads, side flames and checked sides in the side of the belly. With the Pewters reduced sides, no flames or checkering is evident. One particular female that hatched, had a really faded head, almost looked purple pre-shed. We suspect that she may be a Pewter Yellowbelly. One Pewter male in the litter came out with a cool little yellow splash not common with the Pewter morph. Yellowbellies have been known to do some strange things when bred to with certain morphs. We are going to hold this litter back to test breed it.
    Note* This quote was from 2009.

This is the male from the clutch and who I believe is her father :

Last edited by Quantum Constrictors; 03-23-2013 at 09:03 PM.
    - Joey

No snakes anymore!

Thanks

Re: Pewter....Belly? Putting the spot light on Maya.

Can't really say without belly shots but either way she is beautiful
    0.1 Human Offspring
    0.1 Normal Ball Python
    0.0.6 Fire Belly Toads
    1.0 Pomeranian
    0.1 Pug

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I don't know, typically yellow belly really messes with the pattern near the belly. They both look like typical pewters to me