Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,615

1 members and 1,614 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ok, i am narrowing down my choices between a new snake, so i want to see what you all think the best snake is for me, heres a lil background info

i have two snake, one ball python and one corn snake. i have had the corn snake since two christmas's ago, and then the ball python the august after. the corn snake was a baby then, so its about a year and a half to 2 years, same with the ball python.

i am assuming they are both males, not sure though, my corn snake has always fed, never once not fed, but my ball python did not eat for a coule of weeks at a time, then ate a mouse, then stopped, and so on and so forth. but he ate last week, so i will try to feed him in a couple days to see if he eats.

my corn snake has had perfect sheds every time except for one time, when i went on a vacation for 2 weeks, and my grandma (taking care of them and other pets) didnt know to raise humidity becasue i did not tell her, for i didnt know he'd go into shed

my ball python has had all good sheds, and 2 bad sheds, both of them were my fault, i didnt realize the humidity had to be higher (i had it at 60%, it should have been at 70%0, but they were not "horrible" bad sheds, minor ones

none of them have had any health problems, and have been healthy ever since i got them. i did A LOT of research on both of them before i got them, which i will do with which ever the new snake is.

*drum roll* and the three snakes i have narrowed it down to are......

a wonderful, amazing...JCP

a beautiful, sweet Hogg Island Boa

and last but not least....a smaller, snake..a Childrens Python

now, i would like to know which ONE you think is best for me, thanks

(i dont really care that much between any, they are all great snakes)

Thanks
    The three you mentioned are all fairly equal in husbandry difficulty, so the major factor would be size. And you of all people know best when it comes to that. If you want another fairly easy snake go with the Hogg. I'm not too fond of their appearance and would personally prefer a JCP.
    C.E.H. 12/14/86 ---> 12/23/03
    1.1 BCI
    0.1 Diamond x Jungle Carpet Python

eminent clothing

Quote Originally Posted by QuenteK25
    If you want another fairly easy snake go with the Hogg. I'm not too fond of their appearance and would personally prefer a JCP.

are you saying go for the hogg or the JCP, im confused by that

Thanks
    Yeah that was a bit confusing. It depends on the size you are goin for. The JCP will outgrow the Hogg, if you can handle a JCP then go for it. Just make sure you do your research.
    1.1 BCI

eminent clothing

Thanks
    Oh and here is an EXCELLENT Carpet Python care sheet. http://www.acreptiles.com/carpet_python_care.htm
    1.1 BCI

eminent clothing

im thinking more to a Hogg Island just because of the size, my parents might not like that too much, i dont mind it.

does anyone know how much a hogg island normally goes for?

Thanks
    I vote you go with Hogg - but JCPs are really pretty too!
    1.0 Ball Python [Icculus]
    >>>>Looking for a vet?<<<<
    http://www.herpvetconnection.com/
    http://www.arav.org

Banned
    Thanks
    Hogg for sure.

yeah, im voting for a hogg right now, just dont know how much they cost, i was gunna call Regal's today at my grandmas becasue she has unlimited long distance......but i fell asleep. lol

ill call sometime or another.

so.....if you want.....you can post pictures :wink: :wink: :wink:

Thanks
    I was doing some research for you and myself and found some good looking ones on www.redtailboas.net. Clay English sells them, I don't know how reputable he is, but all of his animals are gorgeous IMO. He doesn't have any Hoggs in stock right now, but I looked at the prices and they are all $195.00 with shipping included. That's a pretty good price, I guess. Others will be able to tell you better than I can. I hope this helps!
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast