Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,502

2 members and 2,500 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

t- 8 questionas...again

Ok not sure if it's the site, my computer or provider but something sucks right now lol. I can post threads but not reply and not pm or it lock up. Anyway Is a
    t-8 with difider big enough for 2 adults or would I ultimately need a second unit? If I gow with a single set up with flexwatt on right what size rhp would I need and where located? If I go with the dual set up what would I need (flexwatt size loc. rhp size qty etc) for proper heat and humidity. I don't mind spending money for a good set up but don't want to waste it on stuff I don't need. I was thinking of going with flexwatt on both sides an rhp on both sides and 2 t-stat for greatest flexibility.

Thanks

t- 8 questionas...again

Yes a T8 with a divider is enough to house two adult ball pythons. I have heard one exception is if you have an exceptionally large female, but I have heard this is extremely rare. With my T8 I went with heat tape and two 28 watt RHP's, one on each side.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by martin82531; 03-18-2013 at 08:23 PM.
    0.0.1 Normal Ball Python
    1.0 Albino Ball Python
    0.1 Het Snow BCI
    1.0 Lesser Ball Python

Thanks

t- 8 questionas...again

Also you would want your heat tape in the middle if you are going to house two balls. You can ask AP to cut a slot for the tstat probe in the middle.

0.0.1 Normal Ball Python
    1.0 Albino Ball Python
    0.1 Het Snow BCI
    1.0 Lesser Ball Python

Thanks

Re: t- 8 questionas...again

So you have flexwatt in the middle an rhp on each side and flourescent light on each side? If the t-stat probe is regulating the flexwatt what controls the rhps? Do you just have those on a rheostat? Thanks for all the help.

Thanks

t- 8 questionas...again

Quote Originally Posted by nighttrain_1991 View Post
    So you have flexwatt in the middle an rhp on each side and flourescent light on each side? If the t-stat probe is regulating the flexwatt what controls the rhps? Do you just have those on a rheostat? Thanks for all the help.
    Correct, I have heat tape in the middle and a RHP on both sides. I have a herpstat 1 controlling the tape and I use two hydrofarm thermostats controlling the RHP's. I prefer a proportional thermostat like the herpstat to control the heat tape, because I want this temp to be more precise. I use the RHP's to help with ambient temps, RHP's will not have a huge impact on ambient temps but for me, it was enough to create ambient temps of 80-82 degrees. With that said, I already had the hydrofarms from a previous setup and didn't mind a couple degree temp swing using an off/on thermostat since my ambient temps always stay in optimal range. If money allows, a herpstat 4 could be used to control both the heat tape and two RHP's.

The probes that control my RHP's, I drilled a hole on each side, in the middle of each side of where a BP was going to be housed. I picked up some cable mounts from Amazon to hold them in place. Anything adhesive is not recommended inside enclosure, so I put a screw through the middle to keep the mount in place. I also filled the hole that the probe is placed through with glue from a hot glue gun to prevent the probe from coming out of the enclosure.

Here are some pictures on how I mounted my RHP probes.

Last edited by martin82531; 03-18-2013 at 08:54 PM.
    0.0.1 Normal Ball Python
    1.0 Albino Ball Python
    0.1 Het Snow BCI
    1.0 Lesser Ball Python

Thanks

t- 8 questionas...again

Also lights are not needed for balls but I wanted to get them anyways. I use Reptisun 2.0 bulbs that are on a automatic 12 hour on/off timer.

Last edited by martin82531; 03-18-2013 at 09:07 PM.
    0.0.1 Normal Ball Python
    1.0 Albino Ball Python
    0.1 Het Snow BCI
    1.0 Lesser Ball Python

Thanks

Re: t- 8 questionas...again

Looks like a nice set up--guess I need to decide If I'm going to get that female or not. Thanks a lot for all of your help.