Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,628

4 members and 1,624 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks
    Found this in the paper last week. (Just remembered it, as I am loaded with CRS. )

28 poisonous snakes are seized from 3

05/19/2004

ST. LOUIS COUNTY

State officials on Monday seized 28 venomous snakes alleged to be illegally in the possession of three men in south St. Louis County who were selling the animals from a pet shop and their home.

The Missouri Department of Conservation had investigated the group for about two weeks.

Regional supervisor Chris Morrow said an undercover conservation agent sold a snake to the pet store owner and then another agent bought it the next day.

On Monday, an acquaintance of the pet store owner sold nine more snakes to another undercover agent from his home. The snakes were various cottonmouths, copperheads and rattlesnakes, including the endangered pigmy rattlesnake and Eastern Massasauga rattlesnake.

State law requires a class 2 dealer's license to possess Missouri-native venomous snakes. The snakes must be bought from another licensed vendor. They may not be caught in the wild, as the seized snakes were, Morrow said.

The snakes had received proper care, Morrow said.

The three men, whom authorities declined to identify, were issued state summonses for possessing the snakes without a proper license, possessing endangered species and other charges. Agents may present the case to the St. Louis County prosecutor for more charges.

The snakes will be held at the St. Louis Zoo and other zoological centers until the case is closed. They will not be released into the wild.
    Franni

1.0 BP, T'gai
    0.1 Bearded Dragon, Kirk
    1.0 Sugar Glider, Sweet Baby James
    0.2 Cats, Lucy & Luna
    1.0 Demon Dog, Max
    0.1 GF, Kim

Thanks
    Grr. This stuff doesn't help! Do it legally or don't do it!
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    'Zactly. This is the kind of stuff that makes it harder for those who WANT to do it legally.
    Franni

1.0 BP, T'gai
    0.1 Bearded Dragon, Kirk
    1.0 Sugar Glider, Sweet Baby James
    0.2 Cats, Lucy & Luna
    1.0 Demon Dog, Max
    0.1 GF, Kim

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I remember hearing about this and wondering who it was and what pet store. We go to an exoctic pet store in South St. Louis. They have hots displayed but said that none were for sale. Big disclaimers all over the store about it. My hubby just went to the store yesterday so I will have to ask him if he still has the hots displayed.
    0.3 Leopard Gecko (Cricket, Princess, Kimberly) 0.1 Cat (Meechie) 1.1 kids and a hubby who has 1.0 red tail boa (Jay) 1.0 ball python (Silent Bob) and my daughter has 0.0.1 Bahama Anole (Liz) and 0.0.1 White Lined Gecko (Boots)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    It's people like that who mess it up for everone else.
    Thanks,
    Damien
    0.1 2001 Ball Python 1200 grams.
    1.0 1994 Ball Python 3800 Grams.

Thanks
    I'd be too scared to even think about keeping a hot as a pet. Seems like too much of a liability that I'm not in any way prepared to deal with.
    -Brad

Thanks
    I'm with you, Brad, with the exception of rear-fanged colubrids like hognoses.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!