Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,139

2 members and 1,137 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Caribbean shipping.

Greetings.
    I posted this on another business related thread already, only this time I'd like to go further on the topic of shipping fees and permits.

For the past week or so a close friend of mine and I were discussing the possibility of starting snake breeding business here in Barbados.
    We've been doing a lot research (and we still have much more to do).

From what we've discovered, most species of constrictors are very easy to manage temperature wise; due to our natural snake friendly climate.
    We've also learned that it would rather difficult and stressful to import snakes from any country outside of the Caribbean. For example, if we wanted to import snakes from the US we'd have to first obtain a local certificate permit ($25 local dollars) and plus a CITES permit which can cost $400 local dollars. Then after that the snake would have to be shipped to the UK for further examination (which you have to pay fees for as well) and then the snake would be shipped here in Barbados.

HOWEVER if we were to import a snake from the UK or countries/islands in our region, we'd only need the local permit (and perhaps some other paper work, but the snake wouldn't need to be examined)

Now if this is actually the case, we would defiantly be looking at doing some serious business with the UK market! However we still don't know what the procedures would be for exporting snakes to other countries.

Can any one share with me the requirements for the importation of snakes to their countries (preferably anyone from the US or UK)?

We'd honestly love to breed snakes within this region as it gives a more 'natural' vibe and atmosphere for any snake we produce.

We'd really love to be able to ship to any part of the world (including the US) without any hassles as we wish to see the snake community grow stronger!

Thanks
    You have already posted this under a different heading. Please refrain from double posting.