Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,104

0 members and 3,104 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    On Wednesday of this week, my girlfriend Jessica and I were driving around doing some errands when someone from her work (she works at Petsmart) called her and said that someone was there trying to give the store their lizard. She is the store's lizard "expert" so she and I went up to the store and there was a mother and a son who were trying to give a baby Savannah Monitor to Petsmart! The son's father (the parents were divorced) had bought the lizard for him but the mother would not let him keep it (he lived at her house lol).....and was making the kid get rid of the monitor. Petsmart told the mom they could not take the lizard due to company policy about not "advocating the sale of carnivorous lizards" (WTF?)......so the mother said "If we can't find a home for it, we'll just take it home and stick him in the freezer"..... :eek: :evil: ........at which Jessica said "NO! We'll take him!!"......oy......after letting her know how big they got she insisted we save the little fellow from a chilly death so I agreed. We are now the proud yet surprised parents of a tiny baby Savannah Monitor. He is very small so hopefully calming him down won't be a huge issue....he is very healthy, and was inspected by Morti & LdyDrgn yesterday. Wish us luck with our new addition.

P.S.-Pics will be put up ASAP.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Good Luck, but I know you guys will make great parents. How big will the monitor get?
    0.3 Leopard Gecko (Cricket, Princess, Kimberly) 0.1 Cat (Meechie) 1.1 kids and a hubby who has 1.0 red tail boa (Jay) 1.0 ball python (Silent Bob) and my daughter has 0.0.1 Bahama Anole (Liz) and 0.0.1 White Lined Gecko (Boots)

Thanks, I hope he likes us lol. He'll get over 3 feet maybe bigger.

Thanks
    Wow, good for you David. The monitor is lucky you were there to save the day, and lucky to have you and your girlfriend as owners! I hope everything goes well.
    1.0 Ball Python, Norbert
    0.1 Corn Snake, Nagini
    1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa, Peeves

Thanks Gen. I have quickly fallen in love with the little booger. Hes so darn cute, lol. This will be an exciting project for us to undertake. I'm looking forward to it.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Can't wait to see pictures. 3 feet isn't too terrible I thought that they got a lot bigger than that. How much fun. Just think how lucky that monitor is to have you 2 to take care of it.
    0.3 Leopard Gecko (Cricket, Princess, Kimberly) 0.1 Cat (Meechie) 1.1 kids and a hubby who has 1.0 red tail boa (Jay) 1.0 ball python (Silent Bob) and my daughter has 0.0.1 Bahama Anole (Liz) and 0.0.1 White Lined Gecko (Boots)

Well there are some monitors who get very large....Savannahs are a medium sized monitor. I can't wait to take some pics and share them.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Have you named him yet?
    ~Caren~
    "Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." Confucius
    1.0 Other Half - Mark, 0.1 Child - Samantha
    1.0.2 BP:Smitty,Sophie,Unamed One, 1.1 Cali King:Serpico,Simone
    1.2 Canines, 0.2 Felines
    1.1 RES Turtles - Thomas & Thomasina

Yup. His name is Draco.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks