Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 451

0 members and 451 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Canada party!

Thanks

Re: Canada party!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopyslim View Post
    Hahah and I am all alone at the complete opposite end - Vancouver Island aka heaven on earth.

Super blessed to live on Vancouver Island - if you've never visited, it's an amazing place.
    Love the island!

Quote Originally Posted by Fraido View Post
    Ahh, I would love to move out to Alberta or BC. I'm leaning more towards BC, I wanna get into wildlife stuff, rehabilitation and what-not.. fostering adorable, orphaned baby animals.. yes please!

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
    I moved from Toronto to Calgary 9 years ago. It's beautiful out here, but a word of advice - Alberta is pretty restrictive in terms of what herps you can own.
    1.0 Normal
    0.1 Clown
    1.0 Hypo Hog Island/Colombian boa
    0.1 Diamond Jungle Jaguar carpet
    0.1 Butter Spinner
    0.1 Super Sunglow boa
    0.1 Axanthic carpet
    1.0 Pastel Banana Clown

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AerialArtist For This Useful Post:

Snoopyslim (05-05-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AerialArtist View Post
    I moved from Toronto to Calgary 9 years ago. It's beautiful out here, but a word of advice - Alberta is pretty restrictive in terms of what herps you can own.
    BC it is, then! Lol I went on a trip to Alberta for two weeks with my dad and his then girlfriend in 2008, loved it. We went to the WEM waterpark, the Royal Tyrrell Museum, and a few other places. My favourite part was our day trip to Banff, the mountains are beautiful, and we saw a bear cub! 😁 Don't know where momma bear was, but there were some silly people out of their vehicles getting a little too close for comfort. *rolls eyes*

Crawling back into the reptile scene once more!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fraido For This Useful Post:

Snoopyslim (05-04-2016)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Ahh, I would love to move out to Alberta or BC. I'm leaning more towards BC, I wanna get into wildlife stuff, rehabilitation and what-not.. fostering adorable, orphaned baby animals.. yes please!

I think you would love the wildlife in BC. =) Plus we have....THE OCEAN!! Don't think I could ever live without it...we have a beautiful view and I get to watch the sunset and rise on the ocean everyday...if you can't tell I'm a 'stop and smell the flowers' type of person lol sorry to be a BC bragger I just feel so grateful to live here.

p.s. I think it's really cool that you work with reptiles and are so young - is it volunteer or do you get paid?
    Valentine's Keeper

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Snoopyslim For This Useful Post:

Fraido (05-04-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopyslim View Post
    I think you would love the wildlife in BC. =) Plus we have....THE OCEAN!! Don't think I could ever live without it...we have a beautiful view and I get to watch the sunset and rise on the ocean everyday...if you can't tell I'm a 'stop and smell the flowers' type of person lol sorry to be a BC bragger I just feel so grateful to live here.

p.s. I think it's really cool that you work with reptiles and are so young - is it volunteer or do you get paid?
    I don't doubt it one bit! It really is a gorgeous place, and I really do hope to be able to move there one day. There's not much more satisfying than nature, it is just so wonderful. What I find most intriguing about the ocean is honestly the fact that I wouldn't have to worry about a stuffy nose! 😜 But it would definitely be a beautiful sight, dawn and dusk.

Co-op in highschool, haha. I love not being stuck in the school all day, instead being able to work with all these reptiles. I wish there was a larger variety, as it's mostly just ball pythons and corns, but it's still awesome. My placement is actually a large scale feeder place, they raise/breed and distribute feeders (rodent and insect) to the many pet stores and reptile stores. It has it's benefits, but its treatment of the rats are well below par. *sigh* I should probbbably not talk about it since I signed a paper about it. 😔

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fraido For This Useful Post:

Snoopyslim (05-05-2016)

Thanks
    Just so you know, PJ's Pets & Pets Unlimited is going out of business, and on sale!! everything!!

http://www.pjspet.com/_pjs/index.php

Thanks

My local PJs was my favourite petstore, I was pretty sad a couple weeks ago when I went in and found out. *sigh* I was pretty much VIP in that store, could go in and open any cage! Bummer.

Thanks
    Pickering Ontario

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

That is pretty awesome that you don't have to be in school all day but I'm sorry that there's a not so sunny side to the rodents. A few weeks ago while hiking we hiked right into a bear lol my bf didn't even see him I had to say "Hun that's a bear." Luckily he was a big guy and didn't care about us, I've never seen a cub bet it was so cute. Allergies would suck and it's true the ocean does help clear the sinuses but I think my brother has allergies so doesn't help him much =P
    Valentine's Keeper

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Snoopyslim For This Useful Post:

Fraido (05-05-2016)

Thanks

I'm kind of terrified of bears, to be honest. Lol I have slowly developed this irrational (but kinda rational?) fear of them, I would probably have a heart attack if I ran into one hiking. 😅

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I'm kind of terrified of bears, to be honest. Lol I have slowly developed this irrational (but kinda rational?) fear of them, I would probably have a heart attack if I ran into one hiking. 😅

lmao trust me it's a rational fear!! They are SO large and powerful, in an instant you realize you're not the top of the food chain anymore. It's happened twice to me hiking...both times were super chill the first time the bear took off after we let out a shot (not at the bear, I would never hurt an animal) the last time we had no protection and he wasn't leaving just coming towards us we just backed out slowly.
    Valentine's Keeper

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast