Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ


» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 59,588
Threads: 229,944
Posts: 2,370,173
Top Poster: JLC (31,652)
Welcome to our newest member, TeFitisMama

» January 2018

S M T W T F S
31 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31 1 2 3
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 62
  1. #1
    BPnet Senior Member BFE Pets's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-26-2012
    Location
    Ohio but looking to relocate grrrr new laws!
    Posts
    1,354
    Thanks
    729
    Thanked 680 Times in 477 Posts

    none locallity specific bci morp list

    My attempt at a bci morph list. I am not including the localities unless it is purtnent to a specific morph type. i.e. T+ lines.
    Also If there's only one in the world at the moment I am not including it until it is a proven morph.
    please feel free to correct or add anything I may have missed! Please if you add a combo morph name give the genetic make up!


    Proven Single Gene:

    Albino (T-) Kahl line (Recessive)
    Albino (T-) Sharp line (Recessive)
    Albino (T-) Sonoran locatlity (Recessive)
    Amber (Co-Dom)
    Anerythristic- Colombian AKA Type 1 Anery (Recessive)
    Anerythristic-Central American AKA type 2 Anery (Recessive)
    Anerythristic - Black Eyed (Recessive)
    Anerythristic - Silver Bullet (Recessive)
    Arabesque (Dominant)
    Azabache AKA IMG (co-Dom)
    Aztec (Co-Dom)
    Black (Recessive)
    Blood (Recessive)
    Caramel-Albino (T+) Central American complex (Recessive)
    *Costa Rican T+
    *Honduran T+
    *Nicaraguan T+
    Caramel-Albino (T+) Colombian Complex (Recessive)
    *Caramel-hypo T+ AKA Boa Woman Hypo/T+/Caramel
    *Prodigy T+
    *VPI T+
    *Blond T+
    Chaos (Dominant)
    Cyclone (Co-Dom)
    **Harlequin (Polygenic)
    ***Hypo (Co-Dom)
    *Hog Island
    Inca (Dominant)
    Jaguar (Recessive)
    Jungle (Co-Dom)
    Key West (Dominant until proven otherwise)
    Labyrinth (Co-Dom)
    Leopard (Recessive)
    Marron (Co-Dom)
    *Motley: Central American (Co-Dom)
    *Motley: Colombian (Co-Dom)
    Mayan (Dominant until proven otherwise)
    Nova (Co-Dom)
    Onyx (Co-Dom)
    **Pastel (Polygenic)
    Raptor (Co-Dom)
    Reverse Stripe (Recessive)
    Roswell Laddertail (Co-Dom)
    Scoria (Dominant)
    Square Tail (Recessive)
    Striped Tail (Recessive)
    Super Stripe (Recessive)

    * indicates individual lines/Traits and are not known to be compatable or further breeding trials are needed to prove out compatability
    ** a note on pastel lines and Harlequins. there are Several lines of proven pastels all of which should be compatable however more breeding trials are needed at this
    time. these mutations are probable polygenic and breeding a pastel to a normal will not result in pastels. however breeding the offspring back to the pastel or
    siblings normally will result in those offspring being pastel in appearance.
    *** Hypomelanistic boas There are several lines of hypos including some locality specific I.E. Hog Island.

    Named Double Gene / Supers:

    CA Ghost (Type 2 Anery + Hypo)
    Chocolate AKA Super Amber (Amber + Amber)
    Crystal (Labyrinth + Labyrinth)
    Ghost (Type 1Anery + Hypo)
    Het Sunset (Hypo + Hog Island Hypo)
    Hytec (Aztec + Hypo)
    Motleybesque (Motley + Arabesque)
    Mystic (Het Sharp Albino + Het Blond T+
    Paradigm (Het Sharp Albino + Het Caramel-Hypo)
    Pewter (Type 2 Anery + Blood)
    Roswell (Roswell Ladder Tail + Roswell Ladder Tail)
    Sharp Snow (Sharp Albino + Type 1 Anerythristic)
    Sharp Sunglow (Sharp Albino + Hypo)
    Snow (Kahl Albino + Anerythristic)
    Sunglow (Kahl Albino + Hypo)
    Super Azabache
    Super Aztec
    Super Cyclone
    Super Hypo
    Super Jungle
    Super Marron
    Super Motley
    Super Nova
    Super Onyx
    Super Raptor

    Named Triple Gene combos:

    Avalanche (Kahl Albino + Anerythristic + Arabesque)
    Artic (Anery + Het-Sharp Albino + Het caramel-hypo)
    Bloody Ghost (Type 2 Anery + Hypo + Blood)
    Junglow (Kahl Albino + Hypo + Jungle)
    Moonglow (Kahl Albino + Type 1 Anerythristic + Hypo)
    Paraglow (Het Sharp Albino + Het Caramel-Hypo + Hypo)
    Snow-Glow (Sharp Albino + Hypo + type 1 Anery)
    Sunset (Hypo + Hypo + Hog Island)

    Named Quad + Gene combos:

    Artic Glow (Anery + Het Sharp Albino + Het Caramel-hypo + Hypo)
    Albino Sunrise (Kahl Albino + Hypo + Hypo + Hog Island Hypo)
    Bloody Sunset (Blood + Hypo + Hypo + Hog Island Hypo)
    Bloody Sunrise (Blood + Kahl Albino + Hypo + Hypo + Hog Island Hypo)

    Thanks for looking and feel free to add to the list as things are proven of discovered!
    Come see what's new with us at https://www.facebook.com/BFEPetsandSupply

    Happy Herping!!!!

  2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BFE Pets For This Useful Post:

    Evenstar (03-01-2013),Foschi Exotic Serpents (03-03-2013),jben (03-03-2013),Konotashi (06-20-2013),mattj8501 (05-14-2013),swansonbb (03-01-2013)

  3. #2
    BPnet Senior Member Evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-02-2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,378
    Thanks
    1,097
    Thanked 1,947 Times in 1,356 Posts
    Images: 16
    I would also suggest that if you add something to this list, if you insert it directly into the list, please highlight it so H.o.F.R can see what was changed!

    Thank you again for doing this Damon!! We are on our way to a World of Boa Constrictos genetics calculator!! LoL.....
    Last edited by Evenstar; 03-01-2013 at 11:06 PM.
    ~ Kali
    www.facebook.com/kaliopereptiles

    Check out my collection:
    Do you?

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Evenstar For This Useful Post:

    BFE Pets (03-01-2013)

  5. #3
    BPnet Senior Member BFE Pets's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-26-2012
    Location
    Ohio but looking to relocate grrrr new laws!
    Posts
    1,354
    Thanks
    729
    Thanked 680 Times in 477 Posts

    Re: none locallity specific bci morp list

    Quote Originally Posted by Evenstar View Post
    I would also suggest that if you add something to this list, if you insert it directly into the list, please highlight it so H.o.F.R can see what was changed!

    thats a great Idea! thanks!

    Thank you again for doing this Damon!! We are on our way to a World of Boa Constrictos genetics calculator!! LoL.....
    Imo I've done the easy part! theres another forum member thats gonna actually do the hard part and thats make the calculator. I'll let him announce himself.
    Come see what's new with us at https://www.facebook.com/BFEPetsandSupply

    Happy Herping!!!!

  6. #4
    BPnet Senior Member Evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-02-2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,378
    Thanks
    1,097
    Thanked 1,947 Times in 1,356 Posts
    Images: 16
    I know - I figured I'd let him introduce himself too, lol. Then we can give him thanks too!
    ~ Kali
    www.facebook.com/kaliopereptiles

    Check out my collection:
    Do you?

  7. #5
    BPnet Senior Member BFE Pets's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-26-2012
    Location
    Ohio but looking to relocate grrrr new laws!
    Posts
    1,354
    Thanks
    729
    Thanked 680 Times in 477 Posts

    Re: none locallity specific bci morp list

    Weird. I would have thought more people would have been interested in this kind of info.... shrugs.... Im still happy about it.
    Come see what's new with us at https://www.facebook.com/BFEPetsandSupply

    Happy Herping!!!!

  8. #6
    BPnet Veteran ewaldrep's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-09-2012
    Location
    Stow, OH
    Posts
    491
    Thanks
    204
    Thanked 143 Times in 129 Posts
    I have been back to the thread several times! Thanks for the hard work!
    2.0 Red Tail Boa (BCC) - Neil, Hermes (Suriname)
    0.1 Normal Ball - Moonlight (RIP)
    1.0 BEL (lesser x mojave)
    0.1 Pinstripe - Starlight
    1.1 Dogs - Champ, Megan

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ewaldrep For This Useful Post:

    BFE Pets (03-03-2013),Evenstar (03-03-2013)

  10. #7
    BPnet Senior Member Evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-02-2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,378
    Thanks
    1,097
    Thanked 1,947 Times in 1,356 Posts
    Images: 16

    Re: none locallity specific bci morp list

    Quote Originally Posted by H.o.F.R View Post
    Weird. I would have thought more people would have been interested in this kind of info.... shrugs.... Im still happy about it.
    I know what you mean! I wonder if folks don't realize what we plan to DO with this list....


    Guys, we are making an attempt to create a genetics calculator for boas like the one for BPs at WOBP!! Any help to finalize the list would be most appreciated!

    A couple wonderful individuals are collaborating to make this possible - H.o.F.R. is putting the list of morphs together and OWAL Reptiles is also a computer guru and is taking care of writing the program to calculate odds. He will introduce himself here shortly and the program is in the works as we speak - it will be published as soon as its done.

    I am super excited about this project - punnet squares are a pain in the butt for me and I'm sure it is for others, too, considering how many folks use the calculator at WOBP. I hope you all feel the same and will get a lot of use from this!
    Last edited by Evenstar; 03-03-2013 at 09:56 AM.
    ~ Kali
    www.facebook.com/kaliopereptiles

    Check out my collection:
    Do you?

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Evenstar For This Useful Post:

    OsirisRa32 (03-06-2013),Valentine Pirate (03-03-2013)

  12. #8
    BPnet Senior Member jben's Avatar
    Join Date
    12-26-2009
    Location
    Scranton, PA
    Posts
    4,314
    Thanks
    1,729
    Thanked 1,497 Times in 1,400 Posts

    Re: none locallity specific bci morp list

    This is awesome!!!

    Sent from my EVO Design using Tapatalk 2.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to jben For This Useful Post:

    BFE Pets (03-03-2013)

  14. #9
    BPnet Senior Member jben's Avatar
    Join Date
    12-26-2009
    Location
    Scranton, PA
    Posts
    4,314
    Thanks
    1,729
    Thanked 1,497 Times in 1,400 Posts

    Re: none locallity specific bci morp list

    I added hypo jungle, but not sure how to highlight on tapatalk.

    Quote Originally Posted by H.o.F.R View Post
    My attempt at a bci morph list. I am not including the localities unless it is purtnent to a specific morph type. i.e. T+ lines.
    Also If there's only one in the world at the moment I am not including it until it is a proven morph.
    please feel free to correct or add anything I may have missed! Please if you add a combo morph name give the genetic make up!


    Proven Single Gene:

    Albino (T-) Kahl line (Recessive)
    Albino (T-) Sharp line (Recessive)
    Albino (T-) Sonoran locatlity (Recessive)
    Amber (Co-Dom)
    Anerythristic- Colombian AKA Type 1 Anery (Recessive)
    Anerythristic-Central American AKA type 2 Anery (Recessive)
    Anerythristic - Black Eyed (Recessive)
    Anerythristic - Silver Bullet (Recessive)
    Arabesque (Dominant)
    Azabache AKA IMG (co-Dom)
    Aztec (Co-Dom)
    Black (Recessive)
    Blood (Recessive)
    Caramel-Albino (T+) Central American complex (Recessive)
    *Costa Rican T+
    *Honduran T+
    *Nicaraguan T+
    Caramel-Albino (T+) Colombian Complex (Recessive)
    *Caramel-hypo T+ AKA Boa Woman Hypo/T+/Caramel
    *Prodigy T+
    *VPI T+
    *Blond T+
    Chaos (Dominant)
    Cyclone (Co-Dom)
    **Harlequin (Polygenic)
    ***Hypo (Co-Dom)
    *Hog Island
    Inca (Dominant)
    Jaguar (Recessive)
    Jungle (Co-Dom)
    Key West (Dominant until proven otherwise)
    Labyrinth (Co-Dom)
    Leopard (Recessive)
    Marron (Co-Dom)
    *Motley: Central American (Co-Dom)
    *Motley: Colombian (Co-Dom)
    Mayan (Dominant until proven otherwise)
    Nova (Co-Dom)
    Onyx (Co-Dom)
    **Pastel (Polygenic)
    Raptor (Co-Dom)
    Reverse Stripe (Recessive)
    Roswell Laddertail (Co-Dom)
    Scoria (Dominant)
    Square Tail (Recessive)
    Striped Tail (Recessive)
    Super Stripe (Recessive)

    * indicates individual lines/Traits and are not known to be compatable or further breeding trials are needed to prove out compatability
    ** a note on pastel lines and Harlequins. there are Several lines of proven pastels all of which should be compatable however more breeding trials are needed at this
    time. these mutations are probable polygenic and breeding a pastel to a normal will not result in pastels. however breeding the offspring back to the pastel or
    siblings normally will result in those offspring being pastel in appearance.
    *** Hypomelanistic boas There are several lines of hypos including some locality specific I.E. Hog Island.

    Named Double Gene / Supers:

    CA Ghost (Type 2 Anery + Hypo)
    Chocolate AKA Super Amber (Amber + Amber)
    Crystal (Labyrinth + Labyrinth)
    Ghost (Type 1Anery + Hypo)
    Het Sunset (Hypo + Hog Island Hypo)
    Hytec (Aztec + Hypo)
    Hypo Jungle ( Hypo + Jungle)
    Motleybesque (Motley + Arabesque)
    Mystic (Het Sharp Albino + Het Blond T+
    Paradigm (Het Sharp Albino + Het Caramel-Hypo)
    Pewter (Type 2 Anery + Blood)
    Roswell (Roswell Ladder Tail + Roswell Ladder Tail)
    Sharp Snow (Sharp Albino + Type 1 Anerythristic)
    Sharp Sunglow (Sharp Albino + Hypo)
    Snow (Kahl Albino + Anerythristic)
    Sunglow (Kahl Albino + Hypo)
    Super Azabache
    Super Aztec
    Super Cyclone
    Super Hypo
    Super Jungle
    Super Marron
    Super Motley
    Super Nova
    Super Onyx
    Super Raptor

    Named Triple Gene combos:

    Avalanche (Kahl Albino + Anerythristic + Arabesque)
    Artic (Anery + Het-Sharp Albino + Het caramel-hypo)
    Bloody Ghost (Type 2 Anery + Hypo + Blood)
    Junglow (Kahl Albino + Hypo + Jungle)
    Moonglow (Kahl Albino + Type 1 Anerythristic + Hypo)
    Paraglow (Het Sharp Albino + Het Caramel-Hypo + Hypo)
    Snow-Glow (Sharp Albino + Hypo + type 1 Anery)
    Sunset (Hypo + Hypo + Hog Island)

    Named Quad + Gene combos:

    Artic Glow (Anery + Het Sharp Albino + Het Caramel-hypo + Hypo)
    Albino Sunrise (Kahl Albino + Hypo + Hypo + Hog Island Hypo)
    Bloody Sunset (Blood + Hypo + Hypo + Hog Island Hypo)
    Bloody Sunrise (Blood + Kahl Albino + Hypo + Hypo + Hog Island Hypo)

    Thanks for looking and feel free to add to the list as things are proven of discovered!


    Sent from my EVO Design using Tapatalk 2.
    Last edited by jben; 03-03-2013 at 01:33 PM.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jben For This Useful Post:

    BFE Pets (03-03-2013),Evenstar (03-03-2013)

  16. #10
    BPnet Veteran Valentine Pirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-04-2010
    Location
    On an island
    Posts
    1,288
    Thanks
    1,078
    Thanked 482 Times in 368 Posts
    Images: 3
    Very exciting! Keep us updated! A boa calculator/morph list will be very helpful. I have a fuzzy idea of boa morphs, but it'll be so nice to have pictures and reference (especially between the different lines of albino/anery, I have a hard time with those)

    Erica Evans
    Scourge of the San Juan Islands
    High Tide Exotics
    When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water.

    "A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read"

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Valentine Pirate For This Useful Post:

    Evenstar (03-03-2013)

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1