Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,683

0 members and 2,683 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks
    After hearing redtails are suppose to be good feeders I was kinda happy..About 3 Days after recieving my snake (friday)... He still hasnt eaten.. I rarley ever see him going in his hideboxes, and he usualy is just at the top of the enclosure on his little branch of hiding in the corner under the plant. I called the place I obtained him from and they said that he ate the day before they shipped him (wensday) and I shouldnt be hungry.. I tried feeding him a small mouse (today/monday) but he seemed to careless and ignore it.. I was thinking maybe he is stressed becasue he hasnt noticed the hideboxes I have because I never see him in it, or he just isnt hungry period. Anybody know what might be going on?.. Should I be worried at all?
    " I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex " - Mikey -

1 Human/Girlfriend - my baby<3
    1 Colombian Red Tail Boa - Casper
    1 Ball Python - Olah

He is probably stressed from being in such a large enclosure....along with being stressed from his trip. Boas have great feeding responses, as long as you provide them with an environment that is conduscive to their needs. Get a smaller cage and leave him alone for a while.....then offer some food.

Thanks
    His enclsoure is a 66 qt.. I tried to make it as snug as possible adding a plant, branches, and a hidebox..I will leave him alone for about a week and try feeding him..If it doesnt work.. i'll switch his enclosure
    " I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex " - Mikey -

1 Human/Girlfriend - my baby<3
    1 Colombian Red Tail Boa - Casper
    1 Ball Python - Olah

Thanks
    Leaving him alone to de-stress and giving him lots of options to feel secure sounds like a very good plan. Also, while some snakes will eat within a week of arrival, it's generally best to just leave them alone for this long unless you have to bother them (to give fresh water, provide a better hide, etc.). Once he feels at home, I am sure he will eat for you.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!