Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,642

2 members and 1,640 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks

Cool BP Acting Different

My BP, Lucifer (6 months old), has a very out going personality. It's not that he tries getting out all the time but he explores around his cage 24/7, and practically never when into his hide. I could stick my hand in the habbitat and he wouldnt think twoce about crawling up my arm. But for some reason all of a sudden he has completely changed. He hasn't been doing much at all for 2-3 weeks. He stays in his hide so much more then he use to, and I don't really know what's going on. I thought it was pre-shedding behavior, but he never got any signs of shedding. No pink belly, no cloudy, or blue eyes, and no discoloration. He never gotten aggressive, he just doesn't seem as outgoing as he use to be, and I am concerned. I do everything I'm suppose to: mist, and change water everyday. Keep temp. at 80-85 degrees throughout the day and night, and i feed him once a week. There is one thing i changed before he got like this and it was the lighting. I went from 1 to 2 lights due to temp. inconsistancy. One is for a red basking light which is on 24/7, and one is for a normal light that i only have on for 12 hours a day. both lights are resting on top of the cage. Again, I don't know if I'm just over reacting (this is my very first snake) or if its something I'm doing wrong. Let me know, thanks! 🐍

Thanks
    A hiding bp is a happy bp.. Mine never comes out of her hide except to feed and switch hides... But once it's lights out its party time.. Usually between 10pm and 3am.. And if I get home from work after its dark I'll turn the lights on and catch her out n about..

My guess is the 24/7 cruisin was him getting settled in and or was stressed

Thanks
    Also do u use belly heat or just the lamps? They like the belly heat bu it needs to gf trolled by a thermostat so it doesn't burn them..