Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,665

0 members and 2,665 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Hey all you Corn people !!!!!!!!
    Well, I was successful in my mission to the IRBA Reptile show out here in Pomona yesterday - I was specifically looking for a nice Creamsicle Corn Snake and I was able to obtain a three foot long female juvenile. She is really something to see - her coloration is like a piece of candy or something...truly a beautiful snake. I have a few questions about Corn Snake husbandry for all of you though - I am very familiar with Ball Python husbandry and the care of my Boids but I do now know very much about Colubrid husbandry - my questions are : what level of humidity do Corns require ? What is the optimum temp range that they prefer ? Do they have a strong feeding response ? I have heard that they are a very easy species to maintain so I am hoping that I will have little or no problems in her care. I have been very successful with my Ball Pythons over the last year and a half and I think that they are probably a bit trickier than Corns to maintain...I appreciate any input on this that you guys and gals can provide....thankyou very much in advance....

EyeLashViper

Corns are MUCH easier to keep than Ball Pythons. Humidity does not need to be any specific level, except a bit higher when in shed.....temps 75-88......fairly simple.

BTW-you know Creamsicles are not 100% Corn Snake right? They are a hybrid of the Great Plains Ratsnake & Corns.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    It has been my experience that Nanners is alot easier to care for than Bob. He eats when he's supposed too lol, humidity is the same as room temp and like david said just provide a good thermal gradient and he will be super.

Now I'm not sure if the other simularities are their but Nanners drives me crazy with his burrowing and when I first got him he was Captain Muskalot. But he has calmed down alot and now he even will slither up into my hand to get him out. Sometimes it's fascinating to just sit and watch the 2 different species behaviours. They are very fast compared to Ball Pythons and when little very squirmy.

Hopefully someone else can chime in with some other advice/opinions and mention anything else I have not experienced or missed.
    Tiger is Here
    http://www.apple.com/macosx/

1 Red Tail Boa - Jay
    1 Ball Python - Silent Bob
    1 Coastal Carpet Python - Berber
    1 Spoiled princess feline - Meechie
    2 Stinky Rotten Kids
    1 Beautiful wife
    Rest in Peace Amy & Nanners

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Yes...I see that the Creamsicle is not 100% Cornsnake.....huh.....well, anyways she is a real cool looking snake - kind of orangey and pastel...I have named her " Agent Orange" she is sort of squirmy and a bit high strung but she is a real interesting snake and I am proud of her....a nice addition to my collection !!!!

EyeLashViper

Burmeese

Good luck with your new addition. They're very cool and easy snakes.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Congrats! I hope we can see pictures sometime!
    -- Judy

Thanks
    Yay! Get the pictures up soon, I'm excited to see "Agent Orange"...! Good luck with her, viper!
    Soon-to-be Corn snake mummy! I'll keep ya updated...any name suggestions welcomed!

Thanks
    lol you gotta start looking at the dates of the last post in threads. That was 2 months ago.
    2.0 python regius - Ace(pastel) and Pelota(cross-dresser )

Thanks
    Yeah, but I was bored and I still haven't seen pics...LOL
    Soon-to-be Corn snake mummy! I'll keep ya updated...any name suggestions welcomed!

Thanks
    pics! pics! pics!
    - The Member Formerly Known as Bpkid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast