Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,947

0 members and 2,947 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks
    I've got an empty 36x12x12 glass tank/screen top tank and I'm trying to figure out what to do with it. Would it be good for a corn snake? I like the way some of the morphs look. I considered getting geckos or something, but I think I'd rather have another snake instead.

I won't be getting anything for a while cause I want all my attention to go to my new bp Norbert that I just got a month ago, but I always see that empty tank sitting around and I keep wondering what to do with it.

Let me know what you think.
    1.0 Ball Python, Norbert
    0.1 Corn Snake, Nagini
    1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa, Peeves

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    well i dont own a corn, but i have... and i own a kingsnake. imo, i'd say go with a king. there are plenty of species of kingsnakes to choose from so you will be suited perfectly. i love my kingsnake, he's a banded califorinia king, about 6 months old. he requires hardly any care at all. all i really have to do for him is change the newspaper i use for substrate and the water every few days. they require barely no humidity at all, gradient temps of about 85... simple stuff, and awesome snakes. and your tank would be fine for a king.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    oh, i forgot to mention... feeding with corns and kings is a piece of cake. they'll usually take frozen right out of the egg. my kingsnake LOVES to eat.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

That would be a great cage for an adult Corn....but not a tiny baby, lol. Corns are awesome snakes and in my experience are much calmer than most Kings & Milks. Plsu they come in an amazing array of colors and are very affordable.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouEvil
    That would be a great cage for an adult Corn....but not a tiny baby, lol.
    Yeah, I had thought about that. They're so tiny when they're babies! What size would you keep a baby in?
    1.0 Ball Python, Norbert
    0.1 Corn Snake, Nagini

A small rubbermaid is what I keep all of mine in.

Thanks
    Cool, I've got plenty of those. What do you keep the humidity at? The humidity in my bp's rubbermaids have been really high without me doing anything. Don't corns need less humidity?
    1.0 Ball Python, Norbert
    0.1 Corn Snake, Nagini

Corns don't really have any humidity requirements.....I keep mine at whatever humidity the room is at.

Thanks
    Totally! The required is 20 gallons, but that's bigger so you can fit a corn in it. Just put the baby in a smaller container (rubber maid is fine) when its a baby. As it grows put it in the tank. Just be careful for the screen, make sure that your corn isn't rubbing against it, it can cause injury.
    Soon-to-be Corn snake mummy! I'll keep ya updated...any name suggestions welcomed!