Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,867

2 members and 2,865 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
    Thanks

Cinnamon Orange Glow ( Updated Pictures )

Well I haven't posted her up in other forums much, So here she is! We hatched her out last summer and she is now sitting around 600 grams, She is keeping her colours nicely and glows brighter with age!

This season we have put her father to a few different morphs to see if we can hatch out some new things with him! Also put him to a few normals to try and isolate the single gene to work with.

Well here she is,

And the picture i summited to the World Of Ball Pythons of her,

I'll be sure to keep everyone updated on how the clutches go with her father! and the outcomes of them... I'm super excited for these up coming clutches!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,789 Times in 1,214 Posts

Re: Cinnamon Orange Glow ( Updated Pictures )

What are the genetics? I'm not familiar with this combo.

She's gorgeous though.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    Balls:
    *0.1 Mojave *0.1 Pinstripe *0.1 Bumblebee *1.0 Super pastel butter *1.0 Mojave orange ghost *0.3 100% het orange ghosts *0.1 Pastel 50% het orange ghost *1.1 PE Lemonback fires *1.0 Fire *0.1 Pastel *1.0 Albino *0.1 Spider 100% het albino
    Other critters:
    *1.0 Anery motley corn *G. rosea tarantula *G. pulchripes *P. metallica *0.0.2 A. versicolor *C. cyaneopubescens *A. geniculata *B. smithi *B. boehmei *Nhandu chromatus *H. maculata *C. marshalli *1.0 Australian shepherd mix

Thanks
    Here is what i got off the breeder who i got my original male breeder from, Hopefully this helps some because not much as been done with the morph to date, I should have some exciting new stuff this season with this gene!

This morph/gene has created alot of hype for 2009. It was first produced in 2008 by a female Pastel that we produced from a CH female which we refer to as the Orange line based on tracking codes we give our breeders. The PD Pastel female bred for her first time to a male we had used for many years to many females and nothing had appeared like this - so it was safe to say that the Pd line produced the first Orange Glow. The Orange Glow came out bright stunning orange with very little body flecking, almost like a stunning orange Pastel. He was a clean, blushed and banded orange ball. Everyone had agreed we have seen nothing like him. His siblings almost all had a very unusual orange hue to them compared to normal counterparts. They wern't orange but they were definately different.

That same year (2008) we bred our orange ghost/hypo male to the original CH PD female and produced orange ghost/hypo hets. We kept a male back because he was a true Granite and we also work with Granites and beleive they do change morphs (like our Super Pastel Granite female). We managed to have him succesfully copulate with one of our regular Het Orange Ghost/Hypo females for the 2009 season and she produced 3 beautiful Orange Ghost/Hypos, however one came out an eye popper! She is a clean, blushed, bright Orange Ghost/Hypo of which has never been produced. Turns out the offspring of the PD line are carriers of the gene even when they don't show it (like the Pastel female and now the Het Orange Ghost/Hypo) So we have proven it wasn't just lightning striking once! Maybe it's a hidden gene. We called the Orange Glow Orange Ghost/Hypo cross an Orange Burst. 2010 we are finally set to run the Orange Glow gene to Orange Glow gene and the results should be exciting! The key and mystery here is: it only takes ONE carrier of the PD line to produce the Orange Glow effect!!
    Last edited by CherryBlossom; 02-22-2013 at 12:54 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CherryBlossom For This Useful Post:

Coleslaw007 (02-22-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,789 Times in 1,214 Posts

Hmmm that's really neat. I looked up pics of the original glows and combos, some neat looking snakes. Good luck with future projects, keep us posted!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    Balls:
    *0.1 Mojave *0.1 Pinstripe *0.1 Bumblebee *1.0 Super pastel butter *1.0 Mojave orange ghost *0.3 100% het orange ghosts *0.1 Pastel 50% het orange ghost *1.1 PE Lemonback fires *1.0 Fire *0.1 Pastel *1.0 Albino *0.1 Spider 100% het albino
    Other critters:
    *1.0 Anery motley corn *G. rosea tarantula *G. pulchripes *P. metallica *0.0.2 A. versicolor *C. cyaneopubescens *A. geniculata *B. smithi *B. boehmei *Nhandu chromatus *H. maculata *C. marshalli *1.0 Australian shepherd mix

Thanks

I will for sure... I've put her dad to a pastel , bumblebee and a two normal females

So we should have some interesting things popping out this season
    Last edited by CherryBlossom; 02-22-2013 at 01:04 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CherryBlossom For This Useful Post:

Coleslaw007 (02-22-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries
    She's very pretty!

Thanks
    Oooo, she's very pretty!
    Kimbly

Pastel 'Cami' Mojave 'Tank'
    Kingpin 'Cleo'
    KillerBee 'Buzz'
    Pied 'Patches'
    Lesser 'Lieutenant Dan'
    Mojave 'Lyla'
    Het Pied 'Norm'
    2 Normals 'Audrey' and 'Girl'
    Fire 'Smokey'
    Black Pastel '#3'
    Normal 'Slim Shady'
    Butter

Sassy and Reilly, our furry girls

Gabrielle,
    Brynn, Samuel - our human kids

Thanks

Beautiful snake!
    LLLReptile and Supply Company, Inc -- Your one stop herp shops online, and retail stores in Southern California!
    Check us out on facebook - www.facebook.com/LLLReptile
    For questions about products or animals, or customer service questions, please call our toll free number at 888-547-3784.

Thanks

Thanks everyone, I can't wait to see what other combo orange glow and orange glow cinnamon stuff I pop out over here!