Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,137

0 members and 3,137 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Registered User Quantum Constrictors's Avatar
    Thanks

This time its for real.

Im sure some of you remember back at the end of May I posted a thread about me starting my journey to lose 200 pounds. Well that utterly failed when I received a lump sum of money from a car accident law suit. It was like 2 weeks after I started my "journey". My house burned down at the end of 2011 so I finally had the money to buy back some of the stuff I lost like a gaming computer and a big screen TV. Well those two things right there led to my ultimate failure of my journey. So over the last 8 months I have been in my room playing videogames and watching netflix for hours upon hours.

Well its finally hit me for the last time. The chest pains, the back pain, the stomach pains all got out of hand. One day about 2 weeks ago I came to the realization while doing laundry that I didnt leave the apartment for 8 days. 8 days I didnt even leave my apartments front door. The following night I had a dream. It showed me what my life would be like if I lost weight. It was the weirdest thing. But the subconscious is a powerful thing. So the following day I said goodbye to all my online friends. Turned off the computer and unplugged the power and monitor cable. Took the power and video cable off my xbox 360 as well. Tapped them altogether and handed them to my mom to hide and to not give them back.

So that was Step 1.

Step 2 was figuring out my diet.

I am currently by my best guess. Sitting around 430-450 pounds. You can buy a scale at any stores that go over 350 I think.

My diet was crud. I ate what ever I wanted when ever I wanted till I was so full I felt sick. 3 times a day. Then 3 times I would snack which would equal to meals to a "normal person". Its not really junk food either like chips and candy. Its usually like meats and pastas and soups. Stuff thats a lot higher in fat and calories then junk food.

So the day after I un plugged everything I was referred to a free Android app called MyFitnessPlanner. I ate normally that day put everything I ate into the app. By the end of the day I had my total caloric intake.

Total intake of calories on my old eat what ever I want diet = 4137 Calories.

Lets break that down for the day.

Total Fat - 169g

Cholesterol - 328 mg

Sodium - 4387 mg (OMG)

Potassium - 3390 mg

Total Carbs - 493 g

Protein - 142 g

Out off everything I ate :

49% of it was Carbs

37% of it was Fat

14% of it was Protein.

OUCH.

So in comes the new diet.

Its nothing fancy right now.

Breaking it down it goes.

Morning - Meal replacement shake made with 1% Skimmed Milk, 1 Banana and a handful of sliced strawberries and I blend that all together in a blender.

Snack - Caesars Salad

Lunch - Chicken Wraps. Which is Skin less Chicken Breast with lettuce, some Caesars salad dressing for flavor and then wrapped up with whole wheat wraps.

Snack - Melba toast. Sometimes I may have them plain or with peanut butter.

Dinner - Chicken. In any way I want it lol.

Snack - Another Shake.

All that together comes to a total caloric intake of 2373 HEALTHY calories.

I have been on that diet for over a week now and feel great!!!!

Now Step 3.

Since I have been at this for a week I am introducing exercise and fitness!

Since I have been sitting for 8 months and pretty much inactive. I am stating slow. Going for walks everyday for 20-30 minutes just to get my muscles working again. After about a week of moving again I am going to start increasing walking time till I get to an hour. Then I will be doing morning and evening walks.

My mother has promised me that if I stick to my diet she is going to be buying me a gym membership so hopefully by the time I get my cardio up to 2 times a day I will be able to start working out at the gym.

So yah thats it so far. I am finding by doing this in smaller steps and getting rid of the root of my problems (videogames) I am able to actually do this and be excited. Instead of jumping into headfirst and change everything in the first day like I did with all the other times I failed.

I recently got blood work done too. No signs of high cholesterol, no signs of diabetes, no signs of any thyroid problems. So with all those out of my mind it should be a lot easier to lose weight.

My goal still stands at losing 200-230 pounds. I am not giving my self a time frame in which to lose the weight by.

I really need to do it this time.

Before this I could feel my life slipping away.

I didnt know if I would be alive to be the best man at my Sisters Wedding in June. I didnt know if I was going to see my 21st birthday this year. I didnt even know if I would live through the nights.

But now. Now I know that I am going to do all those things (except die in my sleep LOL)

This time is so so different. It feels different.

I have got a good feeling.

Lots of Love,

Joey
    - Joey

No snakes anymore!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Quantum Constrictors For This Useful Post:

33rpm (02-20-2013),bad-one (03-02-2013),monk90222 (02-20-2013),Redneck_Crow (02-20-2013),Rob (02-20-2013),Seanjackmc (03-01-2013)

Thanks

This time its for real.

Wow!! Good for you Joey! You are gonna kill it! I love that MyFitnessPal. It is really an eye opener, isn't it? And it's really great to be able to track your food AND exercise! I've done Insanity a couple of times, and going through the changes is just the best feeling in the world. I'm rooting for you - you're going to do great!
    Kimbly

Pastel 'Cami' Mojave 'Tank'
    Kingpin 'Cleo'
    KillerBee 'Buzz'
    Pied 'Patches'
    Lesser 'Lieutenant Dan'
    Mojave 'Lyla'
    Het Pied 'Norm'
    2 Normals 'Audrey' and 'Girl'
    Fire 'Smokey'
    Black Pastel '#3'
    Normal 'Slim Shady'
    Butter

Sassy and Reilly, our furry girls

Gabrielle,
    Brynn, Samuel - our human kids

Thanks

Re: This time its for real.

Quote Originally Posted by nimblykimbly View Post
    Wow!! Good for you Joey! You are gonna kill it! I love that MyFitnessPal. It is really an eye opener, isn't it? And it's really great to be able to track your food AND exercise! I've done Insanity a couple of times, and going through the changes is just the best feeling in the world. I'm rooting for you - you're going to do great!
    Thank yah,

MyFitness PAL thats what it is... Dont know why I put PLANNER LOL BAHDOINNNG
    - Joey

No snakes anymore!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Quantum Constrictors For This Useful Post:

nimblykimbly (02-19-2013)

Thanks

Good luck.
    And remember if you slip a bit don't beat yourself up over. Just get back on that horse.

A friend of mine did this about 5 years ago and now he is in better shape than I am.

Thanks
    Love myfitnesspal. I'm working on losing at least 100 lbs to get back to my rowing weight. May the force (and smoothies) be with you!

0.0.1 Normal (Ares), 0.2 Afrian Pygmy Hedgehog (Amelia & Aly), 0.1 Pomeranian (Adrian)

Thanks
    Thanks!

Of course the force will be with me it always is
    - Joey

No snakes anymore!

BPnet Veteran Exotic Ectotherms's Avatar
    Thanks
    Good luck brother. I am in a similar boat as you....I am 6'4" and at my peak weight I was 412 lbs. I've tried gimmick diets and even took the preliminary steps towards Lap-Band surgery, but didn't go through with it. I talked to my doctor and he recommended a diet called MediFast. It is a low carb, high protein diet where you eat 6 small meals per day. 5 of them are the "MediFast" food and 1 meal is a home-made "Lean & Green" meal....which consists of a portion of lean meat and low carb veggies. I am currently on my 5th day of the diet and I can honestly say that I have not felt overly hungry even though I have reduced my daily caloric intake from ~3500 calories to 800-1000 calories. Also...the food is actually good...I was pleasantly surprised by that.The plan recommends that you not exercise strenuously for the first two weeks to allow your body to acclimate to the reduction in calories, but light cardio or weights are ok. I am ECSTATIC to report that I have lost 14 lbs in 5 days with minimal exercise. I realize that my weight loss will slow down, but for the first time in my life I feel like I can accomplish my weight loss goals. My goal is to hit 275 lbs. That may still be overweight according to the BMI scale, but I feel like it is a healthy weight for me. Don't get me wrong...I'm not trying to push MediFast on you...just sharing my experience to help you along.

I am glad that you started this thread. If it is ok with you, I think I would like to check in periodically with my progress and I would love it if you would do the same. Peer support can go a long way...especially since we obviously share other common interests.

You can do it bro...stay strong.
    1.0 Mojave 100% Het VPI Axanthic "Pleepleus"
    1.2 Albino Common Snapping Turtles "Beavis, Patty & Selma"

Thanks

You can do it! You'll be feeling better in no time, too, as the weight starts coming off.

I lost fifty pounds last year doing paleo, and love that "diet". (No, it's NOT atkins) It's basically no sugars, no wheat/beans/empty carbs, and nothing refined or otherwise processed commercially. I got to eat sweets every day too, and that always makes things much easier for us girls who are chocoholics. I've got another fifty I'd like to lose this year, and am off to a good start. I'm adding in exercise, and averaging an 8 mile walk 3x a week. I feel great.

If you slip up, don't feel guilty. Just gather the reins and climb back on while learning from the mistake. Learn what triggers a slipup and try to steer clear of those situations.

Good luck!
    `*`

Thanks

Kick ass, man! Your new diet sounds great, too! Keep up the excellent work you are doing...and yes, video games (tho, fun) CAN be the devil!!! Exercise is a wonderful stress reliever, as well!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,686 Posts

This time its for real.

Good to see your back at it, I remember your old thread. I told you my fitness pal is awesome! If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast